• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My 2.0 NSX review. part 2

Alright... so lately i've been getting more opinions on this car from actual owners. A big review was posted by a long time nsx owner on the forums and it was a super positive one. He's owned almost all supercars and still has a lambo/mclaren in his stable plus the new nsx. He said you have to drive the new NSX for what it was made for.. "the everyday supercar".

Even though i kept reading that quote i never really acknowledged what that really meant until today. I drove my GT3RS over there and i honestly had to prepare my body for the drive.. the road condition, traffic etc. It's not all glamour driving that car around town and it was never really meant for it either.

After pulling up to the dealership i found myself constantly gazing at the NSX sitting outside. I really think the NSX always looks much better in person then pictures. We started out test drive going through city/traffic/local roads and man.. what a night/day difference it was compared to my car. I was hitting small bumps/big bumps/small pot holes and my butt hole wouldn't even flinch. The visibility was amazing and the seating position was spot on. The interior is definitely lacking for 150-200k car BUT sometimes simplicity is better. This was my 2nd time in the new nsx.. last time i got a ride in it and couldn't look around as much. This time i really took my time really imagining this car as mine and how simple things were really made it better.

After the local routes we went on some twisties and WOW! way better then i was expecting. It was more then enough for me and for majority of the people out there. The linear power is awesome and they did a great job with elec/twin turbos. There was no brick wall on those turbos as they pull all the way to redline. Even though the torque figures aren't the highest.. the way the car pulls with the elec motors is pretty intoxicating. I pretty much wanted to gun it every light plus it didn't sound obnoxious.

Remember guys this is the everyday supercar.. so the test drive has to be in all scenarios and i'm very very glad i took that advice. In all honesty the word supercar makes people expect god like power/ god like handling etc etc but auto journalist never really rant about how bad a lambo is to drive around town. I see the huge pros of this car and the huge cons would be for people expecting this car to be the fastest/craziest/most exotic looking supercar.. which it wasn't meant for. The power was way more then enough, the handling was more then enough, the looks are on point. I'd say in my honest opinion this car would have sold massively if it was priced at 150-175 loaded.

After getting out of the test drive and getting back in my RS. I truly wanted to be back in the new NSX and on my way home. It checked a lot of boxes for my own criteria in a car but it may not for others.

Hope that answers some questions but if you guys have any. feel free to ask away and i'll reply the best i can. Its hard to cover a lot but im 100% sure i got the full NSX experience besides going to the track with it (which im sure is a blast)

sorry for the grammar errors.. wrote this on FB post and was more in a rush

Thanks for this honest review

Glad you enjoyed the car

It should be a lot of fun with the up and down geography you have in CO. Chicagoland is completely flat.

I thought the same about a lot of the comments listed above from my drive and I agree on most of them. However, I thought the suspension was rather rough on pot filled roads compared to an R8. Respectfully my KW's on the gen 1 handled road imperfections better I thought.

But I totally agree that this car lacks for it's pricetag and interior aesthetics. But I did actually love the seats and the exhaust sound. Loud exhausts get annoying extremely quick. I think it needs more power though. The chassis feels rock solid though.

But, the quiet mode I thought was retarded. All you could here is boom boom, thud, clank, etc. I didn't think it was quiet at all. Maybe outside. I really hope they tweak this car some. If I were to purchase this car, I would not want mods or wrap jobs. So maybe more flavors from the oem side will help. Paint being number 1... They already have the spray booths. Easy fix and most rewarding sales wise in my opinion.

Thanks for this honest review

Glad you enjoyed the car

It should be a lot of fun with the up and down geography you have in CO. Chicagoland is completely flat.

a lot of others on FB have asked me random questions and honestly i could go on and on about certain facts of the car i love.

I thought the same about a lot of the comments listed above from my drive and I agree on most of them. However, I thought the suspension was rather rough on pot filled roads compared to an R8. Respectfully my KW's on the gen 1 handled road imperfections better I thought.

But I totally agree that this car lacks for it's pricetag and interior aesthetics. But I did actually love the seats and the exhaust sound. Loud exhausts get annoying extremely quick. I think it needs more power though. The chassis feels rock solid though.

But, the quiet mode I thought was retarded. All you could here is boom boom, thud, clank, etc. I didn't think it was quiet at all. Maybe outside. I really hope they tweak this car some. If I were to purchase this car, I would not want mods or wrap jobs. So maybe more flavors from the oem side will help. Paint being number 1... They already have the spray booths. Easy fix and most rewarding sales wise in my opinion.

i guess im comparing the suspension to the supercar standards of today but i agree my gen 1 with kws are like driving on clouds. I think the fabspeed bypass with High flow cats should to the trick should be subtle enough but enough gains. I agree on the the EV mode but i think its really just to show that it has "batteries" nothing more. I wish they would do PTS (paint to sample) like porsche does.. you would feel really unique and 1of1 feeling.

I really like this review because it puts the car in context. The car has definitely grown on me, and I'll probably have one as it depreciates further. However, I think we give the car the benefit of the doubt and "want" to like the car because we are NSX enthusiasts.

As it stands for me, today, I'd take an UV GT3 RS over the new NSX... but that's just me...

I really like this review because it puts the car in context. The car has definitely grown on me, and I'll probably have one as it depreciates further. However, I think we give the car the benefit of the doubt and "want" to like the car because we are NSX enthusiasts.

As it stands for me, today, I'd take an UV GT3 RS over the new NSX... but that's just me...

:) are u trying to say... keep what i have? haha jk

The interior is definitely lacking for 150-200k car BUT sometimes simplicity is better.

Your statement implies that the interior design is not exotic and quirky enough for the price since "simplicity" has nothing to do with quality. If that's what you meant then I sorta agree. I believe many customers in this price range expect to see something more unique and unusual looking.

I really don't believe that brands like Porsche or Ferrari provide better interior quality. Older Ferrari and Porsche interiors that have not been refurbished nearly always look worse than an older NSX interior. All that "high quality" European switch gear frequently turns gummy or even has the finish chip off! It's obvious that if European brands have to choose between how it looks and feels vs longevity, they they tend to choose the superficial. Makes sense since initial look and feel is a big portion of the luxury experience.

Here is an example of Porsche 911 Turbo that's not even that old. At 4:22 you can see the finish on the controls is already chipping and falling off! Pathetic.

Your statement implies that the interior design is not exotic and quirky enough for the price since "simplicity" has nothing to do with quality. If that's what you meant then I sorta agree. I believe many customers in this price range expect to see something more unique and unusual looking.

I really don't believe that brands like Porsche or Ferrari provide better interior quality. Older Ferrari and Porsche interiors that have not been refurbished nearly always look worse than an older NSX interior. All that "high quality" European switch gear frequently turns gummy or even has the finish chip off! It's obvious that if European brands have to choose between how it looks and feels vs longevity, they they tend to choose the superficial. Makes sense since initial look and feel is a big portion of the luxury experience.

Here is an example of Porsche 911 Turbo that's not even that old. At 4:22 you can see the finish on the controls is already chipping and falling off! Pathetic.

My gt3rs interior feels very exotic and special, like a nice tailored suit. The nsx interior feels very mass produced/cheap and both are in the same price range. I'm implying that possibly acura wanted the simplicity layout for more a specific driving experience . The video you linked is obviously a 997 that has not been taken care of. All of my older Porsche's never looked like that.

yes, street car that you can take to the track (nsx) vs track car that you can drive on the street (gt3rs).

the honda civic infotainment screen isn't doing the nsx any favors. the interior needs CF instead of the silver plastic trim and the alcantara surrounding the shift buttons. the steering wheel feels great, but should have different buttons and dials than the rest of the acura lineup.

One of the most comfortable interiors in any car I've owned.

2005 GP White w/White/Black interior & Zanardi mats. One of 2 (manual trans) in this config. for 2005

DSCN2926.jpg

Last edited:
yes, street car that you can take to the track (nsx) vs track car that you can drive on the street (gt3rs).

the honda civic infotainment screen isn't doing the nsx any favors. the interior needs CF instead of the silver plastic trim and the alcantara surrounding the shift buttons. the steering wheel feels great, but should have different buttons and dials than the rest of the acura lineup.

We have all of those pieces you mentioned in both carbon or Alcantara if you wish :)

The new NSX interior may not have the most exotic materials but sometimes form over function works too. Interior cabin design is kind of like picking out custom wheels for the car. What looks great to one may look bad to another. Also keep in mind the mfr. has to design a car that fits the 90 percentile of people and as we know, people come in all shapes and sizes.

We love the interior in our 2004 GPW NSX and as stated by others it's a great interior that fits very well. It's not the most high tech but it has stood the test of time over other "exotic" cars that has aged not as gracefully.

There's a reason they do that other than the obvious thing of saving money on production costs.

By keeping the controls and so on the same or very similar to other carlines in the brand, it makes things familiar to people who own other vehicles in the brand. One could very easily go from a MDX during the week to the NSX on the weekend since they're so similar.

That said, it'd have been nice to see the rest of the Acura line ditch the garbage ODMD audio/nav setup and just use the DA audio/nav setup that's in the NSX and Honda's lineup.

I'm gonna go with a real cup holder. I don't think you need to waste 12 inches of interior space to fit a digital shifter and parking brake, that can easily be a quarter of the size. At least one real cupholder in an "everyday supercar" without jabbing into your passenger's leg.

Back