• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NC1 Extended Warranty Options

RYU

Legendary Member
Patron Supporter
Tech Expert
Have a few questions perhaps some of you could help with.

1. Does Honda offer an extended warranty option plan?
2. If so, can you buy this after the fact?
3. Is the extended warranty thru Honda?
4, Any hints pricing options?
5. Too early yet to tell as most i've seen have not gone over the standard 4yr/60k range, BUT how's Honda's warranty service in general for the NSX? I've had a handful of new Hondas and curious if they service the NSX the same as say.. my Honda Family hauler.
6. What's generally the likelyhood that owners bought extended warranty coverage? (Perhaps i'm looking for a rough show of hands here)
7. Is it transferable to new owner?
8. Does the extended warranty have a deductible?

Don't expect anyone to know all the answers but would certainly appreciate some feedback. I'll be looking into this casually over the course of the next few months.

Another problem is all third party warranties are absolute crap... I can just see them trying to cover a car like the NSX

MC

I've bought extended warranties through USAA in the past, and they have been just as good as the warranty that comes with a new car.

However since the NC1 is a Honda, it's expected to be reliable so there shouldn't be a need for one.

I also voiced a concern about getting an extended warranty as my 2017 which I recently purchased has only a little over 2 years remaining on the warranty. However when I reviewed the warranty I felt much better about the car. In addition to the 4 year 50,000 miles, you get a 6 year 70,000 powertrain warranty. And if that is not enough there is an extended Hybrid warranty that goes for 8 years. In California it is even longer if the car were purchased here. As DocL points out, the NSXs of the past were solidly built vehicles. When Uehara and fellow engineers visited with me in the early 2000s he told me that the NSX was designed as a 15 year car. So it was robustly designed. While I am not suggesting that this current generation was done in the same manner I suspect that Honda/Acura is betting the farm on this flagship to lead the organization forward.

Back