• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new Downforce upgrades

Check out my new Downforce upgrades from Science of Speed.

Downforce Sports Rear Valence
Downforce NSX-R Style Rear Undertray Diffuser
Downforce Stacy Side Skirts

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_22081.JPG

IMG_2220.JPG

I REALLY like that valance panel. I gotta get me one.
I couldn't have that diffuser though. It would get ripped off to easily:frown:
What are your side skirts made of? ABS plastic, fiberglass, etc.?
Nice wheels.

I REALLY like that valance panel. I gotta get me one.
I couldn't have that diffuser though. It would get ripped off to easily:frown:
What are your side skirts made of? ABS plastic, fiberglass, etc.?
Nice wheels.

The diffuser looks really low but there's more clearance in the rear of the car than in the front. The side skirts are made from composite FRP and are designed to be finished and painted.

http://scienceofspeed.com/products/...oducts/NSX/Downforce/Stacy_Style_Side_Skirts/

Nice! I'd get the '02 door filler pieces too tho...

Wow those Downforce rear pieces really MAKE your car complete!

Would those fit on a 04+ bodystyle as well? Your overall car flows very nicely and the color scheme is hot! great job! :)

rick

The following is from the SOS website;

The Downforce Sports Rear Valence is especially attractive as it is sold for hundreds below the cost of the factory rear valence shown here. Compatible with all years and compatible with the new Downforce Sports Diffuser Plate as well as the Downforce NSX-R Style Diffuser.

Lov'n the license plate..

I once saw a license plate in Cali that went

LOL PWND

and it was on a Lancer Evo MR... Lol..

B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l-!

Guys that rear diffusor is a beautiful piece, but it is fairly large and fairly thick. It weighs between 13-14 pounds and it sits right on the tail of the car. I had one... it's well built and it looks very cool... but I would not get that one if you are concerned with weight. I would get the Downforce *SPORT* diffusor instead which is very light and still has slightly larger fins than the OEM R diffusor. I have this on my car and not only is it at least 10 pounds lighter but you also don't have to worry about losing fins if you are exiting a steep driveway. The quality on these is very good as has been for me on all Downforce parts.

I do not think it's that heavy, maybe 5 lbs, but I didn't meaure mine.

Still, I think it looks great, very aggresive!

Beware of driveways, I scrapped mine the first week. :frown:

Last edited:
I do not think it's that heavy, maybe 5 lbs, but I didn't meaure mine.

Still, I think it looks great, very aggresive!

Beware of driveways, I scrapped mine the first week. :frown:

Weigh it. Its definitely not 5 pounds. I put it on my scale. I am sure it was over 10. Mine was a prototype but I can't imagine its much lighter now if at all. Its still a great piece... Peters work is top notch. But this piece is not for the weight savers.

great looking car, any plans on adding the type R wing?

No plans for the type R wing. A few weeks ago when Science of Speed was installing the valance and diffuser, there was an NSX there with the GruppeM rear wing. I really liked how the GruppeM wing looked, but I have no plans yet to get one...

Back