• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New home for my NSX

I have been inspired by all the garage projects that have been discussed on Prime that I finally got off my "you know what" and got to work on mine. I took this on as a DIY project so I'm now a skilled insulator, drywaller, and electrician. On a side note, I will never drywall again, I will pay someone to do it.

I used horse stall mats on the floor, thanks to Steve T for showing his floor on another thread. I used a little bit of Racedeck also. I'm glad I did the entire floor with the mats. I also would like to thank Anytime for setting us up with Bend-Pak.

Well, here are some pics. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

Attachments

• Dsc_0001_small.jpg
    Dsc_0001_small.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 4,575
  • Dsc_0002_small.jpg
    Dsc_0002_small.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 2,081
  • Dsc_0003_small.jpg
    Dsc_0003_small.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 2,033
  • Dsc_0004_small.jpg
    Dsc_0004_small.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 2,109
Here are a few more showing the lift.

Attachments

• Dsc_0005_small.jpg
    Dsc_0005_small.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 2,113
  • Dsc_0006_small.jpg
    Dsc_0006_small.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,901
  • Dsc_0007_small.jpg
    Dsc_0007_small.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 2,066
  • Dsc_0008_small.jpg
    Dsc_0008_small.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,788
NsXMas,

Thanks.

As for the dry wall. It's mostly just the mess and skill to do the taping and mudding. It takes a lot of work to get it to look good. Luckily, I had some good help for that part of the job.

Caz thats great. Nice job. :smile: What do you use the lift for and how did you build up the yellow area for the lift?
I'm jealous. My garage looks like a garage :redface:

I used the old floor (1/4" thick) I had under the NSX as a base for the lift. The horse stall mats are 3/4" thick surrounding the base floor. I then used yellow Racedeck to lift it another 1/2". It all works out to a total of 1" which is just about the clearance I have as I drive over it. I would have to come up with more lift if I ever decide to lower the NSX.

Looks awesome, caz! I need to get my butt in gear and finish my garage. :D

I'm hoping to get a lift too, but seeing the clearance you have, I might have to build a ramp like yours, but higher.because my NSX is lowered. I just have to figure out how. :p

John,

Really nice:). Better then it sounded. Is the lift at it's highest pisition in the pic??

Regards,
LarryB

Thanks Larry. It turned out better than I expected. The lift is at 2/3 of it's height. The full lift is at 48", which takes the roof of the NSX up to the garage door opener. It may actually hit so I have to take some measurements the next time we get a nice day and I can pull the NSX out.

I like all the shoes. I have a rack like that but smaller.
My goodness! How do you keep that snow blower so clean in NH?

Man that looks great. The lift is very cool.
How do you like the gladiator stuff? I have the same bench, but different cabinets. Almost too nice to use.
I have read a few posts on the mats you are using. How does it price out and perform compared to race deck?

Very nice job! John/caz-nsx, what is the clearance required for the MD6XP, assuming zero build-up surrounding it?

I like the horse stall material, but it sure would be nice if it was available in light gray. One of the manufactures needs to see some of these garages being done with these things and oblige with another color choice.

looks fantastic. want to take a trip down to dana point and help my poor garage out> :tongue:

Wow that car is super clean underneath for a 91!

Oh and nice garage too! :smile:

KGP said:
Very nice job! John/caz-nsx, what is the clearance required for the MD6XP, assuming zero build-up surrounding it?

I like the horse stall material, but it sure would be nice if it was available in light gray. One of the manufactures needs to see some of these garages being done with these things and oblige with another color choice.

check here for info on the lift.... I cannot find a price though.....

sweet job on the garage!!! very creative with the lift idea. Do you just leave the lift under the car all the time then...??...since you drive up and over it anyway...?

John,

LOOKS GREAT!! Tell me more about the horsefloor mats if you don't mind.

Congrats on a great looking garage.

Don

pt91,

The Gladiator cabinets are really nice. I ordered everything through a distributor, but I like that I can go down to Sears to pick up bits and pieces.

KGP,

The min height for the lift is 4 3/4" according to the spec, but that is the height of the main part of the lift. You have to add for the swing arms and rubber pads. There is also a pivot point in the middle that is 6 1/4". I'm using hockey pucks instead of the rubber pads to decrease the height slightly.

I would have prefered gray for the floor color also, but for $1.67 a square foot I can live with black. It cleans up pretty easy. The best feature to the floor is the spring that you get from the rubber. It's nice to walk and stand on all day. The Racedeck would have still been as hard as concrete.

newby,

The lift can be found for ~$1500 depending on shipping. I was surprised that it only took about a week from CA to NH on Yellow Freight. The MD6XP is a portable lift (900 pounds portable), but I plan on leaving it in place all the time. I mounted the pump to the wall to make it more permanent since it will not be moving.

Don,

The mats are 4' x 6' x 3/4" thick. Each one weighs ~100 pounds so they don't move once placed. They can be cut with a knife or saber saw.

You can contact RB Rubber for a dealer in your area. I was lucky to have an Agway less than a mile down the street to order mine from. For more info on the web site look at the Tenderfoot Stall Mats.

http://www.rbrubber.com

John

newby said:
check here for info on the lift.... I cannot find a price though.....

sweet job on the garage!!! very creative with the lift idea. Do you just leave the lift under the car all the time then...??...since you drive up and over it anyway...?

The lift was purchased from me, although John may have forgotten :biggrin: The lift is left under the car yes, and is almost unoticable, until you use it. I am a distributor for the complete line of BendPak / Ranger products, if anyone has any needs for shop equipment.
Take care,
John :smile:

Back