• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new nsx, "acura" around the world, and faster than gtr! gt channel

well if you can believe anything you see off the internet, this video on gt channel sais honda will be marketing the nsx as an acura all across the world, even in japan it will be an acura.

and they say theyre testing it until they can do a 7:30 lap on the nuringburg(i cant spell for sh*t) or 8 seconds fastr than the gtr, but i dont think they expected nissan to pull a 7:25 time in the gtr spec-v

sorry if all this is reposted,
http://www.gtchannel.com/content.php?cid=17187

its at the end of the video when they talk about the nsx

I don't think this is a repost...but I did read this in a Magazine. something like Motor Trend

and they say theyre testing it until they can do a 7:30 lap on the nuringburg(i cant spell for sh*t) or 8 seconds fastr than the gtr, but i dont think they expected nissan to pull a 7:25 time in the gtr spec-v

Well, the regular one should hopefully beat the GT-R. Let the Type R take care of the V-Spec later! :)

P.S. The vid wouldn't pla for me since I'm at work but judging by the title (Jay Leno Top Gear),I think it was posted in another thread.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103271

april's fool maybe?? note the day of the video?

just build something like Nukem's avatar; people will line up buying it.

Thanks...I would buy it (if I could afford it):wink:

well if you can believe anything you see off the internet, this video on gt channel sais honda will be marketing the nsx as an acura all across the world, even in japan it will be an acura.

sorry if all this is reposted,
http://www.gtchannel.com/content.php?cid=17187

its at the end of the video when they talk about the nsx

That Spec-V 7:25 time makes it the fastest stock production car in the world. Faster than the Zonda CS and faster than the Carrera GT. Wow.

I suppose if Nissan can get this thing around a track that fast Honda should be able to do the same with several hundred pounds less and more power (although the GT-R appears to have at least 525hp and the Spec-V probably has over 600 hp.)

Nissan is sure outdoing itself.

(although the GT-R appears to have at least 525hp and the Spec-V probably has over 600 hp.)

You're right. The power increase over regular is 70 HP!

What gets the GTR fast numbers is the suspension tuning along with the tuning of their AWD system. It has plenty of power but the power is not amongst the highest nor is lightweight.

Honda has no history of AWD in a hard core performance application. No history means no experience in performance tuning. No freaking way Honda will touch GTR-V spec numbers. Tuning experience doesn't just happen over night. It takes years and a few decades of proven experience and knowledge base to optimize a system for performance.

Honda's SH-AWD and JDM 4WD application are geared towards the general consumers. SH-AWD is a technical wonder but how Honda tuned the system is actually quite a joke considering how conservatively tuned it is. Again, proper performance tuning comes from years of experience, which Honda lacks for performance AWD applications.

Honda executives is so tunnel visioned trying to beat performance targets from other manufacturers. They forget the glory of being the fastest last for one year or two at best before another manufacturer comes and denounces your throne.

Much like in life. Don't look externally to set your targets. Look internally and realize who you are to establish where you want to be. For this, Fukui need to wake up and realize a "heavy" V10 sports car is just not in Honda's culture.

Honda executives need to get over the chip on its shoulder originating from the criticisms of an "underpowered" and "not fast enought" NSX. Stop trying to prove yourself with a V10. Get over the power and speed battle.

It doesn't have to be fastest, it just needs to be the most satisfying to drive in a dependable and affordable package. And the styling better not come out from the Califorina studio.

That Spec-V 7:25 time makes it the fastest stock production car in the world. Faster than the Zonda CS and faster than the Carrera GT. Wow.
WOW is spot on.

The Nordschleife (north loop) laptimes are quite telling - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times (note: driver and conditions vary, not just power/weight)

- Gallardo Superleggera LTW - 7:46 (530 PS/1330 kg)
- Zonda S (street car) - 7:44 (550 PS/1280 kg)
- Murcielago (modded) - 7:43 (heavy AWD) - an LP640 did 7:47
- Corvette C6-Z06 - 7:43 (505 hp/1450 kg) - Jan Magnussen (ALMS LMP pilot)
- Ford GT - 7:42 (550 PS/1521 kg)
- P911/997-GT3 - 7:42 (415 PS/1440 kg) - Walter Rohl (P test pilot/rallye star)
- Bugatti Veyron 16/4 - 7:40 (1001 PS/1888 kg)
- Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren - 7:40 (626 PS /1768 kg)
- Corvette C6-ZR1 - 7:40 (620 HP/1497 kg)
- Nissan GT-R - 7:39 (480 PS/1740 kg) - on run-flats in semi-wet conditions
- P911 997-GT2 - 7:32 (530 PS/1440 kg) - Walter R
- Carrera GT - 7:28 (612 PS/1380 kg)
- Zonda Clubsport F - 7:28 (650 PS/1230 kg) in semi-wet conditions
- Nissan GT-R V-Spec - 7:25 (~551 PS/~1590 kg)
- Loaded BMW M3 CSL - 7:22 (~600 PS/1427 kg) E46 M3CSL in 7:50
- gold star to the "streetable" Radical SR8 - 6:55 (360 PS/650 kg)

In comparison, our NA2 NSX-R (280 PS/1270 kg) gets 7:56 with Motoharu Kurosawa (Gan-san) at the wheel. Ties the Corvette C5-Z06 (405 PS/1409 kg) driven by Dave Hill (chief designer).

Nicely done, Nissan.

"Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."

Honda's SH-AWD and JDM 4WD application are geared towards the general consumers. SH-AWD is a technical wonder but how Honda tuned the system is actually quite a joke considering how conservatively tuned it is. Again, proper performance tuning comes from years of experience, which Honda lacks for performance AWD applications.

Have to disagree strongly with you on this one. I have a '06 Legend, which I have tracked at our local race track [Barbagallo Raceway, Western Australia]. I have twenty years of motorsport experience, and currently hold my class lap record at the track.

The Legend is a remarkably quick car around the track, not because of the suspension tuning, which is not quite stiff enough, not because of the brakes, which are actually excellent for a luxury sedan, not because it has a sporty gearbox and certainly not because of it's power!

The thing that makes the Legend quicker than it should be is the SH-AWD. It will out-corner my mates WRX STi [only to be have it blast past on the next straight] and even out-corner [from mid to corner exit] some seriously modified racing sedans on R compound tyres [I had the OE Yokohama Advan Sport 235/50 R17 100W, which are actually quite brilliant for a road tyre]. This track day was conducted before the GT-R was released, and at the time I stated on the TOV forums that this was the way to go for future high-performance vehicles. The waves that the GT-R is creating in the high performance car world, has justified my belief.

I grant you that the current set-up of SH-AWD does not quite optimise the cars handling on the street, if you aren't savy on car control, but you dismiss Hond'a ability to translate this set-up onto the NSX replacement at your peril. I have experienced SH-AWD on the track, and if Honda cannot at least match the exploits of the GT-R I will be VERY surprised. They have already stated that their car will have a RWD biased application of SH-AWD.

Trust Honda on this one, give it 450hp, a sport car chassis, and SH-AWD and it will be everything you could wish for in a modern performance car.

Back