• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MT Baldy Run-- 9/14---Had so much fun I am repeating with Miata club NSX INVITED!

Les was right. GMR IS a great road and the whole "event" was so much fun I decided to invite the San Diego Miata Club (yes I also have a supercharged Miata) to do the same run on September 14th. We will be leaving the North County area of San Diego with our meeting point there being the lot across from Arco gas station, Deer Springs Road off Interstate 15. Driver's meeting and signing of waivers will be 5:45 and departure 6 am. I expect to arrive in Glendora at 7:30 am and our "pit stop/rallying point" there will be at McDonalds 1835 E RTE 66, Glendora CA, 91740. If you meet us there, you will be asked to sign a waiver and you will then be welcome to join the group. We are also extending a local invitation to Sky/Solstice/S2000 and Mini drivers but I haven't had any RSVP's from those groups as of yet.

This will be the same Run, Lift, Breakfast event that Les ran on 8/25 so same instructions apply as before.

Follow the links and all instructions:

Hikers Breakfast for 1
http://www.shopbaldy.com/TO-Detail.lasso?id=654&loc=100

Hikers Breakfast for 2
http://www.shopbaldy.com/TO-Detail.lasso?id=621&loc=100

I announced this run two days ago via our email website and as of this posting there are 6 Miatas going. More will probably RSVP in the immediate future.

If you would like to go on this run with the San Diego Miata Club ( can you keep up? ) :biggrin: LMK and I will start an interest list

alan

I received this as a PM but I would prefer to address it here:

[h=2]I may go but...[/h]
my car is at Nick's getting some love so I missed Les's drive to GMR and would like to do it soon but if too many pesky Miatas showing up and other cars, wouldn't be a "mess" to manage or do we do it in groups of 10? would NSX be in the back group? There are a few NSX may want to go as its on a Sat. not Sunday.

my stock 10 yr. special is kinda numb to drive. I wish I still had my 94R.

I don't think the "pesky Miatas" are going to be an issue and I was semi-serious about the NSX's being able to keep up. That being said.... on EVERY "Miata run" when Other Than Miatas (OTM's) are invited the OTM's run at the back of the group with one final Miata running as "sweep". On Miata runs that I have led in the past I have allowed the "racers" to go ahead of me with run directions in hand and I will do the same on this run. You do not have to worry about a Miata driver damaging your NSX. Even though I have opened the run to other cars I do NOT expect a large turnout. The actual beginning of the fun part of this run is ONE AND ONE HALF HOURS north of our gathering point and that gathering point can be as much as ONE HOUR north of where some of the SDMC members live. It's a very early start for us here in San Diego County and I think that, coupled with the long drive up the freeway will be a turn off for many.

The SDMC drivers are like me for the most part-----OLD and cautious. Bring your NSX or in Patty's case S2000, or whatever.... and come have fun!!!!!! :biggrin:​

I don't think the "pesky Miatas" are going to be an issue and I was semi-serious about the NSX's being able to keep up. That being said.... on EVERY "Miata run" when Other Than Miatas (OTM's) are invited the OTM's run at the back of the group with one final Miata running as "sweep". On Miata runs that I have led in the past I have allowed the "racers" to go ahead of me with run directions in hand and I will do the same on this run. You do not have to worry about a Miata driver damaging your NSX. Even though I have opened the run to other cars I do NOT expect a large turnout. The actual beginning of the fun part of this run is ONE AND ONE HALF HOURS north of our gathering point and that gathering point can be as much as ONE HOUR north of where some of the SDMC members live. It's a very early start for us here in San Diego County and I think that, coupled with the long drive up the freeway will be a turn off for many.

The SDMC drivers are like me for the most part-----OLD and cautious. Bring your NSX or in Patty's case S2000, or whatever.... and come have fun!!!!!! :biggrin:[/INDENT]

^Nope, I'm definitely going to Kennedy Meadows on Thursday, the 12th, so I won't be joining in. Besides, you insulted me with your texts about my S2000. :mad: :wink:

As of today, Thursday 9/12 there are 10 Miatas confirmed (more might show up the day of the drive) and no other car groups. This run is still open for any NSX to join. Details are in preceding posts if you are interested.

Kennedy fell through since my roofer is still working on the metal roofs for me. I don't think I want to join in though. You're stuck up, Alan, because your fugly Miata is fast.

Truth is, GMR is my least favorite road of all time. I feel like hurling as a driver. Yes, I admit it, I'm a wimp.

Kennedy fell through since my roofer is still working on the metal roofs for me. I don't think I want to join in though. You're stuck up, Alan, because your fugly Miata is fast.

Truth is, GMR is my least favorite road of all time. I feel like hurling as a driver. Yes, I admit it, I'm a wimp.

Patty

This is a copy and paste from my email to the Miata group:

"BTW I do NOT intend to lead a "speed run"
over GMR. Once we get to GMR anyone with an
inclination to let it rip will be invited to run in front of
the group until we reach the ski resort. So.... If you were
afraid that you couldn't keep up that should NOT be a
consideration. I intend to lead the "daisies"
especially since my passenger is my 10 yr old
granddaughter."

Take a pill and bring some brownies. You will enjoy all of the people in the Miata group that have signed up so far.

alan

Alan, I've decided to take my gorgeous '07 Laguna blue Honda S2000 for it's first road trip. I'll be driving to Colorado so you will have to make brownies yourself.

Back