• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Multiple threads for the same topic

Maybe I'm the only one who is bothered by this: At this moment we have at least 4 relatively new threads in different sections about the scandal US F1 GP. Some of them started with unique issues but all turned out to be about the same now (obviously).

Now it's somehow hard to keep up with the high number of (although interesting) posts in all these threads, some have nearly the same content, sometimes you find an answer to a thread 1-question in thread 3 and vice versa. Very confusing and this is not the only topic that had some "spin-off"-threads.

Is there a possibility for the site owner to bundle these threads into one?

Thread Linker Moderator?

hmmm... NSX-Racer, would you like to volunteer your time to be a "thread linker"? Or perhaps someone else could. I do think this is a fabulous idea! This is of-course contingent on NSX Prime Administration's approval.

This will of-course save many newbies and aloof users the wrath of the Forums Nazi or persecution by others. Also, it will keep the peace as there won't be small quarrels that precipitate from such.

Just food-for-thought! :cool:

Another idea

Without placing any blame on the folks who started the threads, I do agree with NSX-Racer.
Osiris_x11 said:
hmmm... NSX-Racer, would you like to volunteer your time to be a "thread linker"? Or perhaps someone else could. I do think this is a fabulous idea! This is of-course contingent on NSX Prime Administration's approval.
If such a position could not be delegated (either for techinical limitations of the software, administrative concerns, or some other reason), perhaps another option would be to leverage the existing "report bad post" feature (the "
report.gif
" icon) to bring duplicate topics to the attention of the administrator. The person reporting the duplication could reference the thread # of the other threads. The administrator could then decide to merge the threads or leave them as they are. It is more work for the administrator, though.

Just an idea.

Back