• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help on potential audio set up

It's not that simple. The Bose system is a closed system with individually equalized and amplified speakers. The amplifier is not central but in the speaker housings. No speaker wire runs from the radio to the speakers.

Thanks. Are members adding tweeters and if so, any good spots to hide them away from out in the open? The highs on the stock bose are lacking in my opinion so maybe looking to add a pair.

It was a popular mod on here about 12 years ago to open up each door speaker enclosure and tap into the wires running to the BOSE speaker and use those for an external tweeter mounted in the doors or triangular a-pillars. I bought an extra pair of those small plastic triangular a-pillars and cut/used them for my small tweeters. For those of you who think the BOSE is acceptable, it is a simple cheap mod to do that will add a little bit of highs to your music. If you search on here, there are probably still pics and descriptions of the process.

"Audiophiles" will laugh that it isn't a proper thing to do, but the NSX environment is so poor that I didn't figure it was worth my time and resources to attack it. The project Turbo has going sounds interesting, but I eventually ripped out all of the NSX audio stuff. I have time/phase-arrayed Vandersteen speakers in my quiet home auditioning room if I want good sound!

Dave

Installed the GROM BT3 with the mic and works great.
Unplugged the radio antenna since I don't really listen to AM/FM and now get the best of both worlds.
Sound isn't bad for a stock sub, but the mids/highs need some improvement if you ask me...2004 technology or not.

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but I emailed GROM also.

I had a Galaxy S4 phone when I installed the GROM and sync'd it fine.
This week I upgraded to the S6 and for some reason bluetooth cannot find the GROM after scanning.

Anyone know?

Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but I emailed GROM also.

I had a Galaxy S4 phone when I installed the GROM and sync'd it fine.
This week I upgraded to the S6 and for some reason bluetooth cannot find the GROM after scanning.

Anyone know?
You need to reset GROM and then pair again with your smartphone. If I remember right when GROM is given voltage you have like five seconds to do that. Forgot key sequence to press but I think it's seek and something. It will beep once reset has been completed. Search online or look in the GROM manual about resetting procedure.

Thanks.
Kind of strange but yesterday it wouldnt BT wouldnt recognize the grom at all. Tried numerous times turing to FM, and back to CD.

Today, I went to do the "reset" process, turn the car to ACC, turn bluetooth on and it's recognized it! I didn't even do anything different. So I am back in business!

Back