• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nascar 2008.

overall boring race. Not many people even talked about a Dodge win, it was all about Jr. Too much single file racing(follow the leader).

overall boring race. Not many people even talked about a Dodge win, it was all about Jr. Too much single file racing(follow the leader).

True about the announcers, but then again, they always talk too much about Jr. Single file racing is great, pits stops mean something, strategy is involved and the best drivers shine. The whole "Cautions breed Cautions" mentality of NASCAR makes for good TV, but bad racing; turns the outcome into a crapshoot.

Miner

I am so disappointed about the 500. Jeff was strong at the first and then has a upper A arm brake :confused: . I never heard of that happening before, he just has some bad luck. Hopefully he'll do better this week.

Any of you cali guys going?

Sundays Race
Auto Club 500 California Speedway FOX/3:30 p.m

I am so disappointed about the 500. Jeff was strong at the first and then has a upper A arm brake :confused: . I never heard of that happening before, he just has some bad luck. Hopefully he'll do better this week.

Any of you cali guys going?

Sundays Race
Auto Club 500 California Speedway FOX/3:30 p.m

Yeah that was a bad break but..... YOU ARE DISAPPOINTED!?!?!? Geez, Tony was LEADING THE RACE on the LAST lap and ended up coming in 3rd place! Ugh... I was silently freaking out when Tony was leading with one to go.... I still can't believe that.

We pick names out of a hat for a few bucks at our Daytona 500 party. I actually picked Tony this year which I was stoked about. If Tony would have won I would've won $60. I ended up with 6 bucks for 3rd. Thanks Tony. :frown:

Jeff Gordon is my choice. He has been from day one. I remember seeing him racing before NASCAR and thinking he would do good some day. I mentioned it to my mother and she started watching Jeff.

Well my mom's not nuts but she is nuts about Jeff Gordon. Here house is like a shrine to the guy. She has full life size cut outs standing in the corner. I snapped some photos of the house he live in and my mom had them blown up and hung them on the wall. All kinds of Jeff Gordon stuff all over the place. She has even named her cat Jeff Gordon.

Man she was pissed last week when his car broke. She was really happy for him this year and expected him to do well after "getting rid of that bitch Brooke who didn't support him."<--her words.

So anyways Jeff is my guy out there. I don't watch every race because I don't have time but I watch the ones I have time for.

I heard Tony Stewart is going to be the new Orange and Black Knight at Medieval Times. That's why he is growing his hair out. Man I wish I knew how to use photo shop I would do one of those posters.

Vegas was a good race. My boy Tony took a hard lick when he blew a right front and pretty much crushed the outside wall. But did you guys see Gordon? Holy crap. This could have been worse. If you watch the video to the end you'll see the GPS speed being given from the cars. Jeff pounded the inside wall at 106 mph. And he did it at a HORRIBLE angle. What a bad, bad place to pound wall.

Last edited:
I was flying cross country all day so I missed the race. I did see the Gordon wreck on the news. Pretty stout impact, I'm glad to see he wasn't too badly shaken up. Somebody was comparing it (esp how the inside wall is configured) to the Gregg Moore accident. I remember that like it was yesterday, and other than hitting a concrete wall, there was no similarity.

I see its been raining in Atlanta today, fouling up practice. I'm flying cross country again and hopefully the race will be pushed to monday.

Miner

what about that 1-2 TOYOTA finish at Atlanta Motor Speedway ??

Good to see someone new breaking through the ranks. Last time a non-US marque won was 1954 (Jaguar - which was at some point American and will soon be Indian).

Acura/Honda - no pressure (!)

No. That Goodyear CONSTANTLY has tire issues at EVERY TRACK they seem to run at. That Goodyear has basically become non-existant in every other form of sanctioned motorsports.... F1, IRL, Cart, USAC, WOA.... they're only in Nascar and they can't even seem to get THAT right.

Goodyear brings a tire to the track that Everyone has to use. And they might bring a completly different tire to a track than they brought last year. Well if that's the case then I guess all the testing the teams did in the years past is now irrelevant. Why can't they develop a tire and stick to it? Goodyear needs to stop using Nascar as a test bed for their tires, and test the tires BEFORE they give them to guys that are going to run 200 mph on them.

What? That he is a whiner!

Miner

And that was pretty ignorant. How the hell is this whining? This seems like a seasoned racer speaking his mind.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZVC0F533cE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VZVC0F533cE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

He's a thug and a whiner. I saw about 10 minutes of the race (between another cross country trip), and at that point in the race they seemed happy with the tires (<1/3 through the race).

I don't doubt the Goodyears are having tire issues, but it is what it is. Its kinda like Kurt or Kyle Bush (if I remember) whining about how terrible the COT was last year when he won the first race with the COT.

Its like running at Darlington, if you overdrive the car, you get a stripe. Don't blame the track.

Miner

He's a thug and a whiner. I saw about 10 minutes of the race (between another cross country trip), and at that point in the race they seemed happy with the tires (<1/3 through the race).

I don't doubt the Goodyears are having tire issues, but it is what it is. Its kinda like Kurt or Kyle Bush (if I remember) whining about how terrible the COT was last year when he won the first race with the COT.

Its like running at Darlington, if you overdrive the car, you get a stripe. Don't blame the track.

Miner

Your obvious dislike of T. Stewart is really skewing you away from the obvious facts. It has nothing to do with Tony. Everything he said was right on. Goodyear isn't in any other racing series anymore for a reason. If you follow Nascar you know there are ALWAYS tire issues. Goodyear will have a certain tire at the track, then 2 days before the race they freak out and bring a completly different compound out. Then nobody knows what to do with it and it sucks. Hey Goodyear, bring something to the track that works the first time!

Your obvious dislike of T. Stewart is really skewing you away from the obvious facts. It has nothing to do with Tony. Everything he said was right on. Goodyear isn't in any other racing series anymore for a reason. If you follow Nascar you know there are ALWAYS tire issues. Goodyear will have a certain tire at the track, then 2 days before the race they freak out and bring a completly different compound out. Then nobody knows what to do with it and it sucks. Hey Goodyear, bring something to the track that works the first time!

PhiAlpha44, I don't want to get into the tire war, or whether Tony is right on about his comments.

Lets move on and this weekend I will be home to watch the GP of Australia and the Winston Cup race!

Miner

Good Bristol Race today. I love Bristol. I'd really like to go there for the night race in August. My boy Tony was kicking butt until the end. I can't defend him pulling down on Harvick with a few laps left. Harvick had position. Tony was getting passed.... that was just stupid. He could've finished 3rd or 4th. Instead he got 14th. :rolleyes:

Back