• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New member: 1991 Acura NSX

Hi! I'm a new owner of an Acura NSX. I cannot believe I'm saying that. It's been a dream of mine since I was a kid. My first car was a 94 Civic hatch (eg) that I swapped a b18c5 with ctr pistons, intake, dc headers, exhaust. It was my first moment into Honda at the age of 16 that I always thought "one day... I'll own a NSX." Fast forward to going through college (with an EF, EM1... ) then when I graduated I got a 07 nighthawk black pearl civic si and I swapped the front and rear to the jdm. While I still have that, I acquired a 02 RSX type S with a lot of work done to it from a friend who was looking to part ways with the project. I wrapped it up with a few new parts and it's my backup to my civic si daily...

Then one saturday I randomly was at cars and coffee and a brand new 17 nsx came up... And everyone went around it and most the people said well, the original just was so much better. I was ecstatic to hear others with the same thought I had... So like usual I searched prime and I searched craigslist for any NSX that I could afford. Guess what? There were none! So I always check copart auctions in my local city but this time I was like I'm just going to search if there are any NSX's (I have done this in the past only to find smashed up nsx's that sell for outside my budget) but that saturday was different!

I found an NSX that I could afford. And I called the wife and I said I'm going to buy this car! And she said DO IT! So I did. Now, i know it needs a lot of work, but I'm okay with getting my elbows dirty. It doesn't come with the motor and a lot of parts, so I'm going to make a lot of "purists" mad, but in my defense the car is in rough shape anyway... so it's not going to be 100% original. And if a purist gets mad, I'm going to simply say, stop charging so much for your parts! Ha!

Now that's the car. About me:
I'm 30 years old. I'd classify me as a honda enthusiast. I've owned EG Civic hatch, EF civic hatch, em1 coupe and a fa5 civic. Honestly, don't really care for the new type r's or civic body style. But that's probably because I'm getting old.

I love to travel. I've been all over europe, lived in Japan and China (well, I was in china for less than 90 days but at the time my parents lived there so in the summers when I was in college, I'd go there. I was born and raised in the midwest. This is something I'm very proud of. I love the midwest. I know, because I went to college and started my career in San Francisco and I lived in Japan for a few years. I'm a software engineer and I love what I do. I'm married with a daughter.

How's that for an intro post?

Back