• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need LOUDER Horns.

Has anyone upgraded there Horns on there NSX they are just not that loud I thought someone said Griot's Garage had a good set I'm looking for a easy swap any suggestions.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Horns not loud enough?
I guess you haven't set off your alarm in your garage early on a Sunday morning and then try to find your keys to disarm it
smile.gif

My ears are still ringing.
I'd be curious to hear how the Griot horns sound as well.

Originally posted by Steven Spanbauer:
Has anyone upgraded there Horns on there NSX they are just not that loud I thought someone said Griot's Garage had a good set I'm looking for a easy swap any suggestions.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Search the old topics - there was a thread on "Ferrari" air horns a while ago.

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

I installed the Hella air horns and like them. I couldn't live with the O.E. horn that sounds like a Civic. Now if I could only change the key in the ignition warning(beep beep beep) that sounds so lame. Little problems like these are all I should have.

I went to buy the "Ferrari air horns" (like in the F355). I was directed by a Ferrari dealer to an aftermarket dealer of Ferrari parts. They told me that they sell the Hella horns and that they are an exact, or almost-exact, replacement for the Ferrari horns, and that's what most of the Ferrari owners get.

I've replaced the two main horns on my NSX with the Hella air horns, but I left the third horn (the one for the alarm) stock. The three horns make a nice blend of sound now.

I did like the sound of the Hella horns that I installed and later removed from my car. What I didn't like was the minor delay experienced in waiting for the compressor to build up the air charge. If you install the Griot's Garage horns please post your feelings about them - I'm considering those too.

The hella horns are awesome. I'll never forget when I was over at Migs (Miguel Andrews) place during the big golf tournament in Sahalee (I can't remember the name or spelling, it's the big course on the Samammish Plateau). I have no idea who was 'golfing' (could have been Tiger for all we know) but Migs alarm went off (he's right across the street from the course) and GOOD GOD. I think he got a visit from the course superintendant that day.

I thought it was hilarious.

Are the hella horns louder than stock? OH YES. VERY MUCH.

------------------
David Allen
'00 Silverstone NSX-T
Comptech SC, Headers, Intake, Exhaust & a little Mark Basch tweakage

[This message has been edited by David Allen (edited 12 March 2002).]

Thanks again Guys.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Hey Ken,

I thought you had the FIAMM horns?

One auto shop around here has some FIAMM horns in stock that I know I can get a good deal on, so if one of them are the same ones used on NSX's then I might grab it.

Do you know the model number?

**I'll go look in the FAQ in a bit
smile.gif

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

I installed Hella horns on a BMW motorcycle that I owned years ago, and the attention I got was much better than from the rinky-dink
OEM m/c tooters...

Originally posted by Veleno:
Hey Ken,

I thought you had the FIAMM horns?

One auto shop around here has some FIAMM horns in stock that I know I can get a good deal on, so if one of them are the same ones used on NSX's then I might grab it.

Do you know the model number?

**I'll go look in the FAQ in a bit
smile.gif

http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002840.html

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

How do you-easily- access the horns to change them? Can`t see them from inside the front compartment and from the underside it looks like the radiator is in the way. Or do I just have to remove the plastic under shield...if so how does it come off?
As horns they are an embarressment.

John

Personally, I like the OEM horns. I got an '01 GSR and the horn is to wimpy for me. I want to install the NSX horns on the car. If anyone here doesn't want their NSX OEM horns, let me know. I'll take them off your hands.

Vytas

To what PBSSJO,

Said about the warning beep when the key goes in, the beep from what a neighbor told me is Morse code for H, I guess for Honda. =) A interesting tidbit.

Ken

posted 11 March 2002 21:59

I installed the Hella air horns and like them. I couldn't live with the O.E. horn that sounds like a Civic. Now if I could only change the key in the ignition warning(beep beep beep) that sounds so lame. Little problems like these are all I should have.

It's true. All Hondas for many years (at least 20) have had the four short "beep beep beep beep" sound if you leave the key in the ignition and open the door. Four dots is Morse Code for the letter H, for Honda.

Originally posted by newtyp:
...a neighbor told me is Morse code for H, I guess for Honda. =) A interesting tidbit.

I thought only Cliffy Clavin knew that.
biggrin.gif

Do all Honda/Acura horns have the same connectors? I like the sound of the '04+ S2000 horns. They are loud and very european-ish.

I'm curious if I can purchase a set of S2000 horns and just replace the oem horns with them. I'm hoping they can be swapped out.

FYI, S2000 horns are not compatible with the NSX. Now curious if the late model NSX has different/better sounding horns.

Anyone know?

Simons2k said:
FYI, S2000 horns are not compatible with the NSX. Now curious if the late model NSX has different/better sounding horns.

Anyone know?

I know the one's on my 2001 were a joke.

I went with a set I could get for motorcycles. Instructions claim they need a relay, but that is already in place on the car, so no additional wiring was needed.

I ended up cutting the wires and placing bullet plugs on the ends, so I could go back to stock if I preferred.

Here are the ones I chose:
https://chretien.genwebhost.com/~rivco1/store/index.php?id=114&parent_dir=260

The guys here in Houston can attest to their sound. :eek:

I did scuff them up and paint them a flat black so they wouldn't stick out.

Not an easy changeover, but it sures gets the attention of the non-attentive!! :biggrin:

Kinan said:
Horns not loud enough?
I guess you haven't set off your alarm in your garage early on a Sunday morning and then try to find your keys to disarm it
My ears are still ringing.
The security horn is separate from the left and right horns.

I got a set of these...

Porsche 911 air horns! I love the sound from my Porsche days... Definetly suits the NSX IMO :smile:

Attachments

• P600584066OEA.jpg
    P600584066OEA.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 135
Back