• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My beloved NSX to BaT this week.

NSX Prime has been my NSX family since 2005 when I bought my car. This community helped me learn and understand how to care for this amazing automobile. Your adivce and expertise informed every service, new tire selection and everything ever done to the car. This community supported me when my NSX was stolen and virtually "held my hand," during the four days until it was recovered. Unharmed.

I've written my entire history of me and this car here: https://stevelarsen.net/cars/acura-nsx/

I'm not going anywhere, but the car will be.

I'll attach some photos taken last week in preparation for the sale.

Your friend,

Steve Larsen - Phoenix, AZ

Attachments

• _SUP5207 Finished.jpg
    _SUP5207 Finished.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 28
  • _SUP5217 finished.jpg
    _SUP5217 finished.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 21
  • _SUP5223 finished.jpg
    _SUP5223 finished.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 22
  • _SUP5212 finished.jpg
    _SUP5212 finished.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_3516 finished.jpg
    DSC_3516 finished.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC_3386 finished.jpg
    DSC_3386 finished.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 32
This is a beautiful car. Thanks for sharing your adventure on your website. I hope your car is sold for what it's worth on BAT. I know I'll be watching it.

That was a great read, and an awesome journey through your car history. Hopefully it will go to someone as invested in the car as you were.

I totally forgot about your car's theft Steve. After reading your blog and seeing that the first "post theft" comment from Prime was from me, it brought back a ton of memories. Wishing you great success in your auction and hopefully you'll soon realize that you can't live without one, sell that McLaren and get back in an NSX! (It's not too late to pull the NSX from BaT and post the MP4-12c instead!) ;)

I totally forgot about your car's theft Steve. After reading your blog and seeing that the first "post theft" comment from Prime was from me, it brought back a ton of memories. Wishing you great success in your auction and hopefully you'll soon realize that you can't live without one, sell that McLaren and get back in an NSX! (It's not too late to pull the NSX from BaT and post the MP4-12c instead!) ;)
Hugh,
Thanks so much. The community on NSX Prime, and you in particular, was so supportive during those 4 horrible days when I had no idea where the car was and what had happened to it. You all gave me such great suggestions. And then, when it was recovered with no issues, other than sitting outside for 3 days, you all celebrated with me. I'll never forget that!

Well, it just went live.

Hugh and all other NSX Prime friends, I'm all ears when it comes to selling a car on Bring A Trailer. This is my first time. If you have any advice, I'd love to hear it. Let me know here or email me. Thank you all so much!

The keys to success are:
1) A lot of high quality photos/videos showing as many details of the car as possible. That box looks checked to me.

2) Engage with the BaT community. By that, I mean promptly answer questions, post requested photos and videos as soon as possible. I also strongly recommend an introductory post to let potentials bidders you're keeping tabs on the auction at all times and invite them to send you a direct message by clicking the "Contact Seller" button on the top right hand side of the page under the listing details. For a great example of this, our very own "The Kid" is a prolific BaT seller with the username @The_Dude_Abides. Pull up any of his auctions to see a great template for your introductory post.

3) FULL DISCLOSURE I can't stress this enough. Going back to the Listing Details section at the top of the page you'll notice that clicking the VIN opens a new tab with Google search results. I would do a preemptive post that includes the links the Google will show taking people to the Prime Post and your own blog where you explain in great detail the full account of the theft episode. This goes a long long way to establish credibility and trust especially since this is your first sale on the platform.

4) Lastly, I'd send The Kid a PM here on Prime to see what he would add or subtract from my comments.

Best,
Hugh

P.S.
(I still think you should get rid of the MP4-12C and keep the NSX) LOL

P.P.S.
Unrelated to the auction, on your personal blog, on this page: https://stevelarsen.net/cars/ you refer to your first 1995 NSX as a '97. 1997 is also displayed when hovering the cursor of pics of the red car elsewhere on your blog.

The keys to success are:
1) A lot of high quality photos/videos showing as many details of the car as possible. That box looks checked to me.

2) Engage with the BaT community. By that, I mean promptly answer questions, post requested photos and videos as soon as possible. I also strongly recommend an introductory post to let potentials bidders you're keeping tabs on the auction at all times and invite them to send you a direct message by clicking the "Contact Seller" button on the top right hand side of the page under the listing details. For a great example of this, our very own "The Kid" is a prolific BaT seller with the username @The_Dude_Abides. Pull up any of his auctions to see a great template for your introductory post.

3) FULL DISCLOSURE I can't stress this enough. Going back to the Listing Details section at the top of the page you'll notice that clicking the VIN opens a new tab with Google search results. I would do a preemptive post that includes the links the Google will show taking people to the Prime Post and your own blog where you explain in great detail the full account of the theft episode. This goes a long long way to establish credibility and trust especially since this is your first sale on the platform.

4) Lastly, I'd send The Kid a PM here on Prime to see what he would add or subtract from my comments.

Best,
Hugh

P.S.
(I still think you should get rid of the MP4-12C and keep the NSX) LOL

P.P.S.
Unrelated to the auction, on your personal blog, on this page: https://stevelarsen.net/cars/ you refer to your first 1995 NSX as a '97. 1997 is also displayed when hovering the cursor of pics of the red car elsewhere on your blog.
This is a GREAT help. I will get on this first thing in the morning. This all makes total sense and I think I can do all of this. Thank you so much! And I fully understand about the NSX vs. 12C. The MCLAREN will go to, but right now it is at the lowest point in its value, where the NSX and appreciated a good deal. Not the only reason, but part of the thinking behind selling the NSX first. It was a tough choice.

One more thing, I’ve watched some NSX sales from the “dude abides” guy. He is so amazingly knowledgeable, it is sort of intimidating. If I can figure out how to private message here, I will try and find and reach out to him. Thank you for this tip.

I wrote two messages as I wasn’t sure I’d done it correctly. Hopefully he will get them. I’ve never used the conversation part of Prime. Didn’t even know it existed. Sheesh! What a dummy.

In comparison to the blue one that just went across the auction block on BaT, you're already leaps and bounds ahead of that seller in terms of communication and transparency. I have no doubt your beautiful NSX will find a great new home... I just wish it was mine. Good luck with the sale! I'll be watching intently over on BaT.

In comparison to the blue one that just went across the auction block on BaT, you're already leaps and bounds ahead of that seller in terms of communication and transparency. I have no doubt your beautiful NSX will find a great new home... I just wish it was mine. Good luck with the sale! I'll be watching intently over on BaT.
Thanks, sarara. Yeah, I watched the blue NSX, as well as the yellow one selling on 4/29. Something was "off" about the blue car although I don't have any idea what. It could just have been a communication problem, but I suspect there was something else there. It was interesting to see how quickly the BaT community members recognized and jumped on it.

That is the beauty of bat, chatting with the sellers....a prism that can discourage slim shady..

The blue car had too many red flags to justify whatever reserve the seller set.

I agree with the above---you're doing great engaging with the potential bidders. There's always potential bidders who don't engage with the Seller by asking questions, so thorough answers and responses will only help your car get the best price!

Back