• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Friends X

Today I met up with my Dads friend James, he drives a red 94 X that is all stock. After showing him mine and taking him for a ride he wants to get some wheels and full exhaust. Does anyone have any suggestions about wheels? Hes looking for either 5 or 6 spoke, light, high quality wheels. 17/18 inch setup. He doesn't want them to vibrate since he spends most of his time driving 100 + mph. I have a few wheels in mind, like Racing Hart C5's or M5's. I'm not sure on the weight but I think they will look really good on his car.

He took me to a familar back road and drove 140 the whole 5 mile stretch. He said hes driven it on a few trips and the speedo never drops below 100, kinda ballsy if you ask me! HAHAHA I posted some pics of our meeting in the gallery section.

I personally like the SSR Integrals...
http://lusso.com/ssr.html

They're not too radical and they look to me like they belong on the car.

If I didn't use have the Solaris Silver 7 spoke wheels on my 1992, that's what I would choose.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for a 76-79 Honda Accord

And....I just noticed that there's a set for sale on NSX Prime Marketplace...

-Jim

May 16, 2001

SSR Integral wheels and Dunlop Sport 9000 tires. Front wheels ate 17x7, rears are 18x9. Front tires are 215/40-17, rears are 265/35-18. The have only been on the car for 40 miles. I am purchasing a friends HRE 3 piece wheels. $1200. Phone (316) 235-2283 e-mail [email protected] 

------------------

Those SSR's on the market place are sold. I am waiting for them to arrive anyday>
smile.gif

steveny,

Nice choice!

Jim

------------------

Originally posted by PUREVIL:
I know Volk are among the strongest, lightest wheels, but he didn't like those because they were to "plain" looking.

I agree, they are plain, but they are immediately recognized as a purpose built racing wheel. Also, depending on the color of your car they look best in white. However, all this depends on the look you are after. For a race look use Volk. For a pure beauty look, use Fiske.

Originally posted by dswartz:
I agree, they are plain, but they are immediately recognized as a purpose built racing wheel. Also, depending on the color of your car they look best in white. However, all this depends on the look you are after. For a race look use Volk. For a pure beauty look, use Fiske.

James is looking for a balance between beauty and light weight. Volks are awesome, but I already have wheels.
smile.gif
Does anyone know the weight of Racing Hart C5s or M5s? I think he'll like the M5s.

Originally posted by NSEX:
Get AVS Model 7, the best combo of both light weigh and beauty!
biggrin.gif
hmm yup.. that is what I want
smile.gif

Hmm does he have the Stock '94 wheels on his NSX? if so I am willing to trade (make offer) with my 17x8 18X10 SSR integrals with Yokohama AVS Sports 235/40/17 & 275/35/18

check my profile for some pics.. the front 2 rims have some minor scratches I will take some pics if you want.

------------------
'92 Sebring Silver NSX #181

[This message has been edited by HapaHaole (edited 30 May 2001).]

I met with James again today. He seemed interested in big brakes and a supercharger! But he's still getting wheels, and the whole works, just when is the question.

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 30 May 2001).]

Back