• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My experience at Laguna Seca w/ a coach

Nice job. That's a great time.

Thanks ryneen! Still have a ways to go to approach yours but advice is much appreciated. I’m still relatively new (10 track days in 9 months, 2 days at Laguna Seca).

Since that day, I added JDM gears (still the 4.06 FD) with the OS Giken LSD. My next track day will be on 8/30 at Laguna Seca. Hoping to shave a second or two. There’s a lot of things to work on but main goals are to improve my T2 line and carry more speed in corners. I tend to overslow the car.

Thought I recognized the car, very nice Leo!

Thanks MexiRicer! Wow you recognized my car? I feel honored haha.

Looks good. You need to get that steering wheel closer to you. You're straight-armed and don't have much control or leverage to work the wheel. Ideally you want your elbows at a 90* angle when driving straight. Watch this:

Last edited:
Looks good. You need to get that steering wheel closer to you. You're straight-armed and don't have much control or leverage to work the wheel. Ideally you want your elbows at a 90* angle when driving straight. Watch this:

But, but, but I want to drive like a gangster.

J/K, good tip I’ll try it out next time!

Shakedown of the new setup.
New: JDM gears, OS Giken LSD, Stoptech slotted rotors, Carbotech pads
Old: USDM gears, stock diff, OEM rotors, Hawk HP+ pads

Missed apexes, early braking, not carrying enough speed around corners, etc.

It’s not shown here but there was a lot of traffic throughout the day so I wasn’t able to get into the groove as well. Things didn’t go my way but still PB’ed. I’m excited for the next round since I know there’s more potential to shave time. Harry’s Lap Timer indicates a VB of 1:44.7x (shaved 2 seconds from last time) so there’s my goal.

Lap:
https://youtu.be/NE7SZBh3TfE

Link to full sessions here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRbgE4wymLs&list=PLDYIYm9c-E_sXTsNckpgwcRj9VP40Qc67

Last edited:
Back