• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My OEM stereo makes warning sounds and then shuts down what is wrong?

Hi

My OEM headunit sometimes (sometimes= all the time, sometimes not for a long time, but it will happen) makes a audible alarm which I suspect is a voltage warning sound or something and then shuts down. I can turn the HU on again and it works sometimes for only a short time and then the alarm again and sometimes for a longer time.

My setup is this

OEM Headunit

SOS harness factory head unit -to- aftermarket amplifier & speakers

Two amp's in the boot. One for the Seas Lotus Reference series front kit.
One amp for the 10" sub in a Zeetoolbox

The remote to turn on the amps I do believe is connected to the oem hu's antenna output.

Connected to the cd port I have a Grom iPod adapter which is then connected to a iPod. The problem I describe here are present if I use the cassette player too so the Grom is not to blame.

I start my NSX and goes for a ride. I turn on the oem unit which turns on the amp's and play either cassette or the iPod. Everything works just fine, but I get either after a while or after a short time a audible alarm which beeps for hmm 4 times or so and the sound is off. There is power to the HU. But there is no sound. I turn off the HU and turn it on again. And things works again. But usually not for long before it shuts down again.

What I have done is to test the stereo when the engine is not running. It seems as though I have no problem what so ever when the engine is not running.

My theory is that the alarm is a voltage alarm that the HU gets too much voltage only when the engine is running or something and then shuts down.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to fix this. I don't believe that there is anything wrong with the HU. Maybe the solution is to add a condensator to stabilize the voltage to the HU? I have a huge 1.5 Farad condensator that feeds the two amps in the trunk. (Mostly for show as I have read that it is not needed).

Please help. Yes I have the Tubi exhaust which makes a wonderfull sound. But my stereo is great too and I can't use it anymore.

My install thread is here http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/127691-Installment-has-begun?highlight=stereo

Best regards

Hi

Hm something tells me that noone has seen this problem but me.

What I will do is to test when spring is here if the voltage fluctuate(spelling, goes up and down) when I drive the car. And if it does if the stereo stops seiIng up if I stop the fluctuating.

I will report back to this thread.

Best regards

Hi

I was just thinking here. Could it be that there is a anti theft thing that makes the stereo turn off?

Best regards

Back