• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Movie Theater, Lobby, AV Room, and Game Room

Hi Doc,
Thanks for reminding me that I should have updated this thread.

We are 95% done. The only things we need to work on are hooking up the audio and video equipment, as well as purchasing some additional items.

I still need to purchase the pinball machines and arcade consoles, as well as the Berkline "money seats".

8d1f6fae.jpg

07e2f9b6.jpg

3fe2a3fd.jpg

b67bf03c.jpg

709737d7.jpg

abefefad.jpg

a09f6642.jpg

97c19f19.jpg

980a8220.jpg

b3918f18.jpg

3feace5c.jpg

DSC05595.jpg

DSC05593.jpg

DSC05622.jpg

DSC05621.jpg

DSC05645.jpg

DSC05636.jpg

DSC05692.jpg

Last edited:
Just amazing! Is that the Onkyo 906? I just got a 906 last week and it kicks ass!

Thanks Steve and Maximus.

Yes, it is an Onkyo TX-NR906. What an incredible receiver!

I still need to finish upholstering the velvet onto the seats and assembling them.

The previous pictures were taken a few months ago. I just took these about half an hour ago.

DSC05724.jpg

DSC05729.jpg

DSC05717.jpg

DSC05714.jpg

I am thinking about putting the house for sale soon. If you know of anyone interested, please let me know.

ff955153.jpg

25e5f4c8.jpg

3dc19333.jpg

0ac594cd.jpg

73b3b4dc.jpg

7b61bd89.jpg

58109742.jpg

DSC05701.jpg

DSC05705.jpg

8a37141b.jpg

acb5e901.jpg

06f070ea.jpg

599687b9.jpg

fea3098b.jpg

Backyard003.jpg

Last edited:
Yawwn I chuckled as I see many similar finishings and stuff in our homes like the vermont castings fireplace,the stone hearth/mantle system the double crown mouldings and the stained window frames,we even have the same baby corral:redface:

You know, if the MPAA had their way, you would not be able to build your own home theater like this... Lame isnt it?

Keep us updated as to the progress on your project! It looks great... :D

And damn dude that house is beyond sick! :eek:!!!! Doesn't look very lived in though haha jk :p

I dont think there is enough space either hmm ;)

Last edited:
Yawwn, Your house is awesome! So much detail in the design, both inside and out. And that Home Theater... Props man! Enjoy it all :cool:

Yawwn I chuckled as I see many similar finishings and stuff in our homes like the vermont castings fireplace,the stone hearth/mantle system the double crown mouldings and the stained window frames,we even have the same baby corral:redface:

Hi Doc,
I would like to see some pictures of your home as well, if you don't mind sharing. You can either post on this thread, or PM me a link of some pictures you've posted.

Thanks drtruong, makav3li, NetViper, TripleL, and ChongLee.

You are right, enkrypt3d, about the MPAA. There was a huge discussion going on about that on AVSForum.

My brothers are big on home theaters, but your setup just blows!
I'd imagine how lively it would feel to play Gran Turismo 5 there :biggrin:

Thanks Chong!
Aren't you the Korean fellow who lives in San Jose? We should meet up sometime.

Thanks Chong!
Aren't you the Korean fellow who lives in San Jose? We should meet up sometime.

Well, no. I am the Hmong fellow from the midwest, but meeting
new people is always an enlightening experience :cool:
I've only been in the bay area once, and it is beautiful there.

Yawwn this is our theater,just enough 13by 21ft.I like things simple :redface:

Attachments

• theater1.jpg
    theater1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 158
  • theater2.jpg
    theater2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 123
Hi Chong,
Sorry. My mistake. Many of my family members have the first name Chong as well, and there is a Korean fellow down here, so I thought you may have been him. If you are in the bay area, look me up.

Hi Doc,
Your theater looks nice. I'm sure it provides a great image and has a nice sound. Are those JBL speakers?

Hi quack,
If you are referring to the green container, it is my wife's Milo powder mix. However, if you are asking me if I prefer chunky or regular, I like chunky pb.

Yawwn,

One word for ya...

OUTSTANDING! :eek:

That's some dedication and creativity you got there. I can't imagine how that will be like when it's all said and done. By the way your "crib" looks like a house that would most definitely appear on MTV's Cribs Baller Edition, haha. Great job again and like a few others, I'm only 8 hours away if you're ever gonna have a party or something. Cause I bet you can hold about 100 people there comfortably. Keep up the good work and I can't wait for the finished product. :biggrin:

Yawwn... what can I say that others haven't already. Simply incredible!

I'm particularly impressed with what you've done with the fiber optics in the ceiling. Did you simply increase the density along the milky way path? All single color?

Last edited:
Back