• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Moving to DC area; local shops?

Hey DC Primers,

I'm a longtime owner now relocating from Texas to the DC area. Looking forward to meeting up and driving with some local owners and seeing who everyone goes to for maintenance. I'm a couple years out from another timing belt/water pump but want to start getting an idea ahead of time.

Thanks!

Wow thanks for all the quick responses guys. I checked this thread the next day and saw the replies, but now getting a chance to come back.

Hi there! Where are you moving to? We live in Odenton near Ft Meade. I wrench on tons of nsxs, but there are a few places and people that do what you are looking for. Hit me up anytime.

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will most likely be in the Alexandria area, but we're still looking. I actually purchased my 1991 NSX from a member there and drove it home to TN over 10 years ago.

The NSX Whisperer is in Woodbine, MD. I would not take either of mine to anyone else.
This is Ben inspecting my car on the first day I met him, fortunately for me.
Tell him AJ sent ya!

https://www.facebook.com/DaisyImportAutoCare/

Yep, one of the best NSX shops in the country is in the DMV. Like ajmr2 said, hit up Daisy's and they will take care of you.

Hey thanks for the tips guys! Sounds like a solid place to go.

Do you guys do any meet ups or drives in the area?

We do! We have a tight knit group that does cars and coffee, dinners and the like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Consider me interested.

Feel free to reach out if you want/need a viewpoint from people local to the Alexandria area. I am over by Crystal City and relatively familiar with much of Alexandria.

We've got a child, 2 golden retrievers, and 3 vehicles, so we're realistically looking for a townhome to rent that allows pets and has a 2 car garage. I've got to cross the 495 east bridge in the mornings and I know that can be a parking lot. A little west of there in Kingstowne/Springfield/Franconia has places that fit that description, but the pet part is the wildcard. We're going to take a trip out there for a couple weeks to see what works. If we find a place that only has 1 garage, I will probably get a storage unit for the NSX big enough to bring up my 240Z from TN to start putting together.

That is a tough list in this area of limited space. As you are probably noticing you often trade home/living space for a longer commute.

Happy to chime in if you have specific locations/properties in mind either here or via PM.

That is a tough list in this area of limited space. As you are probably noticing you often trade home/living space for a longer commute.

Happy to chime in if you have specific locations/properties in mind either here or via PM.

Me, too. 3rd-generation NoVa native here. So if Dan doesn’t know a specific area, I might (and vice-versa).

Welcome to the DC area.....I can throw in Loudoun County Exotic. While they're not NSX specific, they do a great job with my R8. Check they out...

Thanks for the advice all. We've actually decided to be on the Maryland side in between DC, Baltimore, and Annapolis in Anne Arundel.

Seemed to be all the amenities we wanted in NoVa but a bit more house for the price. Drive to Daisy will be shorter at least! Anyone here over that way?

I have heard Loudoun County Exotics too! Ironic because I'm from Loudon County, TN, and my car will have that license plate on it.

Hi there! Where are you moving to? We live in Odenton near Ft Meade. I wrench on tons of nsxs, but there are a few places and people that do what you are looking for. Hit me up anytime.

Jay

Hey I'm going to be very close to you!

Back