• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Bay Area Owner- Hello, and References

Hi everyone, I just took delivery of my first NSX, a black NA1. I'm on the Peninsula, holler when you see me!

Does anyone have recommendations in the Menlo Park area for (1) alignment and coil over adjustment (KWs) (2) trusted shop for doing electronics work (head unit/alarm stuff)? I've run searches and see some older posts with recommendations, but not sure who is still around and doing good work on NSXs. I am down to travel to SF or SJ to find someone I trust for this stuff. Also happy to take recommendations for mechanic/autobody work, as I will be turning to that stuff in the near term. I am willing to drive as far as I need to for the right mechanic...and I know there are some legends within range. I think I need a valve job and would like to have the car looked over by an expert (I paid for PPI at an Acura dealership, they were OK but missed some things that I caught, so I want a second opinion).

Thanks all in advance and I look forward to meeting you all ASAP!

Rob

.....I am down to travel to SF or SJ to find someone I trust for this stuff......

Hello Rob

Congratulations on your new ride! Welcome to the community.

I highly recommend Foreign Affairs. It is a little far from you, but worth it.
https://www.foreignaffairautorepair.com

They have worked on countless NSX and know what they are doing. For example, he was able to guess the year of my car simply by looking at the color. :)
Their work is superb and will bring my car back to them.

@natcc99-thanks very much, appointment booked! I will be swapping my NSX for a Prius for the day

Hello Rob
Thats great. You won’t be disappointed. When I dropped my car off I ran into a fellow prime member. Maybe the same will happen to you. They service lots of NSX there. Even google street view has one in their parking lot.

Being in the Bay Area we are lucky to have many shops that specialize in our cars. Foreign Affairs is the only one I have personally been to.

Take care and enjoy the new car.

Hello Rob

Congratulations on your new ride! Welcome to the community.

I highly recommend Foreign Affairs. It is a little far from you, but worth it.
https://www.foreignaffairautorepair.com

They have worked on countless NSX and know what they are doing. For example, he was able to guess the year of my car simply by looking at the color. :)
Their work is superb and will bring my car back to them.

+1 on foreign affair

welcome and congrats!

Hello and Welcome to NSX ownership. I also just moved to the peninsula and still learning about the NSX resources around the area. There are a few of us around Los Altos, feel free to shoot me a message and we can get a group together and hopefully steer you in the right direction!

Hi Rob,

Welcome!

1. I would recommend Hilltop Auto in Daly City. They've looked after my 91 for years now.
2. Electronics. If it's the usual AC and Radio, you'll find BrianK and Willman through the forums. Were two of the first vendors I contacted as well.

I'm also on the Pennisula so if you ever want to grab coffee, just DM me.

Best wishes,
Will

Hi everyone, I just took delivery of my first NSX, a black NA1. I'm on the Peninsula, holler when you see me!

Does anyone have recommendations in the Menlo Park area for (1) alignment and coil over adjustment (KWs) (2) trusted shop for doing electronics work (head unit/alarm stuff)? I've run searches and see some older posts with recommendations, but not sure who is still around and doing good work on NSXs. I am down to travel to SF or SJ to find someone I trust for this stuff. Also happy to take recommendations for mechanic/autobody work, as I will be turning to that stuff in the near term. I am willing to drive as far as I need to for the right mechanic...and I know there are some legends within range. I think I need a valve job and would like to have the car looked over by an expert (I paid for PPI at an Acura dealership, they were OK but missed some things that I caught, so I want a second opinion).

Thanks all in advance and I look forward to meeting you all ASAP!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Welcome!

1. I would recommend Hilltop Auto in Daly City. They've looked after my 91 for years now.
2. Electronics. If it's the usual AC and Radio, you'll find BrianK and Willman through the forums. Were two of the first vendors I contacted as well.

Best wishes,
Will

I would NOT recommend Hilltop Auto in Daly City. Don (owner) did service my nsx a few times and service was great, but the last time I went there he told me to GO AWAY and he said that he was tired of servicing NSX's. I would never trust anyone that was once trusted then kicks you to the curb without explanation.

I would recommend Trackspec in Fremont...Jon Vo is excellent and detail oriented. He always has NSX's in his shop.
Ditto on Briank !!

rawone

Hi Rob,

Welcome!

Best wishes,
Will

I would NOT recommend Hilltop Auto in Daly City. Don (owner) did service my nsx a few times and service was great, but the last time I went there he told me to GO AWAY and he said that he was tired of servicing NSX's. I would never trust anyone that was once trusted then kicks you to the curb without explanation.

I would recommend Trackspec in Fremont...Jon Vo is excellent and detail oriented. He always has NSX's in his shop.

rawone

Don is alright, but the business is meh. Also, he doesn't work on cars anymore.

....then what's with the attitude:confused:. Was the wife having a bad day:tongue:

Thanks everyone for the info. I took my car to Foreign Affair and am very happy with the service and work so far. I spotted a silver NA1 when I picked up my car today, assuming it belongs to a fellow NSXPrimer...

Thanks everyone for the info. I took my car to Foreign Affair and am very happy with the service and work so far. I spotted a silver NA1 when I picked up my car today, assuming it belongs to a fellow NSXPrimer...

Hi, glad you had a good experience at Foreign Affairs. Sounds they were able to address the issue or maintenance needed on your car. The weather looks good this weekend, be sure to take it for a spin.

Haha, I am laughing because it looks like you had the same experience as me by seeing another nsx in their lot. :)

Last edited:
Don at Hill Top did a great job on mine last year - full TB/WP and service. He even did the work himself and moved things around to fit me in.

[MENTION=32903]natcc99[/MENTION], its a great experience, isn't it? I also love to see NSX posters in any location...

Anyone know what a valve adjustment sets you back at Hill Top these days?

Valve adjustment when done right (slow pace) takes about 5-6 hours. It's not something to look forward to unless engine is out.

Valve adjustment when done right (slow pace) takes about 5-6 hours. It's not something to look forward to unless engine is out.

Rest assured that valve adjustment is not an engine out service. Mine was performed without removing the motor.

Congratulations and Welcome to NSX Family. Hope to see you on NSX meets

Sent from Samsung Note8

Back