• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Bay Area Owner- Hello, and References

After WestFest meet is in the works. Stay tuned on Facebook.
I dont have FB and im sure there are a few as well.
Pls post any NSX meet info here im prime

Ty

Sent from Samsung Note8

I would NOT recommend Hilltop Auto in Daly City. Don (owner) did service my nsx a few times and service was great, but the last time I went there he told me to GO AWAY and he said that he was tired of servicing NSX's. I would never trust anyone that was once trusted then kicks you to the curb without explanation.

I would recommend Trackspec in Fremont...Jon Vo is excellent and detail oriented. He always has NSX's in his shop.

rawone

I’m with Richard on this one. Long story short...I’ve use Don & befriended him (since 2001 up until 2014) to service not only my NSX, but all 5 of my other vehicles. He had (actually his wife made him) charged me for a AC repair on my former Integra that they misdiagnosed. They charged me 4 times for their mistake replacing parts I didn’t need. I never questioned any of the invoices that they billed me for until this AC fiasco and then they treated me like I was some kind of plague! I DO NOT RECOMMEND Hilltop Auto.

Perhaps it's best to only take your NSX to Hill Top. He's factory trained and certified in it and as my 20 years of taking my NSX ONLY to him proves, he knows his stuff.
Just sayin'.
H-

I’m with Richard on this one. Long story short...I’ve use Don & befriended him (since 2001 up until 2014) to service not only my NSX, but all 5 of my other vehicles. He had (actually his wife made him) charged me for a AC repair on my former Integra that they misdiagnosed. They charged me 4 times for their mistake replacing parts I didn’t need. I never questioned any of the invoices that they billed me for until this AC fiasco and then they treated me like I was some kind of plague! I DO NOT RECOMMEND Hilltop Auto.

...sad but true. Shop that earned your trust then kicks you out like a 'step child'....I think this happens when we go to the shop after a domestic issue. just saying.

I have know Don since 2004 when i purchased my NSX.
Back in July 2018 I had Don Hill Top do a full service on my NSX.

He was really nice and was very accommodating. I asked if he can personally do the service himself and not his regular tech. He agreed without any hesitation. He ask if i can leave my NSX for a few days as he will he working on my car in between other regular customers cars repairs.

This was not an issue for me as my car just sits in my garage. LoL

Took him 3 days and was very happy with his work and service.
BTW, Don even purchased new soft cloth material to put under the NSX service matt. What a guy! Shows he truly cares for the NSX.

I will definitely go back to Hill Top Auto if i ever need any work done on my NSX.

I even posted pictures of my NSX service in Google Maps.

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...%20Top%20Auto%20Services%20Inc&viewerState=ga

Sent from Samsung Note8

When I first bought my NSX I first took it to Don at Hilltop. Was very satisfied with the work. People on here seem to have great or terrible experiences with him.

I've also taken it to Foreign Affair and Fremont Acura albeit for smaller stuff. No problems at any of those places.

I called Foreign Affair yesterday and the guy answered the phone told me that their NSX mechanic had retired.
Following up on this... I spoke with Auggie the other day. Dave did indeed retire, and they are no longer taking in NSX's for anything beyond simple work. He didn't really offer up much more than saying take it to Shad in Sacramento, or some place down near LA. It looks like our options in the Bay are now limited. I ended up at the local Honda dealer for my failed EPS module.

Good to know. Before Instagram locked me out for not having an account, I saw photos of lots of NSX's there, including Ben's purple Gen 1. I'll have to reach out to him about his experience.

Good to know. Before Instagram locked me out for not having an account, I saw photos of lots of NSX's there, including Ben's purple Gen 1. I'll have to reach out to him about his experience.

I brought my NSX to Trackspec Autosports in Fremont last week to replace the EPS steering rack that I got from Charles Brown of nsxrackrepair.com and am happy with both Trackspec and NSXRackRepair.

Back