• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NC Clubs?

Hello, I was wondering if there were any clubs that meet in the North Carolina area. I am currently stationed at Camp Lejune and I have always wanted to go to a club meet I always read posts about really great club meetings are and how they are a lot of fun. Seeing as I havent ridden in an NSX yet I hope you guys wouldnt mind an envyious Marine hanging around!
wink.gif

Seth Urban (USMC)

------------------
Do we have the power to shape our lives, or are we predestined to be who we are? If our Fate is but one amongst many, then whose life, if anyone's, is real?
If our lives are indeed the sum-total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be.

Seth, Welcome to the list! I am located in Raleigh, NC. Drop me an email if you are ever in the area and I'll give you a ride. As for a NC NSX chapter/club I think that is a great idea. Any other NC nsxr's out there want to chime in? I'd be glad to try to set something up one weekend.

------------------
Jason

There are 19 members of the NSX Club of America in North Carolina. If you'd like to hold an NSX Club event for NC club members, you could notify all of them and even use club funds to help offset expenses of the event. (You could form a Tarheel Chapter but even without forming an official chapter you can still hold club events and have access to club funds.)

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 19 November 2001).]

Jason,

Hey thanks for the offer, next time I am in the area I will take you up on it, as far as starting a chapter that would be really great, like NSXTASY said starting our own chapter would help offset the overall cost. Well lord willing I should be able to start my own NSX search within the comming months. I have read the FAQ section and found it to be extreamly helpfull. One of the deciding factors for me to choose an NSX above other cars (Z06,Z3 ect.) is the great community I have found here at NSXPrime , Great Job!

Seth Urban (USMC)

I would also be very interested in having a semi-regular NC group get together. There are occasional ones coinciding with local dealers in the warmer months. There are two track events at VIR (Danville, VA area)December 1-2 and 8-9. I know Jason is going to the first one, and I hope to go to both if logistics work out. Any other NC folk going up? You can be a spectator to the first without cost, and probably the second, as long as you are willing to sign the waivers, etc.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

Those track events sound exciting. Hey Jason if your planning on going to the first event (1st - 2nd) and by chance dont a friend going, mabey I could hitch a ride up there and check it out as a spectator. If not I could always just take my friends (00 Explorer) up there. There is a red 91 (I think) that I see alot around here in Jacksonvile I will try to let him know about the event if I see him.

Seth Urban (USMC)

Originally posted by ncdogdoc:
There are two track events at VIR (Danville, VA area)December 1-2 and 8-9. I know Jason is going to the first one, and I hope to go to both if logistics work out. Any other NC folk going up? You can be a spectator to the first without cost, and probably the second, as long as you are willing to sign the waivers, etc.

I live quite close to VIR (in Danville, VA :) ) and have been considering an NSX seriously recently. Do you have more details about how to attend these events? What times they are actually occurring?

Thanks!

Hey guys, I really am excited about the idea of starting a NC chapter. I think that there would be a great response. Lets see if we can gather email addresses and get a email out to everyone.

Ken, how would I go about finding the email addresses of all the NC members?

Seth, I already have someone riding up with me. The first run group goes out at 8am sat morning! Whew! The event is totally open to spectators and I'm sure you would have a blast. Supposedly they are allowing ride alongs as well, not 100% sure on that but that's what I have heard. Get up with the guy w/the red 91 and see if he can make it, that would be awsome! You can find more info about this event:
http://motorsports.gandw.com/

Click on the link for events and you can even register online.

Gary, Hope to see you there!

Ken, how would I go about finding the email addresses of all the NC members?

It's actually a very informal process.

Anyone organizing a club event (to be publicized among club members) should first join the club if not already a member.
wink.gif
For more info, see http://www.nsxca.org/join.html

It's probably a good idea to then run your plans past Wei-Shen Chin, who is the elected representative of the Southeast region (and who would need to approve any use of funds set aside for this region). You can reach him at [email protected].

I can then provide the e-mail addresses (and/or mailing addresses and/or fax numbers) from our database. Please note that they need to be used only for club business. That means that you can use them if there's an "official" club event, but not for a non-club event. For example, a meeting at a dealer for members of the NSX Club is a club event. But if a bunch of folks are going for a drive and anyone can come along, member or not, then it's not really a club event.

Originally posted by Jason Weaver:
The first run group goes out at 8am sat morning! Whew! The event is totally open to spectators and I'm sure you would have a blast.

Jason,

Are you planning to go Sunday as well? (When the group 1 hours are a little more reasonable :) ).

Back