• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need pic of 2002 rear on yellow NSX

I would appreciate any pic help please.I have a 2001 yellow NSX and I am changing the rear diffuser to a 2002.The body shop has the paint code from my door jam however they said there are different paint variations(shades).So they need to see my car to match it to the swatches.Why bother to give the paint code from the door jam??I don't get it.Anyway they also want to see a finished one so they can see what is yellow and what is black.Oh yeah, is the black flat or gloss??Help!! I don't want this to get skrewed up.Thanks. :confused:

Just had it done on my car. The black should be glossy but i think they did mine in flat black. Not that big of a deal so i just left it.

Here is a picture of a yellow and of a red that I gave to the shop to paint mine, esp in the red you can see the black is glossy.

And mine finished:
attachment.php

Attachments

• nsx02.jpg
    nsx02.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 926
  • nsx_red.jpg
    nsx_red.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 686
Be careful - I did this to my '01 and had them paint he black in a satin finish - not flat or glossy. IMO it looks great. They still clear-coated the entire valance so I can wax the whole thing. I also painted mine in the stock color scheme.

Others have painted it all the car color with the exception of leaving the sceening black. Personal pref.

Good luck, this is probably one of the best modifications for appearance you can do to pre '02 cars.

The correct patina is a semi-gloss. This can be accomplished and still have a clear coat applied.
I don't think it will look screwed up no matter what the finish, but if you want ot be exact it is semi gloss.

I already answered in this thread started by you as to why they need the car to match the color.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53736

Good luck.

Last edited:
NormRD said:
Just had it done on my car. The black should be glossy but i think they did mine in flat black. Not that big of a deal so i just left it.

Here is a picture of a yellow and of a red that I gave to the shop to paint mine, esp in the red you can see the black is glossy.

And mine finished:
attachment.php

What kind of exhaust on that red nsx??????

Back