• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Turbine!

My brother's psychic girlfriend told him yesterday that her brother is actually a member of the Acura NSX assembly team in Japan. He rotates his position with three other workers, mainly hand-assembling the engines, with occasional work on the transmission. This guy says that the new NSX engine will not be assembled in Japan, because they are no longer using an internal combustion engine effective 2004 model year. The new engine will actually be duel Rolls-Royce turbines that have extremely efficient use of lower octane jet fuel (est EPA 44 mpg). The duel turbine setup tests out at a whopping 1,200 bhp at the rear wheels at 20,000 rpm! Acura will only do the installation.

He said the install is amazing, with one engine slant-mounted on each side of the larger mid-engine bay (smaller trunk) and using slightly larger intake side-body ports. The exhausts converge into a single outlet like the Boxter, with a flame arrestor for saftey. He said that the car is expected to blow away all the competition, and I believe it!

Wow, I can't wait. I think I'll sell my old NSX ASAP, and save up!

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

[This message has been edited by NSXY (edited 19 January 2001).]

Where the hell did you get this info? that is totally false!
Ijust got off the Phone with Ayrton Senna--yes--he is still alive, the Honda engineers have created a VTEC powered revival machine that brought him back to life.
The real story is that Ayrton Senna has been working constantly on the next gen NSX, code named MP-X. It will feature a detuned Honda Mugen F3000 V-8 engine expected to produce around 500hp at 15000RPM. it will have a carbon fiber monocoque similar to real racing cars, directly bolt on the motor just like Formula 1 cars. It will also feature center driving position, fully adjustable suspension, brembo carbon composite brakes. Oh, btw, Senna told me I would get the first one as a return gift for all the help and advice I have given him for his very succesful formula 1 career.

------------------
Please visit my NSX tuning page! Mods, Japanese NSX related stuff, pics!
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/6073/index.html

i thought the new nsx was going to have a Honda S2000 front end on it and the engine was going to be a 3.5 liter V8 rated at 395 horsepower. at least thats what Car and Driver said and showed the picture of it. It also is supposed to have 200 mph capability and cost $143k. there will also be a 415 Horsepower, 3.6 liter racing engine.

[This message has been edited by vega12 (edited 19 January 2001).]

Originally posted by maomaonsx:
Where the hell did you get this info? that is totally false!
Ijust got off the Phone with Ayrton Senna--yes--he is still alive, the Honda engineers have created a VTEC powered revival machine that brought him back to life.
The real story is that Ayrton Senna has been working constantly on the next gen NSX, code named MP-X. It will feature a detuned Honda Mugen F3000 V-8 engine expected to produce around 500hp at 15000RPM. it will have a carbon fiber monocoque similar to real racing cars, directly bolt on the motor just like Formula 1 cars. It will also feature center driving position, fully adjustable suspension, brembo carbon composite brakes. Oh, btw, Senna told me I would get the first one as a return gift for all the help and advice I have given him for his very succesful formula 1 career.

Mao, LOL..you are funny man..
I don't believe what NSXY's brother's girlfriend's brother(Does it ever end?) or anybody say about the new NSX until Acura make the official announcement about it. I'll only believe my own ears and eyes.

I heard from a very reliable (insert bullshit here) source that the new NSX will be a Ford Pinto with JATO packs. They say the acelleration is insane, but could use the brembo upgrade to avoid death. The whole package should be under $50K.

Okay guys, I wanted to keep quiet on this since I'm under an NDA. HOWEVER, I'm also committed to ensuring that misinformation about Honda is not spread from this, or any other board on the net.

Here is what I can say:

The next gen NSX WILL still have an internal combustion engine (duh!). However, the VTEC system used in the engine will be much more advanced than what is in the current NSX or even the S2000. The most shocking part about the new engine is that it won't be using the types of cams that everyone is familiar with.

The new mechanism that will control valve lift and duration will be what's called a, "Flex Capacitor". This device will control a new power source known as "Plutonium" and, with help from an improved variable length intake runner system, will produce approximately 1.8 gigawatts of power at the rear wheels!

We are currently finalizing negotiations with the Libyans to supply the energy source. The next gen NSX would have been out in 2002 (like some rumors suggested) if it weren't for the fact that the Libyans shot and killed one of our lead engineers during a dispute over some past due invoices (the matter has been resolved).

Am I the only one worried to see that the team of NSX design engingeers from Japan just bought the 1976 Tyrell-Ford P34 Elf car off of E-Bay.

Does anyone know an after-market 19 12 12 rim supplier that gives a discont package for buying six at a time?

How am I going to get six tires in my car on track day?

I was reading about the NSX and came across some japanese articles and it states that they will use a 1.6L Bi turbo engine coded B16A8 which mated with a 6 Speed manual trans will go 0~60Mph in 4.2 sec.. the car will weight 1900Lbs due to the Full fiberglass body.

Originally posted by HapaHaole:
I was reading about the NSX and came across some japanese articles and it states that they will use a 1.6L Bi turbo engine coded B16A8 which mated with a 6 Speed manual trans will go 0~60Mph in 4.2 sec.. the car will weight 1900Lbs due to the Full fiberglass body.
LOL.
Are you serious?! or you're just kidding?

ok,ok,,,,I'll stop all the rumors and finally spill the beans, let the cat out, open the ducts, give the skinny...... The new NSX will be a 2003(not 2 or 4), It will have a V-8 (v-10 was pondered but quickly discarded for the purpose of a lightweight goal) , It will only have four wheels but they'll be a 19, 18" setup(too big in my opinion), The center driving position is true and, and like the Saleen S7, it will have the rear view cameras(cameras mounted in the rear and displayed on the dash for rear visibility), It will have a remote start from the key remotes as well as electronic suspension settings. A full navigation system is standard equipment, By the way, the engine will produce an astounding 518 hp (~ 440 hp to the wheels).... The body will still be all aluminum.... oh, and it will come with a mail order bride for free..... and neon lights lining the chassis..... There's some more bull for ya.

NO NO NO NO NO. I work for Honda..I am their chief liasion for new product development relations in Nova Scotia.

Now first off yes the engine will be an internal combustion. Only it will be a diesel . Honda has realised the importance of enviromentalisim, and has decided to usher in a new era in sports cars..the subsports car. Its performance will be ok with pretty good acceleration....horse power will decrease, but with the addition of the diesel motor, torque will increase substantialy at lower rpm's. Because of the added weight of the diesel, and the increased bloback and collection of soot in the drivers compartment when the targa roof is off, Honda has brought the exhaust straight out of the engine, incorporating it into a dual stack system commonly found on big rigs. Air brakes are standard with the drives position moved to more of an upright sitting position like that of a bus driver. As of now the Naional Traffic Safety Bureau is requiring new owners to possess a valid class C operators licence.

You are all way off! I just called Dionne Warwick, and she filled me in on our future dream car. The brother's psychic girlfriend is a fraud, and is not licensed with the SFFN (Psychic Friends and Family Network) She told me that Honda is having so much trouble building 15,000 Civics a day (to meet demand is SoCal), that Acura is going to team up with Honda and allow them to use the NSX plant to build additional Civics. Consequently, Acura is subbing out the 2004 NSX project to Mattel. The car will be made primarily out of plastic. The engine will be electric (w/pedal back-up) with working CB and headlights. The trunk and hood will open, providing plenty of storage for Capri- Sun's, Ding Dong and Ho-Ho's. The car will run for 15 minutes on a full charge (like a Ferrari), and will retain its two-seater capacity. The car will also be available in 2 colors; Malibu Barbie Pink and GI Joe camouflage.

[This message has been edited by James Cruz (edited 22 January 2001).]

I have a buddy whose friend works for the CIA. They were in Japan on defense intel recon mission. Anyhoo they ended up in the wrong building taking pictures of the latest NSX. The latest (might I mention much more reliable than these other guys) engine platform will be a honda 50cc single retrofited from their trail bike. It will be the first supercar with 80mpg and will dominate all racing in its class since there are no other single piston cars to compete with. The muffler provides most of the horsepower with its double anechoic self resonating chamber. The beauty of the double anechoic self resonating chamber is its ability to reform the exhaust gass in to JP4 for the afterburner which is said to "kick better than 150 shot nitrous". I am sure they have a patent on it. The intake is ported and a standard "d" valve on the exhaust. They say it will smoke a Delorean on acceleration yet be as reliable as a Ferrari on maintenance. Almost sounds too good to be true! But it is. If you can't trust the CIA who can you trust?

Enough already!! So many rumors and all this internal fighting as to who is right. It is obvious that I am the only one that has seen the light. Obviously Acura intends to manufacture the next generation NSX in all the forms that are described here in a successful attempt to please everyone. This will put an end as to the debate as to which is the best super-car, since it will be an NSX of some variant. Of course the option list is quite lengthy, but I hear that the build time will be reduced do to the Japanese adopting a better, faster, cheaper approach. What really concerns me is the last part of the philosophy, CHEAPER, rumor is that the new NSX, in any form ordered will be less than $5000. Just think what this will do to the value of all of our 1st generation NSXs!!!! I sold mine last weekend for $7000 and consider myself lucky! Pretty smart for a guy with no inside connections.

Back