• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My retractable front license plate bracket video

Some of you may remember the first time I tried getting this thing to work, it was never mounted properly so I removed it when I was installing the STAMPO FCB. This time I made a special bracket that bolts on right where the oem bracket is supposed to be and it works way better.

Here is the video:
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GmIRhMuoeQc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GmIRhMuoeQc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Details please!

1. Would you have to worry about it flapping on against your bumper while driving?
2. What about the possibility of mounting it upside down?
3. Are you thinking about selling that bracket or releasing some DIY information?

Looks great.

Details please!

1. Would you have to worry about it flapping on against your bumper while driving?
2. What about the possibility of mounting it upside down?
3. Are you thinking about selling that bracket or releasing some DIY information?

Looks great.

1. No
2. I am not sure, I didn't try.
3. I don't want to sell it but I don't mind sharing the idea.

I bought the kit from altec products:
http://www.altecproducts.com/

I will be painting the mount black so it will be harder to notice. I will take pictures when I have it removed - possibly next weekend.

Now you need a rear one that changes to a different tag for the getaway, like james bond. You could even use turbo2go's tag :biggrin:

Just kidding, it looks great! Almost makes me wish we had front plates...Well, not really.

Mike

Now you need a rear one that changes to a different tag for the getaway, like james bond. You could even use turbo2go's tag :biggrin:

Just kidding, it looks great! Almost makes me wish we had front plates...Well, not really.

Mike

Yea we don't need front plates but that is so cool it almost makes me want one....almost! haha :)

If it were me, I would wire that up where the plate automatically comes out when the key is on and the e-brake is applied. That way you don't have to worry about forgetting to switch it if you were pulled over. You would still be able to use the remote whenever you want.

Mike

btw...... Saw that same system on ebay for about $120.

Last edited:
If it were me, I would wire that up where the plate automatically comes out when the key is on and the e-brake is applied. That way you don't have to worry about forgetting to switch it if you were pulled over. You would still be able to use the remote whenever you want.

Mike

btw...... Saw that same system on ebay for about $120.

I don't think it would be possible for 2 reasons:
1. There are seperate buttons for opening and closing.
2. You have to hold the button untill the plate is where you want it to be and then you release it, if the button was connected to the parking brake the electric motor would never stop running.

I have the non motorized version

I figured its always there so when they ask where the front plate is all I have to say is OOPs I forgot to pull it out and I should be ok

I don't think it would be possible for 2 reasons:
1. There are seperate buttons for opening and closing.
2. You have to hold the button untill the plate is where you want it to be and then you release it, if the button was connected to the parking brake the electric motor would never stop running.

It shouldn't be too much trouble. You would just use a 12v relay that was triggered from the parking brake and that would feed directly into the motor.

Mike

where is that for sale? i would rather have a non motorized as i figure its one less thing to worry about breaking!

I have the non motorized version

I figured its always there so when they ask where the front plate is all I have to say is OOPs I forgot to pull it out and I should be ok

you guys are lucky. it always makes me jealous when i see these nsx meet threads and your beautiful rides never have front plates.

in canada its mandatory front and back and it makes our cars look uglier!

Yea we don't need front plates but that is so cool it almost makes me want one....almost! haha :)

^^ It looks like it is the same thing so buy it from the cheapest place possible.

Back