• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need recommendation on how to transport my car

I am interested in transporting my car from Santa Barbara, CA to the Scottsdale Hotel for NSXPO 2022. Any recommendations.

Chris Wilson posted on Facebook a very fancy new trailer that the Reliable moving company has available for vehicles.

EDIT: You can also contact Hanger SB and ask them who they use. I would trust their opinion and vendors.

Last edited:
Our NE crew has used intercity many times over the years....If it is just your car then you are at the discretion of the broker/carrier to fill a truck.Any other folks from your neck of woods willing to ship to expo as well. Most nsxpo fans drive from all over..

I considered towing a car trailer, but that would max out our Tesla at 5000 pounds. I have gotten some prices on transporting. Roughly $1800 open trailer and $2400 closed trailer. Seems like more hassle then value.

I just turned 75 last week and thought about it a bit more. At my age I don’t really care about resale value as I suspect I will keep the car. So putting 1500 more miles is a not really an issue. I will just enjoy the car.

We took our Great Pyrenees to check out day care and ultimately over night stays. She stayed by herself and was basically not a happy camper. We are hoping after a couple more sessions that she will enjoy being around other dogs. If that doesn’t work out then we would either drive both cars or just take the Tesla and leave the NSX home. Decisions decisions not the end of the world and certainly not important in the scheme of things. Thank you for the recommendations.

I considered towing a car trailer, but that would max out our Tesla at 5000 pounds. I have gotten some prices on transporting. Roughly $1800 open trailer and $2400 closed trailer. Seems like more hassle then value.

I just turned 75 last week and thought about it a bit more. At my age I don’t really care about resale value as I suspect I will keep the car. So putting 1500 more miles is a not really an issue. I will just enjoy the car.

We took our Great Pyrenees to check out day care and ultimately over night stays. She stayed by herself and was basically not a happy camper. We are hoping after a couple more sessions that she will enjoy being around other dogs. If that doesn’t work out then we would either drive both cars or just take the Tesla and leave the NSX home. Decisions decisions not the end of the world and certainly not important in the scheme of things. Thank you for the recommendations.
which daycare did you try?
We have a hard time finding a daycare for our two Yorkies also. Camp Canine has a nice setup but ultimately we're looking for a personal sitter. Please let me know if you find someone.

A great Pyrenees is the complete opposite of two <5lb Yorkies but I reckon you ought to check out camp Canine as long as yours is ok socializing with other dogs.

In fact we did try Camp Canine in Santa Barbara. We are going to take her back this Sunday for 6 hours to see if she fares a bit better. We are pretty isolated where we live. Our property is enclosed as mountain lions and coyotes roam freely around here. So our dog has fewer opportunities to meet other dogs in the neighborhood.

Back