• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mustang flip WSIR turn 9

This the one Will was talking about? Have you seen any footage of it happening? Was the guy ok?

They said he was ok. 2 story's of what happened from what I heard.
1. To fast into 9 get the backend sideways and off into the dirt sideways then roll.
2. Tire came off at 9 lost control.

You could see the front suspension was broken off the car. All this happened in the warm up lap.

Yeah this is the same accident, He came out of turn 9 touched the outside left (pit wall side) and looped around came back across track backwards and into the infield where he hit a 3ft berm that launched him. i only saw the wheel fly off after he had rolled a couple times and it was tossed maybe 60ft into the air with all the suspension arms still attached. Ive been looking for footage, best ive found was some still that were snapped right after it happened. car landed to rest on the pasenger door side and he climbed out of the driverside window and jumped down. he was covered in dust and visibly shaking but was walking around and talking for the rest of the day. weird part is the car landed so far in the infield they just left it there until the end of the day. if you watch the video I posted from the day you can see it out there in the field just laying there as a reminder. looked like something out of mad max.

go to the bottom of this page: http://www.caliphotography.com/photos/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=21822#page=1

Back