• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Turbo Kit

I have a lot of oil in my oil catch can, 2dl after 30 minutes on the track,I think I need to change the rings, but I wait to break the engine, and bought a 1000hp engine :biggrin:

I need to find and post pics of the PCV setup that I did for the twinturbo ZR1, but perhaps I can explain. Under manifold vacuum you can use the stock PCV valve to help evacuate the block. However, under boost the one way intake PCV will shut off.

Here is what you can do. Run the block PCV to a sealed oil catch can. On the bottom of the catch can run a drain back to the pan, but put a one way valve so that it cannot suck oil from the pan under vacuum. You can usually find one at your local auto parts store in the PCV section. Run the can to the inlet of the turbo so that under boost you will draw vacuum on the can and thus draw vacuum on the block.

For the twinturbo ZR1 the can would measure around 4in-mg at 7psi of boost. While this may not seem much it would indicate that at least the block is not under pressure. You will need to baffle the sealed oil catch can properly so that you don't suck the oil into the turbo.

Here are some pics of my PCV setup on my old twin turbo 240Z. You can see the inlets of both turbos running a hose to the sealed catch can.
fp5.jpg

fp4.jpg

BTW, I would recommend sizing your inlet filter to match the potential flow of the GT40 turbo. You will most likely need a filter that is 12 inches in length. Try to find one that flows in the 1200cfm range and you can easily purchase one from K&N.

Great project

At 2000rpm : 93kpa
At 2500rpm : 100kpa
At 3000rpm : 110kpa
At 3500rpm : 124kpa
At 4000rpm : 142kpa
At 4500rpm : 160kpa
Full boost at 4900rpm
:eek: I really want to see a dyno sheet. Your numbers would indicate your car is fast and should have awesome power through entire range.

Looks like you were taking it kind of easy and just happened to give a bit too much throttle out of that corner. At least you didn't hit anything. Keep improving out there. :biggrin:

I know it's been a year since that video went up, but I only just saw it today.

man, your car went around fast! Just a little too much throttle too soon.

And what's that rattling around behind the passenger seat, your windshield sun screen? :biggrin:

I drove my car 20miles, and this clutch is hard to drive.
The first 4" it's very very soft, and the 2" after it's normal.
It's difficult to find the slipping position on this clutch.
Tomorrow I think to start to tune at 8PSI :D

I changed my fuel pump with a Walbro 255hp
I changed the fan switch with a Mugen Fan switch, (mugen is 20x1.5 and stock is 16x1.5)
I changed the thermostat, with a Mugen Thermostat

Hi menfou, I did the same to change the thermostat and fan switch as you, but notice that the mugen fan switch would stop the AC compressor. Did you experience the same issue and how you solve it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back