• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Naked NSX

OEM parts dismantled for new aero pars from Taitec

Attachments

• IMG_0833_small.JPG
    IMG_0833_small.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0834_small.JPG
    IMG_0834_small.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0835_small.JPG
    IMG_0835_small.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0839_small.JPG
    IMG_0839_small.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 134
Cant wait:biggrin:

attached front bumper, attached side wings...
The colour is matching ...about - will see how it will be on day light.

new Honda H-mark. Tomorrow have a promise to have it done...we'll see

Attachments

• IMG_0900_small.jpg
    IMG_0900_small.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0902_small.jpg
    IMG_0902_small.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 76
Naked NSX - side steps

While wings and bumper are in, we have faced new challenge:

Marganihills side steps. We have dismanteled the OEM side steps and found out:
1. New are completelly out of way to fix them in
2. In case we'll fix them using a horisontal top step with few holes already drilled in plastic we have to screw the base (aluminum) step and the top of screws will be visible. (Further if I'll decide to move them out there will be holes :-( in the upper part of the step)
3. There are no room to install decorative NSX side step plates with NSX #
4. They are not fix exactly the front and rear wings - no way to fix them tight from front and back without deformating.
5. We have to invent a kind of a spacers that will fix them from the bottom - it should be kind of a bars or ??? since the bootom part of aeropart is not aligned with bottom step - they are flying.
6. One Pro's among all con's is they are looking awesome.

Maybe somebody has installed these Marganhills side steps and may share exp's...?

Re: Naked NSX - side steps

The Marga Hills side skirts are meant to work with the Marga Hills front wide fenders. I assume this is what you are referring to. When used with stock fenders, there will be a gap between the fender and side skirts. Unfortunately, they don't fit very well under the door as well as you've noticed. Downforce produces skirts that match the body like stock, however, I assume this is not an option. You may wish to consider the Cantrell Rocker Panel Kit which will make it so that you do not have to drill under the doors to mount to the body. Sorry, I'm not too sure about your questions on the spoilers.

Good luck.

regards,
-- Chris

While wings and bumper are in, we have faced new challenge:

Marganihills side steps. We have dismanteled the OEM side steps and found out:
1. New are completelly out of way to fix them in
2. In case we'll fix them using a horisontal top step with few holes already drilled in plastic we have to screw the base (aluminum) step and the top of screws will be visible. (Further if I'll decide to move them out there will be holes :-( in the upper part of the step)
3. There are no room to install decorative NSX side step plates with NSX #
4. They are not fix exactly the front and rear wings - no way to fix them tight from front and back without deformating.
5. We have to invent a kind of a spacers that will fix them from the bottom - it should be kind of a bars or ??? since the bootom part of aeropart is not aligned with bottom step - they are flying.
6. One Pro's among all con's is they are looking awesome.

Maybe somebody has installed these Marganhills side steps and may share exp's...?

Back