• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My ScienceofSpeed Supercharger Build & Review

So after a few months of driving the S/C performs beautifully :smile: I bit the bullet and got the Laminova Intercooler + Liquid-Air kit but the car is asleep in hibernation till spring time ~May. Getting all the parts installed and head back to the dyno for re-tune. Looking forward to installing and will share the results in coming months :cool:
From SOS's Website:
intercooler_800.jpg

intercoolerinstallatiokit-800.jpg

BTW, how does this intercooler affect the Targa storage compartment and Targa rear brace? Can you stiil use them?

Edit: Just found the answer
ScienceOfSpeed said:
The intercooler is raised only a modest 1.3". However, it is not possible to use the factory engine cover with this system. Also, targa NSX with the triangular engine braces are not currently compatible (a coupe brace may be substituted).

Last edited:
KILLED! As in REMOVED FROM EXISTANCE!!:biggrin:

My buddy with a normally aspirated NSX baited him and I just stayed in the back ground until traffic opened up on the freeway and let him have it.

I was nice and let the dude draft my NSX, even though his windshield wasn't benefiting from the draft.

We repeated it just to make sure he wasn't making excuses about mis-shifts, etc.

i think STMPO has a RSTB for the SOS SC and Laminova for the NA2 in stock.

I'm getting the first NA2 version soon.

Last edited:
Over the weekend I killed a Supercharged 350Z with my SOS S/C.

Nice how much hp was the Z running? I guess it doesn't matter when all you see are the Z's headlights from your rear view ;)

KILLED! As in REMOVED FROM EXISTANCE!!:biggrin:

Its extinct like the Dinosaurs... got hit by a meteor lol

My buddy with a normally aspirated NSX baited him and I just stayed in the back ground until traffic opened up on the freeway and let him have it.

I was nice and let the dude draft my NSX, even thought his windshield wasn't benefiting from the draft.

We repeated it just to make sure he wasn't making excuses about mis-shifts, etc.

i think STMPO has a RSTB for the SOS SC and Laminova for the NA2 in stock.

I'm getting the first NA2 version soon.

I know what mine is like against a lightly moded NSX headers, exhaust, and intake which is natural aspirated... I guess we know what another ~130rwhp does for ya ;) and soon to be even more.

I did the SOS RTSB in black anodized as part of my S/C package. I do really like the look of the SOS brace pretty much like the CT-E with a cope in the snout area of the S/C.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/targa_shock_tower_brace/

shocktowerbrace_450.jpg

Sorry, just to clarify, I meant to say that I'm the first NA1 to get the STMPO RSTB.

I like the SO RSTB. Both SOS and STMPO has nice fit and finish. One is anodized and the other is powder coated.

But my concern was that the SOS one may flex or snap at the connecting points. I could be wrong here. It's really just a gut feeling.

The SOS RSTB aluminum which is like the rest of the NSX. It may be lighter, but my gut feeling was that Cro Moly was the better material from a strength perspective. And that is what won it for me.

More research and data is needed of course........

Nice how much hp was the Z running? I guess it doesn't matter when all you see are the Z's headlights from your rear view ;).....

Dunno the power that he was pulling.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ipfcK_vVVEg?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ipfcK_vVVEg?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Sorry, just to clarify, I meant to say that I'm the first NA1 to get the STMPO RSTB.

I like the SO RSTB. Both SOS and STMPO has nice fit and finish. One is anodized and the other is powder coated.

But my concern was that the SOS one may flex or snap at the connecting points. I could be wrong here. It's really just a gut feeling.

The SOS RSTB aluminum which is like the rest of the NSX. It may be lighter, but my gut feeling was that Cro Moly was the better material from a strength perspective. And that is what won it for me.

More research and data is needed of course........

Well I know that Ross's bar from feedback is a solid product and customizeable colours to match you car too. I do like the aluminum look to match the rest of the car & the bar looks stock-ish in black anodize and matches the S/C which was the look I was after... guess if the SOS one goes bad or bends for whatever reason I can always switch. I've never heard of a Comptech or CT-E one breaking or flexing but anything is possible.

According to the specs off that video the 350Z is pulling 403whp 327tq so I'm assuming your intercooled & possibly lighter car you out power him for sure ;)

Well I know that Ross's bar from feedback is a solid product and customizeable colours to match you car too. I do like the aluminum look to match the rest of the car & the bar looks stock-ish in black anodize and matches the S/C which was the look I was after... guess if the SOS one goes bad or bends for whatever reason I can always switch. I've never heard of a Comptech or CT-E one breaking or flexing but anything is possible.

According to the specs off that video the 350Z is pulling 403whp 327tq so I'm assuming your intercooled & possibly lighter car you out power him for sure ;)

flexing or breaking would be rare... but try un-installing your bar (if its been on a while)

Every CT RSTB we even installed had almost every bolt loose when off the car... but looked solid installed.

The SOS is the same design as the CT....

The sos also costs a couple hundred more… crazy

The CT is almost double the STMPO cost

The bar will not snap or break at the connecting points - they use the same joint as the factory bar.

-- Chris

The bar will not snap or break at the connecting points - they use the same joint as the factory bar.

-- Chris

I should note brace has been on my car for a few months never had a problem. I was running a stock 91 bar before with the NSX-R front, and lower bar from SOS with Tein Mono flex + EDFC there is a noticeable difference in the over all stiffening of the entire car.

Haven't tried with the roof out, factory Targa holder is out but now that I have re-arranged my trunk & stereo amp so I can get the roof in there flipped upside down. New Pioneer digital amp runs cooler and cuts down space needed, installed to SOS trunk panel still work in progress. All I need to do now is find a nice thick blanket to wrap Targa panel in when stored upside down.

Any vendors out there that have something we can store the Targa panel in? Maybe something that won't scratch, that zippers shut to protect from damage while store in trunk upside down, maybe even a cool NSX logo or something on the outside?

Here are a few snaps just before putting the car away for winter.

Before:
31801a2932b8042fc173f0def9037c636g.jpg

After:
f9467a6ca56484728a76aca4453f7622162cd6f64f15f4bafae2556c68011f146g.jpg

784e14e118ccd092280864be7860eef705187ff649b73023ec80361d878844346g.jpg

8c9cfd535bb44ca10c18ff179790e74e85f0bacd328f9b798bae91592e6338be6g.jpg

f2036ab9f9033f7c512826c507aca285d6c6f8279f6027a59db36425f9f31a8d6g.jpg

Trunk re-arrangement:
5b2d31dd429713cdb8a3528e6a64ed5efd98b8eb74cb95442c54eb88c0ed63246g.jpg

My NSXPO 2009 Chair even fits :biggrin::
e197f3d9bb2ca74f09991850fce258b1ddd44d925793081f3bec15fba8a834b66g.jpg

Cool Touch: AN ETERNAL SPORTSMIND FOR YOU
f4a7ca3af9fc19bb1fbcc6264dd712d351a0d1c6d65fb2a6ef39ab1c3b9e80eb6g.jpg

flexing or breaking would be rare... but try un-installing your bar (if its been on a while)

Every CT RSTB we even installed had almost every bolt loose when off the car... but looked solid installed.

The SOS is the same design as the CT....

The sos also costs a couple hundred more… crazy

The CT is almost double the STMPO cost

Thanks for the reminder I will re-torque the bolts come spring to make sure it doesn't come loose. I'm sure over time anything including the bolts holding the bar or anything under stress that is not constantly re-checked on a regular basis on an NSX could come loose. Especially for the track rats out there should be doing this as part of their car's regular maintenance schedule.

Yes it does cost more but it is made of machined billet aluminum so I'm sure there might be more costs associated with the material & manufacture. I don't expect to have any issues with it, but I'm if a problem came up Chris will stand behind his products.

Thanks for the reminder I will re-torque the bolts come spring to make sure it doesn't come loose. I'm sure over time anything including the bolts holding the bar or anything under stress that is not constantly re-checked on a regular basis on an NSX could come loose. Especially for the track rats out there should be doing this as part of their car's regular maintenance schedule.

Yes it does cost more but it is made of machined billet aluminum so I'm sure there might be more costs associated with the material & manufacture. I don't expect to have any issues with it, but I'm if a problem came up Chris will stand behind his products.

lol... maybe someone will make an RSTB that is one piece and doesn’t need to be torque down…. ever

It would be super cool if it were cheaper too...

Cost less - Less Maintenance - More Functional

if a problem came up Chris will stand behind his products.

Ask eddiensx if Chris stood behind his products when his sos coolant tank blew up on his way to NSXPO leaving him on the side of the road...

I'm just saying it man...

Round and round we go.

Standing behind your parts and workmanship is not something you need to lecture about.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139620

FYI, we offered to buy the customer a factory tank at NSXPO and fix his five year old tank once he returned home.

-- Chris

I don't have the "eating popcorn" smiley, so i'll just throw this one in the mix.

Attachments

• pumpkinfight2kr.jpg
    pumpkinfight2kr.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 247
lol... maybe someone will make an RSTB that is one piece and doesn’t need to be torque down…. ever

It would be super cool if it were cheaper too...

Cost less - Less Maintenance - More Functional

Ask eddiensx if Chris stood behind his products when his sos coolant tank blew up on his way to NSXPO leaving him on the side of the road...

I'm just saying it man...

Well of course anything cheaper would be better still cheaper than CT-E's brace... so let me get this right what your saying is you never re-check any bolts on the car for re-torque? So if you would install brand new wheels and never re-check the torque?

Sorry I'm not familiar with the story about Eddiensx's SOS coolant tank?

I have the SOS Supercharger with Laminova
Intercooler and SOS brace.

I regularly go to the track.
I am very pleased with my setup and have not had any issues.

Later,
Don

Don excellent and good to know! Did you ever have bolts come loose or require re-torque on the SOS Brace? I will recheck mine in spring but I don't expect anything to be loose. So far I've never had a problem with my SOS S/C or brace since the last tuning session.

Round and round we go.

Standing behind your parts and workmanship is not something you need to lecture about.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139620

FYI, we offered to buy the customer a factory tank at NSXPO and fix his five year old tank once he returned home.

-- Chris

Thanks for shedding some light on eddiensx's issue I didn't go to NSXPO '10 so had no idea what Ross was talking about?

so let me get this right

No... your not right...

What I'm saying is Thank You...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thank you for motivating me to build something that wasent available to you.... is now available to you... at a price less than other parts it is superior to...

Thank you motivating others to buy a more expensive less functional part instead of the one you applauded to be made.

Your actions are extremely honorable...

I am proud of you for your purchase...

So if you would install brand new wheels and never re-check the torque?

And Thank You for the insult.. I will take it as motivation to continue to help NSX owners.... NSX owners just like you.

Regards

Attachments

• nsxessive.jpg
    nsxessive.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 748
  • nsxessive2.jpg
    nsxessive2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 736
Richie

I can say emphatically that Chris is true to his word and his service is unwavering along with the quality of his parts. Pm me on the intercooler.

Don excellent and good to know! Did you ever have bolts come loose or require re-torque on the SOS Brace? I will recheck mine in spring but I don't expect anything to be loose. So far I've never had a problem with my SOS S/C or brace since the last tuning session.

So far so good with the SOS brace. :smile:
I had the Comptech for about 5 years and had no issue with it.

Went to the SOS brace when I updated the Supercharger and added the Intercooler.

As I recall the mounting locations are the same as the factory brace.

Back