• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mt. Charleston BBQ

afterburners said:
P.S. Vega$NSX were you at the track the 23rd for midnight mayhem? I saw a black nsx roll out when I was leaving to.

Nope, not me. But by my last count there's at least 5 black NSX's in the area. Probably twice as many that I don't even know about. Seems to be popular out here. Hope you can make it out with us! :smile:

You can count CerberusM5 out for good, not that Sandy was much of an enthusiastic NSX owner or showed up much. But it's official, he just sold off his ride.

Nothing planned at this time. Do drop us a line first week of August and we'll see if anything may materialize. Have a pleasant and safe drive. Make sure to bring desert cloths. It is roasting here in Vegas.

Regards
Paul

nsx-tech said:
is there anything going on between the 7 to 12 of august? I'll be in vegas then.

Last Call............... :smile:

Three confirms and two possibles aren't good enough for us Vegans. We need more supporters and I know we have many more NSX owners in town. Regardless, we will set some agendas for this group's. Hopefully we can move forward to plan on more regular gatherings. Prepare to bring some attractive and fun ideas to help grow this group. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Time: 6:30pm meet / 7:00pm dinner
Place: Sammy's 6500 W Sahara Ave (Major cross street Rainbow)

1. Esprit1 (Paul - Was Wings West Black NSX) ----- 1 ppl
2. nik3sgte (Nik) ----- 2 ppl
3. Vega$ NSX - Bry now with HIDs!!! :biggrin: ----- 1 ppl
4. SINCITY_NSX (Will Try) ----- 1 ppl

Total: 4 ppl confirm and possible 5. (5:15pm)

Last edited:
<s>I should be there as well, going to try to drag the GF along. Hopefully the weather cooperates!</s>

Scratch that, looks like I won't be able to make it :frown: Maybe next time.

Last edited:
Weather held up nicely and actually not too hot by Vegas standard. We welcome two new NSX's to our group for their first meet; Nik & lovely girl friend Sandra, and Lens. For those who missed our gathering, please see following snap shots. Bryan has a better camera and took more pictures. Please kindly share them with us if you can. We again had a great time as usual.

Best Regards
Paul

Four cars arrived punctually (Lens, Nik/Sandra, Bryan, and myself)
4645s_Meet_1.jpg

Lens and his rare Brooklands Green NSX. Beautifully maintained and tracked twice a year. This rare color is one of only three residing in Vegas. Lens was having problems registering on NSX Prime........Please keep trying.......
4645s_Meet_2.jpg

Nik/Sandra's spotless Formular Red. It could almost pass as new. Sandra is soo cool. She can actually out car-talk some of us. Nik you luck dude............ :smile:
4645s_Meet_3.jpg

Brian's HID conversion and Led corners makes a perfect match. Unfortunately it's a bit bright out to really tell in this photo. Hey........Nice lips....... Great for picking up ants....... :biggrin:
4645s_Meet_4.jpg

Sorry, I shamelessly drove the Esprit to a NSX meet. My NSX is still in the shop for complete makeover. Bryan pop his hood to show-off his ultra clean work.
4645s_Meet_5.jpg

Still fleeing from Vegas Metro, Jason & Bill came flying down at warp speed to join us directly from work. Thanks guys for the support. Jason's bling bling HRE is still the best. I caught Bill trying to swarp key's to Nik's Formula Red. Sorry Bill.......Like we can't tell Nik has the perfect red car......... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
4645s_Meet_6.jpg

Metro reported sighting two unidentified land hugging projectiles leaving Sammy's at 2230hrs. One Black heading west towards Redrock and one Red heading east towards LV Strip. Hot pursue proved impossible as the two objects seem capable of warp drive.............

Last edited:
Paul you’re a crackup... Them are some cool pictures and thanks for the ride in the Esprit boy am I glad I got the NSX. The car seamed a little jerky or maybe it was the "DRIVER" :wink: Thanks for the snack and the drinks. Let's try to start a monthly meet I know if we did it on Sundays Jason and I will be able to show up 99.9% of the time. "REDREDRED" :wink:

Hello Guys,

It was great to meet all of you. Sandra and I had a great time. Love those rims Jason :smile: Paul thanks for the ride in the Esprit and on top of that letting Sandra and I go for a drive. Thank you also for the kind words about my car. Long live the power of the clay bar, right Bryan!!:

ch07240.gif

Here's a good picture that turned out for comparing the HID's to stock. The difference is big :eek: Check out the corners too. Those LED lights worked out great.

DSC01780.jpg

We cant wait for the next meet. Hopefully we can get more NSX's to come next time. We should also contiune to plan for the big drive to NSXPO in Phoenix. Here's a quick last shot I took of our cars before we left. Great time everyone and see you all next time.

Nik

DSC01801crop.jpg

Well.........Was born that way........Can't help it........ :biggrin:

I'm glad you got the NSX also. It pains me too much watching you squeeze yourself in and out of my car. Next time, I'll bring a can openner.........

The jerky part is the "DRIVER". Told you guys I never drive fast....... And a small part has to do with the somewhat ON/OFF nature of the clutch. The car really has zero driveline lash and a higher HP. With the race chip, one can hardly detect any lag. Next week, the Hyper-Flow cats will go in. Also ordering some lightenning fast waste-gate.......Stay tuned.....

Anyhow, next meet as per our discussion will be Mt. Charleston on Sunday, August 28th. I'll firm up the location and post it here soon.

Best Regards
Paul

SINCITY_NSX said:
Paul you’re a crackup... Them are some cool pictures and thanks for the ride in the Esprit boy am I glad I got the NSX. The car seamed a little jerky or maybe it was the "DRIVER" :wink: Thanks for the snack and the drinks. Let's try to start a monthly meet I know if we did it on Sundays Jason and I will be able to show up 99.9% of the time. "REDREDRED" :wink:

That sucks! I missed the meet. I have HID in the 91's as well and wanted to compare. I Just Chipped it with the DaliRacing chip and its "MEAN" best I can describe :) Is anyone going to the track friday night? I'm going to try to beat my [email protected] time! I should since its cooler and I finally got the car down some.

Good times all. What a great turnout this time. :smile: It was good seeing some new faces for a change. Paul, thanks again for dinner and for being such a cool cat. The ride in the Espirt was awesome and now I can cross one exotic off my list of cars I’ve always wanted to ride in or drive. Jason yet again our insanely fun ride back home was full of yet more adventure. What is it about us after get-togethers going down Sahara??? :biggrin: :confused: For those of you who missed it, coming out of Sammy’s parking lot there was a puddle of water before the turn. To beat on coming traffic and to catch up to Jason who took off like a bat out of hell, I gunned it a bit too hard on my wet tires turning right onto Sahara. What ensued next was a crazy combination of fish tailing and getting sideways. Think rally car style of slippage and drifting. I could only imagine that all Jason saw behind him was a pair HID’s flailing all over the road like pair of flashlights being tossed down a flight of stairs. When I finally pulled up to him, he was laughing hysterically at me. THEN, a few blocks down a silver corvette starts to tail us. Jason and I look at each other with “uh-oh, this guy wants to race us” look. He follows us for quite a while until finally we all pull up next to a light (Jason on the left, me in the middle, Corvette on the right). Turns out he was a pretty cool guy with his wife and just wanted to check out our cars a little more.
12272Sammy_Meet_038-med.jpg

He gave me the “nice Ferrari’s” comment and was shocked when I told them they were Acura’s. We chatted at a light and I took a picture of them as they took a picture of me. When the light turned green we all hit it. I don’t know who was really gunning it or not, but I’m pretty sure I took both Jason and the Corvette quite handily. :biggrin: I don’t recall ever racing a Corvette before but I was surprised at how I was able to pull on it. We hit a light and (rinse, wash and) repeated out off the line antics. Same results, I think the headers, intake and exhaust (as well as lack of spare tire, tools, jack etc) give me the slight edge on Jason. The Corvette was bringing up the rear.

Here are the pics from the event. Sorry they are such crappy quality but my camera is woeful at night shots (much better daytime camera). Until next time….

12272Sammy_Meet_023-med.jpg

12272Sammy_Meet_022-med.jpg

12272Sammy_Meet_030-med.jpg

12272Sammy_Meet_016-med.jpg

12272Sammy_Meet_011-med.jpg

12272Sammy_Meet_006-med.jpg

12272Sammy_Meet_003-med.jpg

12272Sammy_Meet_002-med.jpg

Last edited:
Back