• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mt. Charleston BBQ

I was up in MT. Charleston the past weekend and I saw a few car clubs hanging out in the pick nick area having a BBQ. So I started to do a little brainstorming :eek: and I came up with the NSX BBQ idea. :biggrin: Would any of you guys be entrusted? I talked to Brian and Paul about this last night at Cheesecake Factory and they were in. Why don’t we make it a family BBQ, NSX meet this way it might be easier for some of you guys to make it. I was thinking about the middle of July 16 or 17 around Noon or so? This will give us around a month to get the time off or what ever you have to do to be able to show up.

The damn Miata club in Charleston this weekend was killing us they have over "10 Car's" :mad:..........................

Glad you are taking the lead on this one. :smile:

That weekend might work, but I have a friend (RX-7 owner) in town that week. He might be up for nice drive and checking out other NSX's but he might not. If he rather do something else, then unfortunately I'll be out. I can't say for the other weekends yet, too early to tell, but if we can work out a date early enough, I think I can bend my schedule to fit.

So much for assembling the boys. Looks like everyone just bailed out this time. Nice try in trying to set up something nice. I was still game! I don't know what it is, but it's like trying to heard cats, these Summerlin NSX'ers! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hay Guys,

Funny I never saw this thread until now... :confused: Lets push this back another two weeks and see if anyone is interested. Say.....Sunday July 31st?

Sundays are always a good family day. But lets not BBQ our NSX...... :tongue:

Regards
Paul

PS: Should we also PM our group individually?

My GF and I are up for a afternoon to dinner meet on the 31st. Sounds like Cheesecake Factory is a favorite for you guys which is something we could do.

Nik

Hi Nik,

Didn't I meet you at AutoZone a few weeks ago? Anyway, welcome.

Regards
Paul

nik3sgte said:
My GF and I are up for a afternoon to dinner meet on the 31st. Sounds like Cheesecake Factory is a favorite for you guys which is something we could do.

Nik

July 31st is so-so for me. I've got a lot going on then and I'm not 100% sure if I can make it, though I will be in town. Part of the problem has been nobody has really taken a hard lead on organizing this thing. I know the Startbucks/Hooter/Cheesecake meet took a lot of constant posting, revising and really getting people to commit. If someone wants to really take the lead on this I think it will go somewhere. I would but I've been so busy lately. Any takers?? :biggrin:

Esprit1 said:
Hi Nik,

Didn't I meet you at AutoZone a few weeks ago? Anyway, welcome.

Regards
Paul
Hello Paul,

Was not me but thanks for the welcome. I cant make it for the BBQ but if you do a dinner I can do that.

Thanks

Nik

I'd like to meet ya all. I just bought my NSX from Danny if anyone knows him.. He also has a 1000hp twin turbo nsx being built in Cali at JG. I'm on call at work and have to arrange a sitter if I'm off. Cheesecake factory is a regular for me and my wife. So how many member in vegas are there?

ItsBettrThatWay: --> I also own a prelude t3/04 H22 4 wheel steering conversion. heres a pic.. Part of www.Preludepower.com for many years. Also a G35driver.com member for my wifes G35 b/b sedan.

fb0da321.jpg

No pics of the NSX yet. My NSX is B/B hks Exhaust, comptech headers, Uni filter, nitto 555r drag radials 275/35/18s on the rear, eibach lowered with HID conversion.

Last edited:
I'm still up for a dinner. Even if it's a few of us. My GF and I would like to meet up with some of the areas NSX owners.

Who else is in???

Nik

afterburners said:
ItsBettrThatWay: --> I also own a prelude t3/04 H22 4 wheel steering conversion. heres a pic.. Part of www.Preludepower.com for many years. Also a G35driver.com member for my wifes G35 b/b sedan.

fb0da321.jpg

Excellent, has to be a fun car! I was never on preludepower, only preludeonline, pretty dead over there now days.

Saw a brooklands green sitting in a parking lot on Sahara and Ft. Apache yesterday, first time seeing one in vegas. What a great color on an NSX! Very similar to my Eucalyptus. :smile:

Last edited:
Instead of Mt. Charleston, which seems to be a daunting proposition at this point, why not settle for a Cheesecake/Hooters meet? Or what if we did something different and did a "Strip" thing (club or blvd, your pick) :biggrin: . 5-6 NSX's cruising down the strip would look pretty mean, although there isn't much cruising going on these days with all the freaking traffic. Then again, with the flakey tendencies of the Summerlin NSX'ers we should probably keep it simple and stick the the 'cake factory.

Okay guys, we did Cheese Cake Factory last time. Please see the following:

Date: Sunday July 31st
Time: 6:30pm meet / 7:00pm dinner
Place: Sammy's 6500 W Sahara Ave (Major cross street Rainbow)

I'll be there early to reserve a table. And if I'm lucky and not get killed, I'll park sidways to reserve as many parking space as possible. I'll also e-mail everyone on this thread. Please sign-on here so I'll know how many space to hog....... :cool:

1. Esprit1 (Paul - Was Wings West Black NSX)
2. nik3sgte (Nik)

Best Regards
Paul

Last edited:
Ok.......done....... :redface:

Took me a better part of an hour to mail everyone on this and Summerlin thread. Members contacted are as follows:

SINCITY_NSX
Vega$_NSX
ItsBettrThatWay
nik3sgte
afterburners
vegasnsx
CerberusM5
special_k
NSXinVegas
lowellhigh79
91_X

Did I missed anyone? :tongue:

Regards
Paul

Everything looks good to me. Just the other side of town for us ;) By the way my GF Sandra saw a blue NSX with a personalized plate on the way to work today on Maryland Parkway. Any of you guys??? Now that I think of it I saw a yellow NSX in my neighborhood (Tripoly at Stepahnie) a while back, also anyone here???

Nik

Date: Sunday July 31st
Time: 6:30pm meet / 7:00pm dinner
Place: Sammy's 6500 W Sahara Ave (Major cross street Rainbow)

I'll be there early to reserve a table. And if I'm lucky and not get killed, I'll park sidways to reserve as many parking space as possible. I'll also e-mail everyone on this thread. Please sign-on here so I'll know how many space to hog....... :cool:

1. Esprit1 (Paul - Was Wings West Black NSX)
2. nik3sgte (Nik)
3. Vega$ NSX - Bry now with HIDs!!! :biggrin:

I will find out sunday by 1pm if I will make it or not.. On call for work. I will leave an update post on the hour for a yeah or neay. If not Take some pics. I've also got something for everyones NSX. It will be a surprise!

P.S. Vega$NSX were you at the track the 23rd for midnight mayhem? I saw a black nsx roll out when I was leaving to.

Back