• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New (2005) Owner!

I think all NA1 owners eventually progress to an NA2 or even a 2002+ NA2. That is what happened with me. A few months ago I put up a WTB Ad on NSXPrime for a 97-01 NA2 and I was contacted within a couple of weeks. The deal was made and I was driving out to El Paso, TX to pick up a 2000 NA2 Silverstone. The car had about 50k miles and it came with a few mods but also came with OEM parts so it wasn't difficult to convert back to stock.

15788425307_d1b6089629_b.jpg

As you can see in the photo above, Silverstone is an amazing color. Silverstone is actually my #1 choice for any NSX and I fell in love with it the minute I saw it in person. What I immediately noticed about the NA2 was the damn Targa creaking and the "assisted" power steering. Compared to the NA1's rigid body and manual steering, these two things were awful.

I would have been greatly disappointed in the NA2 if it weren't for the 6 speed transmission and gearing. The shorter gearing is so much more fun and (perceivably) faster than the NA1. The lighter flywheel also makes the engine seem more rev happy which adds to the great experience.

15405170993_9f2338b96c_b.jpg

After having my NA1 and NA2 in my garage for a couple of weeks and staring at them day-in and day-out, it hit me. I basically have the same cars. They look identical and my wife gave me an earful about how pointless that was. My search for a 2002+ NA2 began.

I first looked at a 2005 Silverstone in Washington State with 37k miles. The pictures that the seller sent me were amazing, the car was immaculate. The only negative things I saw about the car were the black powder coated wheels, and the clutch/flywheel were replaced at such low mileage.

IMG_1561-300x200.jpg

After an agreement was made I sent the seller my deposit and booked my flight to Washington. Sadly, the seller and I came to a disagreement and my deposit was refunded and I would not purchase this vehicle.

The next vehicle was another 2005 Silverstone in Florida with 37k miles. This car seemed like it had a good history except the interior condition. For 37k miles, I would have expected the car to be in better condition, but it wasn't a deal breaker. The seller and I went back and forth for a couple of weeks to negotiate a price and finally we came to an agreement.

IMG_0811-1-300x225.jpg

A PPI was scheduled and suddenly there was a communication break down between the seller and myself. I would not be purchasing this vehicle.

Shortly thereafter, I received a message from a Prime member regarding a 2005 Red/Tan with 30k miles, within a 1.5 hour drive from my location (Thanks Alan!). I immediately drove out to look at the vehicle the next day. I was never considering tan as an interior color choice, nor was I even considering red, but the year (I wanted 2005) and mileage (I wanted as low as I could afford) seemed perfect.

After inspecting the vehicle the next day, I was sold. The car drove perfect, the CarFax checked out, and the interior and exterior were in excellent condition and she even came with the original window sticker! The RED is awesome and the tan interior actually looks really classy with red. I left a deposit and 2 days later I picked her up. This is my very first red car and I'm loving it so much. I plan on keeping my 1991 bone stock (Searching for clean fat-fives as we speak), and saving the mods for the 2005. Thanks for reading, and enjoy the pictures!

16237083239_c97a7ea44a_b.jpg

16422377482_507dbc3666_b.jpg

16237451347_36058904fe_b.jpg

16237122139_59d9aa1def_b.jpg

16235950190_376561145d_b.jpg

16237117118_1f924cd5c1_b.jpg

16423834162_3ba9b6da7c_b.jpg

16238871777_b7e92ca9c2_b.jpg

16237120008_a4c5efc5b6_b.jpg

16238873837_af0918cf16_b.jpg

16398788386_da9f4cd584_b.jpg

16237122338_3a98d4c6ae_b.jpg

15802271334_914bfc0a4b_b.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats. Love the red

You have great taste and nice cars

We don't all go from na1 to na2

I went 1997 white na2 to have along side it a 2005 silvesrtone na2 and now I have a 1993 red na1, but I do have the last dual cone syncro 6 speed, na2 brakes, newer abs, type s wheels and 02 -05 wheels for it. I love these Hondas!

Thanks for the kind words. I would have purchased the 2005 Silverstone from you, I guess I'm not patient enough but I rarely see 05s go up for sale in CA. Let's see some pictures of your Type S wheels. Also, are you looking to sell your 02 wheels? :)

Congrats. Love the red

You have great taste and nice cars

We don't all go from na1 to na2

I went 1997 white na2 to have along side it a 2005 silvesrtone na2 and now I have a 1993 red na1, but I do have the last dual cone syncro 6 speed, na2 brakes, newer abs, type s wheels and 02 -05 wheels for it. I love these Hondas!

this is what I would do if I were you.....

keep the coupe and keep the 05 take the 6-speed out of the other targa put into the coupe. this is what I did the coupe 3.0L with the 6-speed feels exactly like the 05.

the gears are what makes the car. I had my 04 and my 92 would drive one..... then get out and go drive the 04 and felt the same. but without all the creaks body roll, and the sloppy steering. if I had it all to do over again the first thing I would have done to my 92 was get the 6-speed transmission installed. and never buy the 04 LOL

now the way prices are going a targa 5-speed will still make someone happy that has wanted an NSX all their life.

good job bro keep them babies alive and driving.

- - - Updated - - -

but one thing is For sure...... the dual clutch on the couple with the dual input shaft installed in the 6-speed revs way better and there is no 1 second lag because its NOT throttle by wire.

Man, you are my hero. Lucky guy, how cool would that be if you didn't sell your silverstone, you would have one from each major release Nsx year. Any plan on getting the new NSX to add to your stable?

Hey man! All 3 look great - jealous :) Enjoy the red! and the black! :D You mentioned the silverstone one had creaky targa and "assisted" steering that you didn't like - is it improved/better in the red?

Great car. Congratulations.

Hey man. I think you got ripped off. The red one is a Honda!!! All kidding aside, very nice collection you have there. You have a terrific wife. I could never pull off two NSX's with the wife. Now a 67 Vette coupe may be in the cards someday but not another NSX. Congrats.

Man, you are my hero. Lucky guy, how cool would that be if you didn't sell your silverstone, you would have one from each major release Nsx year. Any plan on getting the new NSX to add to your stable?

Not right now, maybe in 5-10 years (if it can withstand the test of time!).

- - - Updated - - -

Hey man! All 3 look great - jealous :) Enjoy the red! and the black! :D You mentioned the silverstone one had creaky targa and "assisted" steering that you didn't like - is it improved/better in the red?

The creaky targa/body flex is still there. You can hear it when going up steep driveways at an angle. The steering is the same :/.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey man. I think you got ripped off. The red one is a Honda!!! All kidding aside, very nice collection you have there. You have a terrific wife. I could never pull off two NSX's with the wife. Now a 67 Vette coupe may be in the cards someday but not another NSX. Congrats.

Do it! I'm grateful, thank you!

Congrat's, It seem's like more and more owners and buying another nsx to add to the fleet. Maybe 1 day I can do the same.

Skafia, regarding the creaking Targa. Buy some Shin-Etsu grease at your Honda/Acura dealer and apply it to all the Targa, windshield and back cowling area rubber seals. The grease works wonders on dried rubber seals on the entire car.

Ngoan, the car looks AMAZING! It's been crazy and both amusing following you getting to where you are now.. I hope you are DONE! The 2005 as I've told you already has me having the itch to go fixed headlights as well in the future. Hopefully my other half will be as understanding as yours.. Lots of luck with her! Congrats, JT

You have the best of both worlds, they are gorgeous, congratulations!

What a solid stable! Congratulations on doing it BIG!

Which one are you planning on driving to EXPO?

I plan on towing my 1991 with my 2005. Just kidding, I'm not sure!

- - - Updated - - -

Ngoan, the car looks AMAZING! It's been crazy and both amusing following you getting to where you are now.. I hope you are DONE! The 2005 as I've told you already has me having the itch to go fixed headlights as well in the future. Hopefully my other half will be as understanding as yours.. Lots of luck with her! Congrats, JT

You won't have a problem finding an 02+ Yellow. I have a couple of good leads when the time comes.

- - - Updated - - -

congrats! I agree, tan interior is very classy for red cars. A nice combo indeed.

I wasn't sure of it at first, but after seeing it in the flesh I do like it. Thank you.

Back