• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new to me black/ivory 91..

OK..

I have had my car almost three weeks, and am just getting around to posting the pictures..

My first moments in Bluefield West Virginia were a little odd.. I found these things right off the bat:

kroger.jpg

bluefield_plaza.jpg

After a little leg work I met up with Jay Belcher, and we had a great transaction. He was amazing in helping with my rental car, shipping tires, and answering all my questions.. Thanks again!! Here are the first images of the car after I had taken "possession"

first_image.jpg

in_garage.jpg

in_garage_front.jpg

Fantastic!! Now for some more recent shots of the ride.. I took the car up to New Hampshire last weekend, and spent some time with my Mother and Father. They seemed to like the car as well :) Oh, and the weekend before last I passed 40,000 miles!

40000.jpg

vermont_bridge.jpg

ascutney_top_front.jpg

ascutney_top_side.jpg

Hope you like the shots..

Jeremy

Last edited:
Jeremy:

Great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful car. Those last 2 pictures look a lot like some I took a couple months ago on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia. Great backdrop!

bodypainter said:
Beautiful car. Those last 2 pictures look a lot like some I took a couple months ago on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia. Great backdrop!

Thanks guys..

The last two pictures were taken near the top of Ascutney Mountain in VT. There is an annual SCCA hillclimb there..

-Jer

Nice photos, Jeremy. You've got a very clean, nice looking '91 to pamper, now! I understand that new NSX pride of ownership- it's pretty recent for me, too, and also a Berliner Black, though a '96 T. It's been a dream a long time in the realization.

Congratulations on your new NSX!

~Jon

Congrats..If I'm cruising around in Boston and run across you, I'll know who you are. I'll be up here in RI until Nov. Any plans for any future mods?

40K right on the dot. Did he/she park it for good when it reached 40K?
Take out the front plates if not required.
Nice car. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome to da club...great shots BTW :biggrin:

OH, I'm not sure if you realized this yet, probably not for a few more miles, but you have just purchased the greatest car ever built.

CKS Papa said:
40K right on the dot. Did he/she park it for good when it reached 40K?
Take out the front plates if not required.
Nice car. Thanks for sharing.

Actually I bought the car when it had 38,500 or so.. I drove it back from West Virginia to Boston; about 800 miles. Not to mention I have been driving it quite a bit.. Trips to Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire... I snapped the shot of 40,000 as I was driving :)

The front plate is only required if the policeman is being picky. I ran my M3 without the front plate for about 2 years, but then got an "official" warning regarding it. In theory this isn't a point infraction for insurance, but I don't wan't to give the police any more reason to pull me over or ticket me. I would like to ditch the front plate though.

Brocz said:
Welcome to da club...great shots BTW

OH, I'm not sure if you realized this yet, probably not for a few more miles, but you have just purchased the greatest car ever built.
I still maintain that the E36 M3 is the best car every built. However, the M3 is just really cool/nice transportation. The NSX is a totally different experience. I love both of my cars, and if I had to have only one it would be the M3(for utilitarian reasons). However, the NSX gives a visceral feeling that can only be had from a true sports car..

-Jer

WOW!!! Beautiful Pictures!! :)
Beautiful car too!!
on a side note; this is just my opinion....I used to own an M3 (for about a year or so) and IMHO...the m3 doesn't hold a candle to the NSX.

jdc1687 said:
I still maintain that the E36 M3 is the best car every built. However, the M3 is just really cool/nice transportation. The NSX is a totally different experience. I love both of my cars, and if I had to have only one it would be the M3(for utilitarian reasons). However, the NSX gives a visceral feeling that can only be had from a true sports car..

-Jer
I used to feel the same way about my 95 Avus Blue M3. Until I got my NSX. Report back to us after you enjoy the NSX for awhile and see if you feel different about the M3. I believe once you get to know the NSX, you will agree the NSX is THE best car ever built! :biggrin:

EIFFEL said:
I used to feel the same way about my 95 Avus Blue M3. Until I got my NSX. Report back to us after you enjoy the NSX for awhile and see if you feel different about the M3. I believe once you get to know the NSX, you will agree the NSX is THE best car ever built! :biggrin:

I could not have said that better myself!!
Those were exactly my sentiments after I sold my M3..... :smile:

Re: Front plate. I used the Dali front license plate holder. It sucks the plate off the front bumper and tucks it down and inside. Hmm... actually your car seems to have it already...

Great pictures and nice color choice.

1TITENSX said:
Congrats..If I'm cruising around in Boston and run across you, I'll know who you are. I'll be up here in RI until Nov. Any plans for any future mods?

I second that. Here's some thoughts about just getting a 91 (mine back last October).

1. You may want to consider using Color Plus for your seats. I did mine last Spring and was pretty pleased with the results. There was a thread about this but I could not find it. Basically, its a reconditioning process for the leather seats - I have black seats and they came out great - I think it would be even better with ivory (don't know what condition your interior is in). Hint: have good light when you do the job. It cost about $150 for the parts (cheap labor).

2. Just did the R12 to R134 conversion and the A/C is ice cold! The compressor is also running smoother with new refrigerant with the new oil in it. I thought it was amazing that a car A/C could last over 14 years without a charge - it was still working, but in a limited capacity. I went to a Firestone Tire store, and it was $280, not bad. No wait for parts, and this particular store, I was familiar with, and do good work.

3. The car needs some better sway bars, IMHO. Maybe 14 year old shocks could also be replaced, but they don't seem bad.

4. There were some dash board squeeks - did some WD40 on some seams and the car is like new. Check FAQ about this.

BobMc said:
I second that. Here's some thoughts about just getting a 91 (mine back last October).

1. You may want to consider using Color Plus for your seats. I did mine last Spring and was pretty pleased with the results. There was a thread about this but I could not find it. Basically, its a reconditioning process for the leather seats - I have black seats and they came out great - I think it would be even better with ivory (don't know what condition your interior is in). Hint: have good light when you do the job. It cost about $150 for the parts (cheap labor).
My passenger seat is mint, but the bolster of the driver has seen better days. Not horrible, but I wouldn't mind doing something here.. Thanks for the advice..

2. Just did the R12 to R134 conversion and the A/C is ice cold! The compressor is also running smoother with new refrigerant with the new oil in it. I thought it was amazing that a car A/C could last over 14 years without a charge - it was still working, but in a limited capacity. I went to a Firestone Tire store, and it was $280, not bad. No wait for parts, and this particular store, I was familiar with, and do good work.
Amazingly the AC still blows cold, not ICE cold, but it isn't anything to sneeze at. I'm going to talk to Mechanic's Direct about this when it becomes an issue. They just did my timing belt and I couldn't be happier with their work and customer service.

3. The car needs some better sway bars, IMHO. Maybe 14 year old shocks could also be replaced, but they don't seem bad.
Well... The car certainly understeers when pushed hard, so that would imply a bigger rear sway bar to fix this. However, I'm going to keep it stock for the time being. I am probably just going to lubricate or maybe replace the bushing..

4. There were some dash board squeeks - did some WD40 on some seams and the car is like new. Check FAQ about this.
My dashboard sounds like a badly tuned musical instrument. Thanks for the advice; I'll check the FAQ out.

Back