• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX owner

Hi, I just bought a red 1991 NSX with... yes only 6,100 miles on it. The previous owner basically had it garaged and only brought it out for driving on Sundays!

Glad to be part of this list. I'm from Toronto. I used to own a 94 Trans-am 6 speed which was fun but not in the same league as the NSX.

One question I have is that I notice it's rough between 1,500 and 2,000 rpm and you can feel it mildly thru the steering wheel when stationary (whether cold or hot). Should I be concerned or is it the symptoms of "rough idle"?

Hey congrats on finding a cherry NSX. I to have a 91 and it just turned 10,000 miles. I drive mine on fridays and saturdays, along with sundays
smile.gif

Hey, Congrats on the car..Have a '91 here too..I drive it on Mondays through Friday's and most of the time on Saturday's and Sundays..but it only has 60K miles
smile.gif

As far as the rough idle goes, yes I think its normal. Mine seems a bit rough at that RPM range.

Welcome aboard!! A great place to start learning about NSXs would be to start with the FAQ section. You'll find oodles of information there. Again, congrats on making that jump to the dark side. From this piont on, you'll never see any cars the same again. Nothing compares to being behind the wheels on an NSX.

I have a '92 that just turned 1,000 original miles yesterday! I haven't noticed any "rough" idling at low speed or in neutral(knock on wood). Taking it at what others are saying, I'm suspecting it's a "normal" thing with our cars. Anyhow, congrats on your purchase and I'm sure you'll have lots of fun!

------------------
Richard

Back