• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

more NSX photos from Japan

Let's start with some "rare" colors

Lime Green

PB170883-vi.jpg

another medium green -- never-seen this before, but its a factory color

PB180919-vi.jpg

a nice medium-blue -- I think there are 4 blue colors available

PB170896-vi.jpg

PB170892-vi.jpg

Imola Orange -- now available in US

NSXF020072-vi.jpg

one of many custom colors also shown... this is the Backyard Special car

PB180930-vi.jpg

PB180916-vi.jpg

------------------
Manuel C
My Toys:
93 NSX : track-prepared
93 MBZ 300CE : some mods
97 Mazda MX5 : stock for now
93 Honda NH750

[This message has been edited by nsx1164 (edited 22 November 2002).]

another shot of the widebody white

PB180945-vi.jpg

Silver car -- mesh on Taitec valence

PB180961-vi.jpg

Monte Carlo blue Type S-Zero -- with AXLE bodykit and Mugen wheels. I rode this car on the first day.

PB170893-vi.jpg

PB170895-vi.jpg

Red widebody at Phase (NSX tuner)

PB160837-vi.jpg

PB160839-vi.jpg

PB160838-vi.jpg

some modified silver cars... WHITE seems to be the popular color in Japan (they have 4 shades -- two are "pearl")

PB170909-vi.jpg

PB170886-vi.jpg

a modded red car with an aggressive rear valance (holy batmobile!)

PB180912-vi.jpg

PB180914-vi.jpg

PB180913-vi.jpg

the fixed-headlamp conversions leak here too
biggrin.gif

I think that maroon car in the first set of pictures is a factory color option, not custom. At least it looks like one of the factory colors in Japan.

I am surprised nobody in the US has done a replica of one of the race cars. I think that would be a very cool project.

Originally posted by Lud:
I think that maroon car in the first set of pictures is a factory color option, not custom. At least it looks like one of the factory colors in Japan.
I think you might be right... I saw a few heavily-modded cars in this color, and its difficult to match.

It also is $$$ to get this -- "regular" pearl metallic paint (yellow, midnight, blue) costs about $1500 more ; the "special" pearl metallic colors (orange, white, lime green, candy red) cost about $3000 more.

Under the custom order plan, you can specify most anything. You can get the wheels in ANY of the body colors, or chrome/polished. Extensive options on leather (color, finish, stitching, etc). All for more $$

I had the dealer at Honda HQ print a price sheet for a new white NA2 NSX-R. Base price was about Y12M (about $100K); adding in SRS, ABS and A/C brought the price to about Y14M (about $120K).

Yeah, it's a factory color, but by special order only. Lime Green, and the aqua blue and a couple others are special order factory colors also.

-Ben

Originally posted by Lud:

I am surprised nobody in the US has done a replica of one of the race cars. I think that would be a very cool project.

Originally posted by Tom Larkins:
Thank you greatly, did anyone from the mother land provide any hints of the future ???
Nothing too definitive... as always, the "veil of secrecy" is pretty effective, even to the local enthusiasts.

However, if this superlative event is any indication of Honda's continued committment to the NSX dream, and its ownership community -- I believe we are all in good hands. They will NOT come up short.

Cool pictures!!!

I was wondering what those tennis balls are for in the engine compartment of the yellow Advance modified NSX?

Are they functional or just for a joke?
confused.gif

I thought they were baseballs, myself.
They are to stop foreign objects falling into the bellmouths & into the intake (obviously not there when running!).

Originally posted by D'Ecosse:
I thought they were baseballs, myself.
They are to stop foreign objects falling into the bellmouths & into the intake (obviously not there when running!).

Yeah.. looking closer again, they are baseballs!

More pictures from NSX Fiesta:

Opening day parade lap at Suzuka had cars grouped by color. White had most cars, and went first, then red, silver, black, yellow (with orange)... the other colors trailed.

Here's a shot of the red cars (photo by Wilson of the NSX Owners Club of Hong Kong)

ZWSDSCN0023-vi.jpg

Closing-day parade lap had cars in random order. Here's a photo of that (also from Wilson).

ZWSDSCN0290-vi.jpg

Final group shot, including several JGTC pilots (photo from Wilson).

ZWSDSCN0295-vi.jpg

Originally posted by nsx1164:
some new NSX-R -- most in attendance were white, but there were a few yellow ones.

PB170901-vi.jpg

PB180920-vi.jpg

Rare silver NA1 NSX-R

PB180952-vi.jpg

Our host Hirofumi with his 95 NA1 NSX-R

PB180931-vi.jpg

Absolutely stunning, if you ask me.

The NSX-R is simply beautiful in its simplicity.

Back