• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My salvage rebuild: A documentary of my 93

Hi everyone,

I have always wanted an NSX and I was finally able to pay cash for this guy at an insurance auction last week. The car sustained damage to the hood, passenger fender, passenger headlight cover, windshield and a small portion of the roof.

I picked the car up Friday May 15, 2015. I began by charging the battery and firing her up. It runs good but seem to have had a rough idle (this has since cleared up). Not sure if the car just needed to be ran as it had been sitting for quite some time. So far I have noticed an HKS INTAKE, eibach springs, Volk GTC wheels.

i found some service records in the trunk and was able to contact the previous owner who was most helpful and informed me that the clutch, timing belt and water pump were all done within the last 10k miles at Gary Force Acura in Brentwood Tennessee. The service dept was able to confirm with me that those services were completed less than 10k miles ago.

Since I got all of that sorted out over the weekend, I was able to tear the car down today Monday 19,2015. I was pleasantly surprised that there was absolutely no structure damage to the car with the exception of the damage to the roof. I popped the fender and the hood off, cut out the old busted windshield and began work on the roof. I repaired a slight bend in the windshield frame, and began removing the dents from the roof. Lots of block sanding and primer but I'm very happy with the results.

That is as far as I have gotten but the windshield arrives tomorrow and I have sourced the body panels and headlight cover. As soon as it is all put together, it's off to the state inspection station and then over to the body shop for a full respray.

I will update pictures as progress is made. Hope you enjoy seeing the progress as much as I am.

Last edited:
Quick tip: If the car was regularly serviced at Gary Force Acura, you can go in with proof of ownership and they might print off the service history for you. That would give you a pretty in-depth look at what has been done to it over the years. I've never had a dealer refuse to do that if they still had the records available.

Thanks guys. I will attempt to get any service records I can. They did tell me that it had only been in for a few services. Previous owner, owned the car for 8 years and was in the military. Originally a California car and he moved several times before it met its demise in Tennessee.

What the heck caused the accident? A motorcyclist? There is a tire mark on the hood that leads to the windsheild.

Is that a white wrapping going on ??

No that's where the dent on the roof was repaired.

i got the windshield installed and fender should be here on Tuesday. Will update soon.

Last edited:
How are things coming along?

Windshield is in, fender and headlight cover should be here tomorrow. I will post update pics tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Anthony,

Congratulations on the find and good luck with the rebuild!

I have heard about your car quite a few times now from everybody in town.
The NSX population in the area has just tripled within the last few months, lol.

If you ever want to meet up, let me know. Plus I would love to come and check out your work/progress.

-jason

p.s. We actually already have some history together, if you recall a red EK hatch from back in the day, lol.

Hey man. Sure thing. I'm actually out of town on vacation. I have made some progress on the car and will be updating here when I return home. The car is ready for state inspection to apply for rebuilt title. So a lot of work has been done.

I didnt know the white one was yours. I'm guessing there is around 5 or 6 in the area now.

Cool.

Good luck on the inspection.

Yep, that's me. I'm still in a Civic too, haha.

Sounds about right, although the majority aren't active at all.

Updates

Sorry I haven't posted updates in a while, this will be picture heavy. A lot has changed in the last few months. Finished repairs accident repairs, bought wheels, finished interior repairs, sold wheels, started 2002 conversion, new seats, new coilover suspension, tore car down for paint, bought new wheels, replaced Ac compressor, Hugo stopped by and fixed my windows...... The saga continues.

I post updates much more often on my Instagram page if you want to check it out [MENTION=7547]Tony[/MENTION]_nsx

Anyways uploading pictures now so, updates coming shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Dyed faded carpet and installed new mats

- - - Updated - - -

Last picture before starting 02 conversion

- - - Updated - - -

Tear down and shaving of side markers

Repaired radius on fenders and shaved markers

Found some bad previous repairs on quarter panels, repaired and shaved side markers

Tore down further

Decided on new wheels
Advan GT with BF Goodrich Kdw tires

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry forgot to post a picture of the repairs before beginning the 02+ conversion

As a huge fan and owner of Advan RS's, I don't recall seeing the GT's. Where did you purchase, and what are the specs? I like those. Are they BBK friendly?
Thanks.:smile:

The Gt Advans are a new forged wheel. It didn't come in nsx specific sizes I think. Or at least that's what I found on them prior to getting the RG3. [MENTION=31557]Drtyhatch[/MENTION]
I have been following your build pics on Instagram. I love those seats.

Hey thanks guys. These are definitely big brake friendly. I purchased mine from Christian. He was able to get them direct from Japan. These are a little on the aggressive side but I am absolutely ecstatic about the fit and finish. I should have some more updates coming soon. [MENTION=31112]elijahcole92[/MENTION] yeah man, can't wait.

Hey thanks guys. These are definitely big brake friendly. I purchased mine from Christian. He was able to get them direct from Japan. These are a little on the aggressive side but I am absolutely ecstatic about the fit and finish. I should have some more updates coming soon. [MENTION=31112]elijahcole92[/MENTION] yeah man, can't wait.

Great. Can't wait to see those with fenders installed.

Back