• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEW NSX Owner UK

Hi all,

Always wanted an NSX, so here we are. Changed from a 2017 GTR prestige edition.

Car details:

2016 NSX finished in Berlina Black (non metallic) w/1.9K on the clock:

Standard features:

- 3.5 V6 Twin turbo w/hybrid drive 575PS
- 9 speed DCT w/manual paddle shift
- SH-AWD system
- 4 driving modes - Quiet, Sport, Sport+, Track
- Heated/electric seats w/memory, bluetooth, WiFi, Garmin nav, cruise control, dual zone climate, auto lights/wipers etc

Optional Extras:

- 19 " front/20" rear polished "Interwoven" alloys
- Carbon Ceramic brakes w/red calipers
- Tech Pack (ELS audio, sensors, rear camera)
- Carbon fibre roof (gloss)
- Carbon engine covers (matte dry)
- Orchid Leather interior

GTR has gone now so some basic comparison:

NSX Pros vs GTR

- Build quality feels better
- Interior more ergonomic
- Infotainment
- Looks for me
- Braking (carbon ceramics)
- steering
- no turbo lag

NSX Cons vs GTR

- Practicality. Rear boot can fit 2 or 3 medium backpacks
- Cheap modding is out the window
- Purchase cost

The NSX deploys it's power with the same lack of fuss as the GTR, you can full throttle mid corner and not upset the car if you really wanted to. Power delivery is linear with the electric motors being noticeable in the lower RPMs to torque fill. The engine revs out to 7.5K so you get a little more up top than with the GTR.

The main performance difference is the steering & handling. The GTR handled well but you never felt like it could, if that makes sense. Where as you have more confidence in the NSX, as it turns like a shark in water, so rapid.

Braking is weird as the pedals are not physically connected and the carbon ceramics can lack feedback but the results speak for themselves.

The noise sounds more rorty than a stock GTR and very nice on full throttle but not loud at least and somewhat disappointing if you were expecting a R8 or Gallardo style sound track. There are aftermarket exhausts and down pipes to fix this which I will do at some point.

The different driving modes really do change the car completely. You don;t want to drive in anything other than Sport+ for the extra exhaust, full battery assist and suspension/steering tweaks. Quiet mode is cool for cruising and so much more refined than the GTR. When it kicks into full EV mode at low speed is such a bizarre feeling!

The NSX infotainment has been universally panned across all reviewers, however they mustn't of used a GTR in the last 3 years! I'ts light years ahead and the first time I've used Apple Car play which has been great.

Style wise, man I love it. So much cooler than an R8 looks wise and not as obvious as a Lamborghini or Ferrari.

Because of the atrocious weather I haven;t driven it too hard yet, so mainly pottering around. I must say that the visibility and "normal" road manners have made the NSX very easy to get to grips with. Not as intimating to drive as you might think a mid engine super car would be.

I hope you enjoy the pics and I will post when I can on how I'm getting on.

48043358321_cc033e9f42_b.jpg

48043449212_f6c5062774_b.jpg

48043358271_c5748ea05a_b.jpg

48043449122_487c0bf096_b.jpg

48043393028_f55551ea08_c.jpg

48043453277_216db792e0_c.jpg

48043453437_5129c6ab3b_c.jpg

48043453512_0e4a6129bd_b.jpg

48043362706_6afd9f2d93_z.jpg

Nissan GT-R is why I bought an NSX

I, too, have a GT-r / NSX connection.

Earlier this year, I booked a week in Santa Monica. From HERTZ Los Angeles, I rented a 2018 GT-r for the week. I was ready to buy one. But first, I wanted to REALLY, REALLY test one.

The GT-r from HERTZ had low miles, fresh rubber, and was in great shape. For 4 days, I really hauled the mail in and around Angeles National Forest, and all the best canyon runs from the N.A.S. to Mulholland. I also opened it up on the 5.

There are things that the GT-r does really well. But overall, I was underwhelmed.

I mean, the GT-r is hugely powerful, and the 50-to-150 will leave you breathless and white-knuckled. The Launch Control is awesome. But driving in-between launch and 90 (the window in which about 90% of all driving takes place) the GT-r felt very tall (the roofline is four-and-a-half feet tall), the front dove far more than I would have imagined during hard braking, it understeered (as front-mounted engine cars are wont to do), and overall, it just felt a bit gamely.

When I got home, I test-drove an NSX. I bought one 8 days later.

congratulations on the car bro. I am from the UK and i think i saw this one on auto trader for a while as the interior rings a bell.

I picked up one of the last new 2018 NSX models that Honda were not able to sell a month ago, similar color combination to your's and i hope you enjoy it :)

the pros: fast (but controllable. Car is very planted and steady); visibility is insane; attention (everyone loves it and its so rare in the UK); seats are comfortable;

the cons: the exhaust sound (fixable but at the end of the day, coming from a jag type R, i feel like the noise coming out the exhaust should be more); the speakers (i had meridian sound system in jag type R and the ELS one is fairly rubbish. Whilst it is loud, the bass is non existant and i listen to hip hop and it annoys me that i cant get any bass in the car) ; the idea of the hybrid system with the EV mode really grew on me as i tried comfort mode but it is far too gimmicky and needs to work longer than a few seconds before the engine kicks in. Always seems to work for reversing but as soon as i touch the accelerator the engine 9 times out of 10 will kick in ; the clicking noise on the brakes (at first i had no idea what the noise was and had to phone honda thinking my car was faulty) but the fly by wire brakes click as you move forward from stopping position and in london this happens alot and its annoying) ; should be more seating adjustment and flexibility.

I love the car and couldnt be happier with it but there are always going to be some niggles here and there :)

Nice to see another person from the UK with an NSX!!! Enjoy mate

congratulations on your new car!!

I think i saw this one on auto trader not too long ago.

I picked up one of the last new unregistered 2018 models Honda were selling here in the UK. It has a similar color combination to your one. Congratulations and welcome to the club!!!

I have had mine for a month now and as you said the weather here has been absolutely disgraceful, hopefully get some sunshine soon.

The boot - It is not practical at all as you said. It gets very hot and anything i put in there comes out smelling of the engine/battery. So any clothes etc have to be put in a bag which is zipped up or it will smell.

Can add some cons that i have found so far for me:

The sound system - has no bass. Had a merdian sound system in my previous jag type R and this ELS sound system is very tame. It is loud but the bass is very disappointing. So disappointing that i am thinking of replacing it.

the engine sound - im coming from a loud almost thuggish noise being made from my previous jag type R to a MUCH softer rumble in the NSX. I don't care in the softer car modes but i feel that in Sport + when i want to hear the exhaust it should sound much more menacing.

hybrid system - when i got the car, i was obsessed with the EV mode for the first couple weeks as i had never experienced anything like it and it almost made me giddy everytime i pulled off in a supercar in silence. However, i just feel like they could improve on it and let you go FULL EV mode for up to 20-30 mph as after a second or two i find the engins just kicks in. It would be nice as i do alot of driving in London Traffic for it to just stay in EV mode the whole time.

Apart from that, the car is amazing and its nice to see another UK owner representing the NSX! Its so rare and so many people get excited and want to shake my hand when they see the car. I never feel alone as passengers from other cars always want to have a chat and say how much they love the car etc

Enjoy it :)

congratulations on your new car!!

I think i saw this one on auto trader not too long ago.

I picked up one of the last new unregistered 2018 models Honda were selling here in the UK. It has a similar color combination to your one. Congratulations and welcome to the club!!!

I have had mine for a month now and as you said the weather here has been absolutely disgraceful, hopefully get some sunshine soon.

The boot - It is not practical at all as you said. It gets very hot and anything i put in there comes out smelling of the engine/battery. So any clothes etc have to be put in a bag which is zipped up or it will smell.

Can add some cons that i have found so far for me:

The sound system - has no bass. Had a merdian sound system in my previous jag type R and this ELS sound system is very tame. It is loud but the bass is very disappointing. So disappointing that i am thinking of replacing it.

the engine sound - im coming from a loud almost thuggish noise being made from my previous jag type R to a MUCH softer rumble in the NSX. I don't care in the softer car modes but i feel that in Sport + when i want to hear the exhaust it should sound much more menacing.

hybrid system - when i got the car, i was obsessed with the EV mode for the first couple weeks as i had never experienced anything like it and it almost made me giddy everytime i pulled off in a supercar in silence. However, i just feel like they could improve on it and let you go FULL EV mode as after a second or two i find the engins just kicks in. It would be nice as i do alot of driving in London Traffic for it to just stay in EV mode the whole time.

Apart from that, the car is amazing and its nice to see another UK owner representing the NSX! Its so rare and so many people get excited and want to shake my hand when they see the car. I never feel alone as passengers from other cars always want to have a chat and say how much they love the car etc

Enjoy it :)

Black with those alloys looks so nice!

The alloys do look great. I'm waiting for the black wheel infatuation to go away for the most part. Used to be black (ugly steel) rims were only seen for winter use in these parts. Attractive black rims look good on some vehicles, but certainly not every one on the road.

So a quick update, it's been a while!

The car went back to Chiswick Honda in July 2019 for the fuel take and 3rd brake light recall, in the process I had them install the Quicksilver sports cats. This improves the sound immensely! Proper turbo spool and gurgling, it gives the car the extra drama I was missing from stock.

I had the stock tyres changed from the questionable Contis to Michelin PS4S back in December 2019 and aslo had the car cermaic coated in June 2020. However during this process the detailer noticed the polished alloys were showing signs of corrosion. Despite being out of warranty Honda UK (eventually) replaced the whole set of alloys (Circa £10K cost to them) in October 2020.

Fast forward to 2021 and the car has done around 6500 miles. I have just ordered the Scienece Of Speed low deck lid spoiler in gloss carbon as my car did not have the carbon fibre exterior package as I feel this will compliment the gloss carbon roof nicely.

I'm also wondering if anyone has managed to get a good OBD reader/app to display oil temps, AITs etc on their phone? It would be nice to see a little more detail on the cars temps as I have another trackday planned this year (my 2nd one in the NSX).

A few updated pics:

51106623672_4f5fac73ff_h.jpg

51106628807_13c84a2bac_h.jpg

51107976700_61bc34013b_h.jpg

Back