• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

n00b but been lurking...

So Ive been lurking here for almost 3-4 months now. Finally decided to sign up. Former M3 guy looking to get into a NSX around Jan or Feb of 2010. Oh and the name is Muneeb.

Pics of the M3 (sold it before I went to grad school):

PC090306.jpg

PC090307.jpg

PC090303.jpg

car3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY7G_T1oDhQ

Welcome Muneeb! Love the E46's. My buddy has one w/ a Dinan Stage 3, gonna take it down to Road Atlanta next month.:biggrin:
NSX is a very different machine, blah, blah, blah....
anyway, welcome.

Welcome Muneeb! Love the E46's. My buddy has one w/ a Dinan Stage 3, gonna take it down to Road Atlanta next month.:biggrin:
NSX is a very different machine, blah, blah, blah....
anyway, welcome.

Thnx Doc. A friend of mine had one way back in the day before I could drive and I just remember it being an amazing experience. I am definitely looking forward to a much lighter car.

That is one classy Bimmer! Great job! I have had lots of bimmers but never the M3. I've heard it's a great car. I think you'll like the NSX! Welcome

Welcome, Seems like I have seen your car before on the M3 forum. Great looking car with some tasteful mods. I owned a 04 M3 for a bit before the NSX, let’s just say im much happier now:biggrin:

That is one classy Bimmer! Great job! I have had lots of bimmers but never the M3. I've heard it's a great car. I think you'll like the NSX! Welcome
Thank you. The E46 was an extremely fun car. Did everything well but was not the top dog in any specific category. I want something thats going to be a great track car and gives me more of a supercar feel to it. Not to mention, I do love the mid-engine, rwd layout.
Welcome, Seems like I have seen your car before on the M3 forum. Great looking car with some tasteful mods. I owned a 04 M3 for a bit before the NSX, let’s just say im much happier now:biggrin:
Thank you. Are you on M3F?

I started off bein in love with JDM cars and the NSX has always been a favorite of mine. I guess the natural progession for E46 M3 owners was either a next gen M3 (which doesnt inspire me at all) or a P-car, i.e. GT3 or 911 Turbo. I do love both but want something more rare and isnt seen every saturday @ Cars & Coffee/Crystal Cove (RIP).

I only drove my friends M3 once on the street before his Stage 3 and it was probably comparable to a stock NSX in acceleration but did not handle or brake as well due to it's greater mass and higher center of gravity. Also the stock suspension seemed pretty soft. His car is a completely different animal now w/ 450+ hp and suspension set-up by Fall Line in Chicago. A blast to drive on the track but the stock seats and cheesy harness set-up he has have got to go!
I track my basically stock NSX when I instruct at HPDE's and it's a pretty competant track car out of the box. I have Comptech springs over stock shocks, Kumho MX, DOT 4 and Carbotech pads. A bone stock NSX feels pretty good on the track w/ a bit much body roll and some brake fade.
The driving position and the seats of the NSX are some of the best of any car I've tracked, far superior to the (E46) M3. Oh yeah, the intake sounds right behind your head rock too...:biggrin:

I only drove my friends M3 once on the street before his Stage 3 and it was probably comparable to a stock NSX in acceleration but did not handle or brake as well due to it's greater mass and higher center of gravity. Also the stock suspension seemed pretty soft. His car is a completely different animal now w/ 450+ hp and suspension set-up by Fall Line in Chicago. A blast to drive on the track but the stock seats and cheesy harness set-up he has have got to go!
I track my basically stock NSX when I instruct at HPDE's and it's a pretty competant track car out of the box. I have Comptech springs over stock shocks, Kumho MX, DOT 4 and Carbotech pads. A bone stock NSX feels pretty good on the track w/ a bit much body roll and some brake fade.
The driving position and the seats of the NSX are some of the best of any car I've tracked, far superior to the (E46) M3. Oh yeah, the intake sounds right behind your head rock too...:biggrin:

Damn Doc, I gotta wait til im back in socal to look for a NA2 but you are making it difficult. Whats worse is after lurking on this board for a while now, i know how hard it is gonna be to find a NA2 in white... :frown:

Yes im on the forum from time to time, welcome and I know when you get your NSX you will ask yourself "Why didn't I buy this sooner" :biggrin:

Back