• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX stop motion film

Hey guys, Not sure if any of you have seen this but it looks like Acura made a little stop motion like film of the new NSX. I thought it was neat enough to share.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MYIPHqy0lcI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

always amazes me how advertisements tell you absolutely nothing about the car and instead just show you pictures of it. It seems so shallow.

Still - I like it better than the superbowl commercial where someone screams at me the whole time.

Are friends and families asking you guys if you are going to buy the new NSX? I tell them I am kind of interested but it's WAY out of my price range. They are shocked when I tell them the pricing.

Also many are talking about the mediocre reviews -- numb steering being the biggest thing they have heard of.

always amazes me how advertisements tell you absolutely nothing about the car and instead just show you pictures of it. It seems so shallow.

Still - I like it better than the superbowl commercial where someone screams at me the whole time.

I've whined about it once and I'll whine about it again. I think it's 100% the unavoidable result of too many Millennials in various marketing departments running the show nowadays, being managed by Gen X'ers who have no idea how to relate to their ideas. These are the same ones who think today's robot-composed music is good music and whose faces are buried in their phones instead of looking at the natural art out there in nature, whose short attention span is more interested in quick flash than lasting substance and who then design cars that look like angry origami with attention-grabbing shocking design cues like ugly fascias and silver beaks. :)

And who probably have no idea who's screaming in that commercial other than they heard it on a funny YouTube video on Facebook on their iPhone. Diamond Dave who? At least the screaming came from a time when people wrote their own music and the music was good. :)

Is there a chance anyone reading here actually has no idea who's howling and what song the howls were taken from?

I do enjoy the fact it features my favorite rock band from the 70s/80s that was used for one of my favorite commercials of all time where GI Joe stole Barbie from Ken in a black 300ZX.

Last edited:
^ Well for starters, they'd have to know what this little plastic contraption is...

cassette_case.jpg

and what it means to run SIDE A :wink:

why_vh.jpg

^ Well for starters, they'd have to know what this little plastic contraption is...

cassette_case.jpg

and what it means to run SIDE A :wink:

Here is the original Side 1 from the actual album I dug out of inventory. (CD's weren't even invented until after October 1982 for commercial production.)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Album cover.jpg
    Album cover.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 288
  • FullSizeRender (23).jpg
    FullSizeRender (23).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 288

Glad you feel the same way:wink:

I've whined about it once and I'll whine about it again. I think it's 100% the unavoidable result of too many Millennials in various marketing departments running the show nowadays, being managed by Gen X'ers who have no idea how to relate to their ideas. These are the same ones who think today's robot-composed music is good music and whose faces are buried in their phones instead of looking at the natural art out there in nature, whose short attention span is more interested in quick flash than lasting substance and who then design cars that look like angry origami with attention-grabbing shocking design cues like ugly fascias and silver beaks.

seems like it's time to fire the entire advertising team...

I could be wrong...

Is there a chance anyone reading here actually has no idea who's howling and what song the howls were taken from?

I do enjoy the fact it features my favorite rock band from the 70s/80s that was used for one of my favorite commercials of all time where GI Joe stole Barbie from Ken in a black 300ZX.

But I believe it was a RED 300ZX in the commercial.
I have 4 Z's of which 2 are Z32s (a '90 n/a and '91 TT) and have two Tee's w/ GIJ & Barb pictured and the ZCar is Red.
Doesn't matter , as it was a great commercial (and still is a great car, even if not quite an NSX).
My Z32 TT is my alternate to 1'st Gen NSX and won 1'st place in Z nationals (Street Modified) in 2013.

And I've been fantasizing adding a 1'st gen NSX in future (if I can find the right one at reasonable price) to keep the 2'nd gen company. (After a financial recovery delay of course)

But I believe it was a RED 300ZX in the commercial.
I have 4 Z's of which 2 are Z32s (a '90 n/a and '91 TT) and have two Tee's w/ GIJ & Barb pictured and the ZCar is Red.
Doesn't matter , as it was a great commercial (and still is a great car, even if not quite an NSX).
My Z32 TT is my alternate to 1'st Gen NSX and won 1'st place in Z nationals (Street Modified) in 2013.

And I've been fantasizing adding a 1'st gen NSX in future (if I can find the right one at reasonable price) to keep the 2'nd gen company. (After a financial recovery delay of course)

Thanks, you're right, I may have subliminally been thinking of my black '91 Z I suppose. :) Great commercial, the characters' expressions are so well done. The followup is entertaining too. And great collection you have!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uXdFKcETEPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0ELV9d12hHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Technically remarquable but not remarquably inspired ...

For me the Van Halen song that I hear when looking at the NSX 2.0 is "I'll wait" ;)

Hmmm ... Van Halen ... Not my favorite group nor guitar player ...

Nothing exotic there, quite the contrary ...

But why not play the game and stay with ''Fan ALAIN'' and go with: On Fire

A Nürburgring hommage!

Back