• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

More 2002 US NSX Info

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
Just received word that:

* 2002 parts are now in the Acura parts database. Most, but not all, include price. The rest will be added soon.

* Wheels are 17x7 front, 17x9 rear. No price yet. Color is listed as "BMW Silver"?? Figure that one out.

* Yes, the new headlights are HID (low beam only). To retrofit, it looks like parts will total around $2125 and require new nose (no surprise - see below)

* New nose parts will total about $1300 NOT including the hood.

* YOU CANNOT ORDER ANY 2002 PARTS YET

Which dealer did you contact? I want to find out how much the new rear bumper is going to cost.

I called South Coast Acura here and they do not have info for 2002 parts yet???

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 06 December 2001).]

I wonder if they'll do something about the stock radio, and what about in-car navigation?

It'd be even better if we can retrofit it into our cars.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Lud:

* New nose parts will total about $1300 NOT including the hood.

* YOU CANNOT ORDER ANY 2002 PARTS YET

OK, I'm the little birdie in case anyone cares. I have also confimed that the 2001 HOOD is the same as the 2002 hood, so the conversion will not entail a new hood.

...or so my mole tells me.
biggrin.gif

Also, the prices quoted by LUD were the Dali Racing price, you might not get it that cheap at your local dealer, the more "kits" we get the more it will get discounted.

------------------
need more info? please private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Mark,

I think your "mole" might be wrong.

If you look closely at the photos the headlight openings are much different.

On the 91-01 models the trailing edge of the headlight doors is roughly perpendicular to the long axis of the car. In other words that line goes straight across the car.

On the 02 model the trailing edge of the now-exposed headlight pod is swept back at a noticeable angle. Perhaps 10-20 degrees?

nsxlights.jpg

Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Originally posted by Jimbo:
Mark,
I think your "mole" might be wrong.

My mole is a local parts dept. manager that has the Acura December Microfiche release and the part number for the 2001 and the 2002 hoods is the exact same number.

Originally posted by Jimbo:

If you look closely at the photos the headlight openings are much different.

I'm not arguing with the picture or anyones analysis of why it could or could not fit. I'm merely reporting what it says in the Official Acura Parts database. Perhaps Acura is wrong and it will not fit. We have a headlight kit on order.

------------------

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Originally posted by sjs:
Interesting! Same wheel diameter f/r. I'm anxious to know about the tires.

the tires are 215/40/17 and 255/40/17, or so it says in the parts release.

------------------

[email protected]

Mark,

I guess we'll have to wait. It certainly does look like from the Type R Japan pictures that the opening is different.

It looks like a different angle and more of a curve. Maybe the R is different, or what they showed at the Japan show was a prototype.

-Jim

------------------

Jimbo,
I think the opening is different because the bumper is different. I can see the new light housing going into the bumper area much further than the original door does. JMO of course.

1HOT,

I agree. I also see that as well. To me it looks like the bumper and the hood is different.

-Jim

------------------

The bumper cover is definitely different. We know that for sure. The question is whether the hood is different or not. And I suspect this is something we won't know for sure until someone has seen one up close in person.

Ken,

Although I was 99% sure the hood was different before, it's only in that last head-on image where you can really see without a doubt that's there's no way the hood is the same.

-Jim

------------------

what I hope they don't do is retain the part #s of old to new.

For example, the new (97+) chin spoiler has the same part # (IIRC) as the old chin spoiler. If you order a spoiler replacement today, all you can buy is the 97+. AFAIK, you cannot buy the old-style chin spoiler from Acura/Honda

IOW, I hope you can still purchase parts for the older cars down the road.

Any rough idea on the availability on these parts? I would like to possibly order one of the new engine covers, preferably in the Type-R red.

Also, my rear valence got a little scratched up and I really like the new one.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Rob Kurfehs
1993 NSX Coupe
Blk/blk
www.neweconomydesign.com

Back