• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need Help on Pricing

I would start with an offer of maybe $60-61K and expect the final price to be around $62-63K or so.

Don't start too high; you can always raise your offer. (Just don't start so low that you appear to be low-balling them.)

Here's one on Ebay, John

Right now, that one is not meeting its reserve price. Not yet, anyway.

I have a feeling that "Barn Man" in these forums could provide some assistance if you're interested in that one...

The only thing is that he is looking for a "Local" car.. so basically here is sacramento area or bay area.. that one I posted is in the bay.. and he is going down there to take a look at it on thursday..

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I would start with an offer of maybe $60-61K and expect the final price to be around $62-63K or so.

Don't start too high; you can always raise your offer. (Just don't start so low that you appear to be low-balling them.)

nsxtacy, I think the initial question was what would a fair price be, not necessarily how to negotiate, although your comment is likely correct. With that said, you think it should not go over $63? I am asking, not questioning your opinion. How clean, milage, etc. all contribute to end pricing, but what if it is super clean?

There are really no absolutes in all of this. Yes, a car that's super clean ought to be worth more than one that's not. OTOH I would assume that a car that has 7800 miles on it IS super clean. My comment was intended to reflect $63K as my guess for a fair selling price for the car. Is it worth $64K? $65K? Possibly, sure. No one can say that a particular car is worth EXACTLY any given amount until the buyer and seller agree on a selling price, at which point it (obviously) is. So anyone's estimate is simply that - a rough estimate, and could easily be off by a couple thousand dollars (or even more). And your guess may be just as good as mine.

Aside from that, it may also be worth an extra couple thousand dollars if it's exactly what you're looking for (color, etc); if it's in a convenient location; if it has a complete history of all appropriate service and maintenance work; etc. So if you inspect the car and decide to buy it, and you do your best negotiations and the seller won't budge below a certain figure, there are plenty of reasons why you should still be able to buy it with no regrets if it's slightly higher than where you thought you ought to wind up. It really comes down to whether you're happy with the deal, not whether you pay more than someone else tells you is a fair price.

In other words: "Don't listen to me."
biggrin.gif

Back