• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My first NSX is a baush /nos car

congrats on your buy? enjoy it?

Wings West makes a wide body kit????

It's kind of half a wide body. Looks pretty good. The front fenders are the wider 15mm I think? Marga Hills one, and the rear 1/4 panels are stock.

Not the best pic but here is a shot.

NSX1.jpg

i hope you keep the shiny side up this time.

p.s. it's basch, not baush

as a disclaimer, he does not represent many of us hawaii people =)

i would've rather bought a cleaner more virgin nsx from the mainland and built it from the ground up. if i bought the car, i would've sold the marga hills bumper, volk rims, direct port nitrous, tarox bbk, and the exhaust system.

but that's just me..

good luck laron

+ 1000

Am I the only guy that maybe unfairly feels a little odd talking to this guy? I mean he destroys exotic sports cars, seemingly without care..... and did I read that he steps up and gets better cars because his wife gets promotions? Dude, maybe you need to get into big 4x4 pickups or something you can bounce off walls without caring. I don't even know you... but a piece of me .... I don't know... I guess resents you because I take such good care of my stuff...and I at least think most of the guys on here are into taking special care of their NSX's. And you seem to trash a $70,000 viper, toss it out like a used paper plate, get another, trash it.... toss it out.. and pick up an NSX. Every wreck you've had hasn't been because you can't control your car. It's because you can't control YOURSELF. So of course the first NSX you pick up is already modded to the hilt... god forbid you learn to drive the car with what it came with before making it even faster. :rolleyes:
I'm sorry if I'm out of line here. I don't know anything about you personally... you could be the nicest guy in the whole world... have a beach front orphanage in your name in Hawaii that researches a cure for cancer in the basement.... and all I can do is cringe at the thought of you owning an NSX. I wish you'd pick something a little more readily available to total, like another Viper... than an all aluminum, hand built car that's not produced anymore. I hope with all the mods you bought it with, you still have the drivers air bag. Good luck.

Ouch....Look man...Me nor my wife is a high roller by any means...Im not gonna state my or her income but I will say this...Even 10K cash a month in hawaii is middle class for a family...In some states 10K a month will put you in the nisest neiborhoods...Not here..LOL

So Im not some high roller who was like...OK..wrecked another Viper..No biggie...
I was heart broken...Their are less than 5000 SRT10 gen3 ( 2003-2006 is a gen3) Viper verts in the world....And I totalled one...I was heart broken..My 03 SRT10 had 25 K miles and was in pristine shape and was fast enough to edge out a C6Z06 the night before she died....

Again I was heart broken for the loss of such a rare car and happy to be alive...My cars are never dirty and I cherish them dearly...And like Ive stated numerous times..Street racing is a thing of the past and now seems chilish to me...My old neibor just died last week doing it when he was racing an import and tried going around a curve at 120 mph..He and his passanger died...My mon and sister went to the funeral last weekend..I was unable to attend..

Alright, I don't post here too much, so my opinion probably doesn't carry much weight. This being the internet, I'm going to give it anyway.

When snakey first started posting, I had the same sort of thoughts that PhiAlpha44 did. "On no, the NSX just got more rare by one," and that sort of thing.

Street racing is stupid, we all know that. What the people who are bashing snakey don't seem to acknowledge is that he knows that too. Sure, it took him two vipers more than most of us to come to that conclusion, but if there's one thing I have learned in life, it's that bad things happen to everyone. Some of them are deserved, some are not, but what matters is whether or not you learn from them.

Maybe he deserved the destroyed cars and near death experiences. If he has honestly learned not to do it again, though, then I for one have a little more respect for him as a result.

That being said, if I see a post some months down the road about 'man, I wrapped the NSX around a telephone pole yesterday,' then we will all know the naysayers were right.

Nick

Ouch....Look man...Me nor my wife is a high roller by any means... Im not some high roller who was like...OK..wrecked another Viper..No biggie...

Really? Because that's how this sounds....

"But then my wife sold her small buisness and bought a differant buisness. Well my wifes income increased about 6 times what she was making wife the old buisness. Times were good and I decided I eighter wanted a Viper or an NSX...
I looked and looked but could only find one NSX and one Viper for sale on my hawaiian island at the time...A 99 rt10 Viper and a 1995 NSX...Now keep in mind that my C5 was a brand new 2004 and it was now 2006...

I went and checked out the 1995 NSX first. the first thing I saw was that the interior was pretty beat up. Also the black paint was pretty shabby. id give this car a 6.5 over all on a scale of 1-10...And then I drove it..Needless to say it handled great but the power compared to my 378 rwhp c5 was just unaceptable. But the seller had a 50 shot of Nos up his sleeve. But even when on the spray she was still a bit slower than my much newer much cleaner C5..

Up next I went and looked at the 99 Viper. The first thing I noticed was that it needed a paint job and the interior needed a lil tweaking..But oh what an engine. This bone stock 99 Viper was much faster than my C5. I bought the 99 RT10 viper and tweaked the interior my self and had it all repainted red a few months later. Overall after I was done it was a solid 8.5 car...Took her to the dyno and she hit 410/465 SAE bone stock...

But it wasnt ment to be..I put the car into a wall only a year later..Very sad..But it is what it is...

I then decided to try out a 2003 SRT10 Viper....What an amazing looking/Handling/interior having vehicle...A huge upgrade over the gen2 Vipers in every way...This one dynoed 465/493 with only KN filters and roller rockers when I first got her..Later a lil more with exhaust..This was a car I could keep for another 10 years...But it also wasnt ment to be. I put her into a wall after only 8 months of ownership.

So here I am car shopping again.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And I totalled one...I was heart broken..My 03 SRT10 had 25 K miles and was in pristine shape and was fast enough to edge out a C6Z06 the night before she died....

PLEASE take a moment here and re-read this over and over and over again. When you mention that you were SOOOOOOOO heart broken and then go RIGHT away and talk about how you beat some Vette the night before. This is simply the ranting of a rich, spoiled, 17 year old with Daddys money, or, in your case, Im just not sure what. But don't tell me you are heart broken!

Again I was heart broken for the loss of such a rare car and happy to be alive...My cars are never dirty and I cherish them dearly

Yeah, so dearly that you street race and wrecked 2-3 cars in a couple of years. I really feel for you!

Some of you guys need to lighten up a little. It's not like he stuffed three of his friends into an M5 and flew 200ft in the air and killed everyone in the car. He is just bragging that he wrecked two nice cars and has since seen the light. He also has two children that I'm sure he wants to see grow up, probablyone of the reasons why he has chosen to stop street racing.

Snakey, welcome aboard and enjoy your NSX. This website is full of valuable information and a majority of the NSX owners are great people.

-Cheers

Snakey- We all were young and had other priorities that lead us to make bad decisions at one point in life. Shit I still struggle to keep my self in line. But if you can be honest, like you have been and admit what you did so you can get better you will be more than fine. Don't let these folks put you down, what you did was in the past and you are allready have moved on and doing it right now. So no need to discuss the past with them any further. Half these folks can't drive either and the other half barely drive their cars. Don't waste your time explaining yourself. Enjoy your new ride, post some pics when you get a chance..

PS- Are you in Honolulu? Be nice to see a NSX at the ProBowl next year. I go every year let me know if you go to and drinks on me...

Please dont condemn me for saying this..Just an observation...

I am not a street racer....

I do drive aggressive and over the speed limit at times, like most do at times...80, 85 90 mph.....Especially while in a luxury car. You just cant tell you going that fast at times....

I have been to a couple of sites (forumns) 350zx, civic, mustang, and vette....

I have seen several posts that hi five each other for the kill and dont end up turning a thread into dont street race.... Again not condoning but just noticing--Each Site has different views about this.....I am sure most sport car owners have seen what their car can do....In fact you should, so you dont end up into a wall......(learn and respect the freeways and your car...)

P.S. Again i Am not saying street race, but darn why do I have to keep saying that for fear of being flamed on this site...gee
:confused:

I was in the car with my wife the other day....Some butthead kept blowing at me...My wife was like do you know him....

Off the Subject
I was like nope....Welcome to the NSX world....Every kid and some adults want to see what she got. The same peopel who say the NSX is over priced and slow. Then why do you want to race me....The crap gets annoying, so I have learned to just keep my windows up and music loud..... Then people think you are obnoxious.....15 years ago in my TRANS am...lol...When I was young..I just wanted to drive it fast and could careless about racing....

Just be safe and enjoy your new ride

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase.:smile: I am looking forward to seeing some pictures of your car.

And most of all....BE CAREFUL !!!:wink:

I WAS STREET RACING....Vipers have massive tourquee at any rpm..500 plus rwt SAE in both my Vipers cases...And 500 SAE imediate tourque

I hit it at 70 mph and the hole car shifted to the left and I was heading straight into a wall....Only a few cars can loose it like that at 70 mph..

I could punch my 378 rwhp C5 at 70 mph and have no fear of tire spin...This BBSC NSX I have can be punched at 50 mph and I have very little fear of even tire spin..She dosent really seem to start moving till 5500 rpm's or so..

The Vipers are totally differant animals and being a good driver has nonthing to do with thinking that 70 mph is fast enough to lay into it safely in third gear....

Seriously....What car can you loose it in at 70 mph in third gear as soon as you hit the throttle? Vipers are the tourquiest vehicles I personally know of...

John Force wouldnt be able to avoid hitting a wall when the hole car turns to the left at 70 mph....I wasnt driving through the twisties or any thing trying to be a race driver and lost it...

I was going perfectly straight with a 1/2 mile of straight road in front of me in a friendly battle against a C6Z06 and ACR Viper...3rd gear at 70 mph was deemed safe..I hit the throttle on the third beep and BAM..Hole car violently goes to the left and into the wall...

You need to be very careful making these statments on the internet because "street racing" is excluded under every personal auto policy I'm aware of. They can go back if "information" was falsified.

DSC_0087FINAL.jpg

Engine2Final.jpg

EngineFinal.jpg

neimanHIDs.jpg

i like the last pic at ala moana shopping center

hey..thanks for da pics..Thats my car.....Unfortunetly those pics arent showing how wide the car looks from the front with the fenders....Im getting the car raised 1 inch in a few days to make driving more enjoyable and will be ordering a 7 lb pully and AEM/headers later this year to see if I can hit 400 plus rwhp ( I think right now she's around 350 rwhp with the 5 pound pulley) Ill dyno next week to confirm

r u scrubbing with present drop?

how low is it dropped...In the Middle tail light i see some writing? what does that say?

I would say the light floaty feeling upon acceleration would be due to the fact that most of the weight just transferred rearward where 55% already sits at rest...

But what do I know? I drive a Datsun which has 7 feet of hood and an iron block inline 6 up front. My rear feels floaty...er...yeah :rolleyes:

r u scrubbing with present drop?

how low is it dropped...In the Middle tail light i see some writing? what does that say?

The front presently sits 4 inches off the ground and SCRAPES everything..I will raise it 1-1.5 inches shortly....

The rear tail light says Leaf racing as leaf racing built the car from what ive been told ( all stickers have been removed)

I would say the light floaty feeling upon acceleration would be due to the fact that most of the weight just transferred rearward where 55% already sits at rest...

But what do I know? I drive a Datsun which has 7 feet of hood and an iron block inline 6 up front. My rear feels floaty...er...yeah :rolleyes:

The floaty feeling has been traced to the ABS system. Basically I need a new one as the present one is grabbing just slightly to the right side..So when I release the gas at say 75 mph the car will slightly pull to the right ( were talking 6 inches hear) but it s's still a lil scary and I wont go faster than 65 mph till I get her fixed properly.....

With all that said....The car is simply gorgeous from every angle and a wide body NSX looks more like a supercar than many cars out their today..POINT BLANK....I got a bit of attention in my C5...And a bit more in the RT10....And a lot in the SRT10...But this wide body black NSX just has them doing the whole what kinda car is that stare and triple takes....A guy in a red C6Z06 was trying not to let me see him checking out my car yesterday..

Seriously..The car looks that good

Does the NSX ABS normally engage in throttle off conditions or is that a result of the fault with your car you state here? :confused:

I'd figure it would rear its head while braking, but the fact that it engages in throttle off would be a fault unto itself.

The owner bled the ABS brakes and then removed the fuses so that the car no longer has the ABS brakes. Unfortunetly when he removed the fuse the ABS system was just slightly gripping on the right side...

This can be fixed by bleeding the brakes again and then taking out the fuse for the ABS when I know the system is fully deactivated..

But Id rather just fix it and have ABS..

Some notes...

-Wow japanese cars are amazing...My 1991 NSX has a much better interior than my 99 Viper and 2004 C5 did...One of the reasons Ididntwant an older NSX and origionally only wanted an 2002 or newer was because I thought an old interior would suck...Boy was I wrong...The 1991 interior looks nearly idenitical to the 2005 interior minus a little better leather quality in the newer models..

I cleaned the interior/exterior for 3 hours today and I was very surprised in the extensive use of leather through out this 1991 car..Pretty much leather everywhere..As well their was a fair use of suede as well and that really blew my mind...

From what Im seeing all the interior really needs to look amazingly up to date is some wet Okole seat covers ( the drivers seat is pretty worn)and some new floor mats..Other than that the 1991 interior is amazing..Seriously..Compared to other 1991 interiors Ive seen on various other cars this thing must have had one of the best interiors for under 100K in the world in 1991...And still looks great today...I guess leather/suede never go out of style.

Driving the car has been insanely fun...With all my other cars I was always so concerned with how fast they could do the 1/4 mile ect. I never knew how much fun a car could be at only 40 mph...

My SRT10 was a great handler. Most reviews had the 03-06 SRT10 Vipers matching the C6Z06's on differant race tracks in lap times...But it relied on tons of grip and brute force to turn those times....The NSX is just confidence inspiering. I feel like a race car driver just taking turns when going to burger king...I switch lanes at 60 mph in a millisecond with one hand talking on my cell phone..It is an amazingly desighned car...I cant wait to do some SCCA with it

... I feel like a race car driver just taking turns when going to burger king...I switch lanes at 60 mph in a millisecond with one hand talking on my cell phone...

Please keep both hands on the steering wheel. :wink:

... It is an amazingly desighned car...I cant wait to do some SCCA with it

What kind of SCCA events? Your car probably needs some safety upgrades and you'll be competing against some very high powered fully built race cars. HPDEs on the otherhand are fun with the NSX.

The floaty feeling has been traced to the ABS system. Basically I need a new one as the present one is grabbing just slightly to the right side..So when I release the gas at say 75 mph the car will slightly pull to the right ( were talking 6 inches hear) but it s's still a lil scary and I wont go faster than 65 mph till I get her fixed properly.....

Whats it feel like at 100+ ??

Whats it feel like at 100+ ??

havent went past 80 or 90 mph so i dont know...Ill let you know how it feels at 100 plus after I get from the drag strip

Please keep both hands on the steering wheel. :wink:

What kind of SCCA events? Your car probably needs some safety upgrades and you'll be competing against some very high powered fully built race cars. HPDEs on the otherhand are fun with the NSX.

I did two seperate 1 mile courses with my C5 two years ago and one 25-35 second course with my 99 RT10 Viper..

the SCCA events here in hawaii fit in a parking lot and you seldomly get past 70 mph ( even in the Viper) so I think my NSX will be right at home.

Back