• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New ARK DT-X Quad Tip Exhaust Available!

We just recently received our first batch of the new ARK DT-X exhaust system for the NSX. The ARK DT-X system is ARK's new quad tip model that uses two double wall exhaust tips per side.

construction
The unit features a thick gauge full stainless steel T304 construction with two long length resonator tubes that are encapsulated in a single muffler canister. The overall length of the canister is very similar to the DT-S system. However, this system has a single canister rather that two separate canisters which cuts down on sound volume and increases smoothness by allowing the exhaust pulses to cancel each other out in the single chamber. The sound it produces is similar to the DT-S system, but is slightly quieter and smoother. The exhaust, like the DT-S, is then fully polished. ARK went a step further and includes gaskets and new mounting hardware if your factory gaskets and hardware are worn. I'm very impressed by the overall quality, fitment, sound, weight savings, and most importantly price of this unit.

2002 rear valence
I know many people have been asking if this exhaust will fit in the 02+ rear valence. Unfortunately, it rubs on both side which would cause the plastic valence to melt. ARK may in the future produce a different tip style for these customers however, this likely would not happen this year.

tips
ARK produced several prototypes to get the fitment of the tips nicely tucked up into the rear valence giving the system once installed a very nice finished look. The tip design is very similar to Tubi, however, the system has much better quality, and in my opinion sounds much better. All this for a fraction of the price. The tips are fully polished along with the rest of the exhaust and feature a laser marked ARK logo.

weight & fitment
This exhaust weighs it at roughly the same weight as the DT-S system (25.5 lbs) which translates to a nice 18.5lb weight savings over stock. The system bolts right in with out issues and is, in our experience, one of the best fitting exhausts for the NSX.

Pricing (MSRP):
ARK DT-S:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/ARK/DT-S/
ARK Performance DT-S Exhaust System: $1150.00 (NSX, 1991-96)
ARK Performance DT-S Exhaust System: $1339.00 (NSX, 1991-2005)

ARK DT-X:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exhaust_airflow_products/NSX/ARK/DT-S/
ARK Performance DT-X Exhaust System: $1350.00 (NSX, 1991-96)
ARK Performance DT-X Exhaust System: $1539.00 (NSX, 1997-01)

The new DT-X system nicely rounds out ARK's line of exhausts offering two systems with dual or quad tips and two slightly different sound levels both at attractive pricing.

We've updated our exhaust comparison sheet which is a great place to start out to compare the different exhausts available:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/sos_resource/FAQs/NSX/eap/exhaust_comparison/

Please find photos of this new exhaust below, and sound clips directly on the DT-X web page (I'm sorry for the somewhat poor quality of the video).

cheers,
-- Chris

rearunder-600.jpg

rearqtr-600.jpg

tips-450.jpg

Last edited:
ARK is offering an introductory price on the new ARK DT-X as well as a special on the DT-S system until May 19th.

Until May 19th, we're offering the DT-X system for $200.00 off MSRP and $250.00 off the DT-S system.

We have 3 DT-X systems in stock right now which we will be selling to customers who are able to install the exhaust, take some photos, and post a review on the exhaust. The rest of the units will be arriving in late May and will be shipping on the first week of June baring no unforeseen delays. If you are interested one of these three, please contact us *** via telephone ***. We will only be accepting orders for these 3 units via telephone to be fair to our customers due to the high demand.

A non-refundable 50% deposit will be required to secure this discount. After May 19th, the systems will be available at their regular pricing.

best regards,
-- Chris

Great deal for a super exhaust system. Now all i have to do is buy myself an nsx and then place an order for the ARK DT-X with SOS. I have been searching unsuccessfully for 6 weeks now. BTW Chris does your company ship to Malaysia? If the answer is yes, how much is the shipping cost?

nsxinkl said:
Great deal for a super exhaust system. Now all i have to do is buy myself an nsx and then place an order for the ARK DT-X with SOS. I have been searching unsuccessfully for 6 weeks now. BTW Chris does your company ship to Malaysia? If the answer is yes, how much is the shipping cost?

Yes, we can ship to Malaysia. Please e-mail us as I will need some more specific info.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
2002 rear valence
Unfortunately, it rubs on both side which would cause the plastic valence to melt.

Oh COCK!! :mad:

So is there a way to get quad tips in another generation at all or is it too tight alltogether and its just going to wind up like two puny pipes if done?

Got my DT-X installed today by ARK.

I had the Version 1 ARK exhaust before the DT-S. This was the single wall round tip version. DT-X quads is definitely a change for the better.

My Impression: DT-X is more refined. It is a more relaxed exhaust than the Version 1. It is deeper in tone and Sound suppression is done without being too quiet. I think it is just the right sound volume and tone for the Sports car driver. Not as Racy sounding as the Version 1 but still sound aggressive. For me this is the perfect exhaust.

I only have about an hour of driving time to the DT-X, I really like it already. I'll report back later when the system is fully broken in.

Thanks ARK..

fkong777 said:
Got my DT-X installed today by ARK.

I had the Version 1 ARK exhaust before the DT-S. This was the single wall round tip version. DT-X quads is definitely a change for the better.

My Impression: DT-X is more refined. It is a more relaxed exhaust than the Version 1. It is deeper in tone and Sound suppression is done without being too quiet. I think it is just the right sound volume and tone for the Sports car driver. Not as Racy sounding as the Version 1 but still sound aggressive. For me this is the perfect exhaust.

I only have about an hour of driving time to the DT-X, I really like it already. I'll report back later when the system is fully broken in.

Thanks ARK..

Great !! I got a feedback then. Yeap, I was so dirty yesterday, I couldn't shake you hand... lolz

More sound clips, please. :smile:

If you are fortunate enough to have one of these awesome looking exhausts, please post a sound clip from you car. I'm trying to find reasons for not getting one (since I already have the CT exhaust), but at the same time, I'd like to hear more sound clips to help me pull the trigger. :biggrin:

I just made the switch from Comptech to this exhaust. I've got Comptech headers and I'm running without cats. After making the switch I can tell you that the DT-X is quieter....which could be due to the fact that its not broken in yet. It is definately a smoother, richer sound. I think the clips on the SOS web page are pretty accurate. I shot pics of my CT exhaust before I removed it and then pics of the DT-X from about the same perspective...e-mail me ([email protected]) if you are interested. I think the DT-X looks much more modern and less "clunky".

Can both of these exhaust be used with the Comptech SC? Chris, in your opinion, do you think the ARK DT-X Quad Tip Exhaust is better in both performance and looks that the Comptech?

Thanks,
Mike

Hydro said:
Can both of these exhaust be used with the Comptech SC? Chris, in your opinion, do you think the ARK DT-X Quad Tip Exhaust is better in both performance and looks that the Comptech?

Thanks,
Mike

Both can be used with a CTSC - I have one. Without actually putting it on the dyno, performance is hard to judge. Seat of pants, because the DT-X was smoother my car felt a bit stronger - very subjective opinion though, as are looks. A lot of people like the Comptech exhaust.

As Mark says, both could be used with the Comptech SC just fine. Both the DT-S and DT-X use designs that are very low in restriction. The 2.25" piping also will promote good flow with forced induction where the motor will be moving more CFM.

take care,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
As Mark says, both could be used with the Comptech SC just fine. Both the DT-S and DT-X use designs that are very low in restriction. The 2.25" piping also will promote good flow with forced induction where the motor will be moving more CFM.

take care,
-- Chris

Chris,

Do you have any dynoplots before and after for the exhaust alone, no headers or intake? Just curious as I have the same exhaust but haven't done a dyno run.

Carl

clr1024 said:
Chris,

Do you have any dynoplots before and after for the exhaust alone, no headers or intake? Just curious as I have the same exhaust but haven't done a dyno run.

Carl

Sorry, I do not. This is a brand new exhaust. It should be very similar to the DT-S system as the same piping diameter and tube lengths are being used. You can find this on our website.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Installed last night and very happy with the results. Seems almost a waste putting it under the car, it's a great looking piece. Sounds awesome!:smile: If you're considering it, go ahead and pull the trigger, you won't be disapointed.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68411

Just got my DT-X for my 00 NSX-T. The guys at SOS and ARK have been great. I installed the exhaust lastnight by myself. The exhaust looks and sounds great. Only issue is the passenger side is rubbing the rear valence. I plan to play around with the hangers like DaveG had to do. The driver side looks perfect. I will post pics and let you guys know how things work out.
Ray

Back