• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need HELP with 2005 CD Changer...experts??

So I have a 95 NSX and I replaced the OEM radio with a OEM radio from a 2005. Hooked up my existing (or what I assume is original) AI-Net cable to my 1995 OEM CD Changer to the radio and it works great! So here is where the problem is....I then changed out the 1995 changer to the 2005 OEM CD Changer (plays MP3's), hooked it up to the existing AI-NET cable and the radio reads ERROR (#03 I think). Well whats up? I read that if you want to use the newer alpine MP3 changers you can but have to buy to cables to make to connect. But the OEM 2005 plugged right into my existing AI-Net cable, the pin layout is exactly the same. So am I missing something? Do I still need to buy some type of adapter cables??? HELP!

maybe some of the pins are relaying different signals compared to your '95 head-unit? has anyone actually done this before without exchanging the head-unit as well? just thinking outloud (gpt rid of my changer)

May I suggest do away with the CD changer and go with an IPOD adapter upgrade tapping into the 8 pin CD connector behind the driver's seat. You don't have to remove the radio or center console.

I'm not a huge MP3 fan and don't own an IPOD. I'd like to keep the audio system factory if possible.

Does any one know if the adaptor harnesses needed for an Alpine MP3 changer change the pin layout?

It should be plug and play. Did you buy the stereo and cd player from the same person? There's also a switch on the cd player that selects how it's mounted. If it's not on the correct position it won't play and will throw an error code.

Well, then why arnt the mp3 alpine changers plug and play? Don't they require you upgrade to some new form of AI-Net which buying the two cables does for you? The 05 changer and alpine mp3 changer are identical except there is no "Alpine" shown on the changer.

Back