• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEED OPINION: Seven spoke or Momo Sport?

I have to change my rear Yokos soon and thought about getting the 17/18 momo sports shod w/ Yoko AVS Sports. I think the Momo Sport was made for the NSX. I know there will be more unsprung weight but it's a strong, wheel, looks awsome and I will have an inch more of contact in the rear.

However, The seven spoke (stock rims) that I have are pretty nice (except for some light scratches that bug me.) I was quoted $2500 for the wheel/tire pacakge installed. Is it worth the money?

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX 5spd
1999 Cosmos BMW M Coupe 5spd

I believe nice aftermarket wheels are well worth any price. This said because I don't care for any of the factory wheels. My opinion only......but nice aftermarket wheels totally make the car. Check out my site; there are pics of before and after, granted the 91-93 wheels were even worse than the 94+. just my 2 cents.

------------------
Pls. visit my site w/ lots of info and pics. It may take a bit to download but it's worth it, I hope @
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Stock rims suck!!!!!! That said, change them as soon as you can. ha, ha Get a set of 'high quality' 17/18 wheels and lower your car an inch. You won't recognize it when you see it. Do try and keep the weight down as every little bit helps.

To answer your question. YES, THEY ARE SO WORTH IT (IMO)!!!

[This message has been edited by James Cruz (edited 29 August 2000).]

The "sports" are named such because they are the lightest Momo design. I wonder what an extra 20 pounds all round will do to my accelaration. I can live with a few tengths because I'll gain it back with exhaust mods.

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX 5spd
1999 Cosmos BMW M Coupe 5spd

I wonder what an extra 20 pounds all round will do to my accelaration.

Also keep in mind that using a tire size with a larger outer diameter than the stock tires will also hurt acceleration.

What is the circumfrential difference between the stock rims and tires to 17"/18" rims wearing 215/40/17 and 265/35/18 tires?

Originally posted by Electro:
What is the circumfrential difference between the stock rims and tires to 17"/18" rims wearing 215/40/17 and 265/35/18 tires?

0.5" front, 1.9" rear

It is basic algebra. Total diameter is 2 ( width * profile ) + rim diameter. Doing the math in mm then converting to standard:

With 265/35-18 you get 2 ( 265 * .35 ) + 457.2 = 642.7 Circumfrence is 2 pi r which is about 2019. That converts to about 79.5"

With 245/40-17 you get 2 ( 245 * .40 ) + 431.8 = 627.8 diameter which is about 1972 circumfrence which converts to about 77.6".

Back