• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new member... no car but debating...

his pics:
nsx3.jpg

nsx1.jpg

nsx6.jpg

nsx5.jpg

nsxfront.jpg

nsx4.jpg

nsx2.jpg

Looked at this car today at the Made 2 Envy car show today and I have to say it needs some major TLC the car is beat bad. Paint is in bad condition the CF are cheep knockoffs that don't fit the seats are to large for the interior and look cheap. If you really want a NSX sell you car and get a different NSX you can find one local you just have look.

From the pictures I say keep the Supra as it looks to be the better car.

I'm a diehard NSX fan and love white cars.................................................................................................

But if that was my white Supra (are you the original owner?), I would NEVER trade it for that POS NSX :eek:

My simple rule is if the previous owner had no taste and ghetto's up his ride like that, then he can't be of sane mind nor do I want to own the car. He sounds like a careless guy with crappy Tenzo seats, chrome rims and didn't even take the time to lower the car - looks like a 4x4 ! :confused:

Reasoning is if he can't mod correctly you can't expect him to know about the car's maintenance or take good care of it either.

KEEP THE SUPRA OR SELL IT PRIVATELY AND THEN BUY AN NSX :biggrin:

RK

The nose on this NSX has been painted and painted poorly. I see can see it in the pictures. There is a part of the lower bumper that should be black and it is painted white. Sounds like this one might have too many stories.

The nose on this NSX has been painted and painted poorly. I see can see it in the pictures. There is a part of the lower bumper that should be black and it is painted white. Sounds like this one might have too many stories.

Yeah I noticed this too. That whole inner area shouldn't be white.

the car does look really beat on and like it has not been treated as an nsx should be treated.

however, at 20K, it may be a very good deal, barring any mechanical issues and a clean title. if those two are in tact, this may be a perfect candidate for someone looking to put some work into a car and save it, TB/WP and clutch was done supposidly, which is a good thing (hopefully), but alot of wear items have most likely been neglected.
i know if i was in a position to buy an nsx at this point (i am not), i would consider this to bring it back into shape. The cosmetic modifications can be put back as the seller has all the oem parts, and as long as your are mechanically inclined, it may be a good purchase...and i'm local too, but alas, i'm still a few years away from being financially able to purchase.

now trading for that supra, i believe the clear answer is NO.

Last edited:
Keep the Supra since they are retaining their value a little better. You can always find another deal for an NSX without having to get rid of your Supra.

I recently saw this car {this week} on VWVortex site. He was looking to trade for a VW as well. Apparently he just wants out of this car. You need receipts for all the service {all of it}, not just his word. You should do a carfax before you go any further. I usually don't critisize others cars but damn that trunk is hidious. Also ask how long he's owned it. Good luck.

can you blame him! a vented boot, why? Looks like a cheese grater. Hopefully the drift plates were referring to snow only.:smile:

I'm debating as well. I have had a few inquiries for NSX trades, mostly 91,92's + some cash. I thought I'd have a hard time driving a car with 350rwhp less, but the NSX is just pure sex on the road. I think if I sell my Supra I'll probably pick one up for a weekender. I'm starting to research this prospect as well. I'll PM you on supra forums (morefaster) if I get any more trade offers. I would only consider an unmodified car in trade so I'll pass the others along.
Nice looking Supra BTW.

Back