• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX owner introduction

Before I start a new thread just for this, I feel like it’s probably something silly but Today my temps have been acting kind of funny. At one point it was at 1 bar below half. Is this where it should be?

I saw it lower and it started to climb randomly while driving.

I was scared so I picked up some half and half coolant and added some. Maybe just a half of a bottle.

After filling it a little, I was Driving tonight it was maybe 50 degrees outside. I drove for over an hour on the highway and the temp needle really didn’t move from cold.

Maybe I need to flush the coolant, maybe I need a new thermostat? Anyone dealt with this before?

I guess the thermostat is stuck open unless i screwed something up by over filling it… should I let some out? If so from the top of the radiator?

Thanks in advance. My first trip up to the Catskills.

Actually nvm this, just found a thread someone had the same issue. I have to change the thermostat. Is it chill to do a 2 hour drive home? Should I try to cover half of the radiator?

Any tips on changing the thermostat? I’m already reading the manual on refilling the system. It’s sooo complicated :( :(

Back