• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA1 CAM Gears

Need help from the experts.

Looking at cam gears and saw a couple aside from the well-prescribed comptech ones.

I saw AEM and TODA has them but what i don't understand is this;

Why do they both sell cam gears as FR EX/ RR IN, RR EX, FR IN. When you buy them, don;t they normally sell 4 pcs altogether since this is what you need? Or is it because there is a purpose on only changing some?

Your expertise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Why are you looking for cam gears? They are only helpful if you are changing the cam profiles. Are you changing your cams? If so, the consensus seems to be that the CT locking gears are the best, since they will not go out of adjustment once set. IIRC, the TODA gears are actually re-worked OEM's while the CT are new manufacture. I would go with the CT.

what he said......and i have the comptech ones myself.

waddup honcho!

AEM unfortunately never completed the NSX gears. TODA sells many of their parts individually. Probably to avoid sticker shock? The Comptech gears are the best. The have a pin that locks the gear in place. Note that the gears themselves are made if you are going to degree the camshafts. The degrees marked on the gears are relative (meaning, 0 degree does not mean the gear would be the same degree on the cam as stock). If you need a set, we have a set for sale here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131974

-- Chris

Thanks Chris, i will contact Brian as he helped me purchase the bored throttle body last time.
I will get my self a set of the cam gears. i shall just email him.
Thanks again

AEM unfortunately never completed the NSX gears. TODA sells many of their parts individually. Probably to avoid sticker shock? The Comptech gears are the best. The have a pin that locks the gear in place. Note that the gears themselves are made if you are going to degree the camshafts. The degrees marked on the gears are relative (meaning, 0 degree does not mean the gear would be the same degree on the cam as stock). If you need a set, we have a set for sale here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131974

-- Chris

Back