• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Motion Control Suspension (MCS) for NSX

RYU

Legendary Member
Patron Supporter
Tech Expert
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t even think about the extra fluid volume. Would 1/2” of less body make a significant difference? I did basically need to pry the lower control arm down to get the bottom bolt in. So maybe these are a similar length.

Good to know on the cups. Your cups are like 20-25mm compressed? with a 25mm cup and 6” springs it’d be in the same perch position as my 7” spring. Though I wonder if I could have the spring directly up against the cups instead of the spring hats that are on there now adding 1/2” of height

The curse, already thinking about changing stuff and I have 20 miles on them lol. They do feel good!
1/2" of fluid volume probably makes no noticeable difference but it makes me feel better and I can brag on the socials lol

yes, my cups take up about is about 20mm or so of spring travel so to speak, but you'll notice I machined my cups to mate flat with my monoball top hats. I wanted zero compliance there. NVH has been neglible. I really should get shorter helper springs but after all these years they have been problem free so it didn't occur to me to do so until just now.

I'm sure your new dampers feel great! Love to try them one day.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noted on the cups! And looking forward to seeing the fitment with the 6” springs.

For posterity, AR said the off the shelf front dampers are 1” shorter in the body and 1/2” shorter in the shaft

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What spring length are you running? That may need to be factored into the final number.

Unfortunately my car is in the shop having the StopTech calipers swapped out or I would get you my number as well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What spring length are you running? That may need to be factored into the final number.

Unfortunately my car is in the shop having the StopTech calipers swapped out or I would get you my number as well.
It looks like somewhere between 1-2”. This is at rideheight:
Something is wrong, then. At the MAX height on the rear shocks (using the 7" springs), I'm at 165 mm or 6.5" measured to the factory point on the rear toe control arm! That's a drop of 48 mm or 1.88"! Slammed! Is it even safe to drive at this amount of drop? :mad:

@MexiRicer @RYU

Even with an 8" spring, the highest I can go is 190 mm, where the minimum specified NSX-R height is 203 mm. Should I order 9" springs, so I can at least adjust the height within the factory specs? Or stick with 8"? Grrrr....

20230127_172746.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, you should contact Martin at AR and see what he says. You didn't indicate what length your damper bodies are. I know MCS manufactures them in a variety of lengths.

I have my car back and can measure my springs and dampers tomorrow.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that’s too bad. Is the car on the ground? Does it look way slammed? Fwiw my rideheight is pretty high as far as hotbois go and there is def plenty of extra room with the 7” rear springs

I’m on 18s in the rear. Measured on the ground after driving, tape pulled from the lowest point of the wheel’s lip (outer of the lip) to the top of the rear fender opening is 23 1/2”. It’s an easy 2 finger gap with chonky 275/35/18 RT660s. That’s 26 1/8” from the ground to the top of the fender opening.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, you should contact Martin at AR and see what he says. You didn't indicate what length your damper bodies are. I know MCS manufactures them in a variety of lengths.

I have my car back and can measure my springs and dampers tomorrow.
OK - here are my numbers:

Rear wheel diameter = 17"
Distance from bottom of wheel rim to bottom of fender opening = 22 7/8"
Damper length = 11"
Spring length = 7"
Distance from top threads of damper to top of top rear perch = 2"

Hope this helps

Last edited: