• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX update

August 2000 Road and Track states that an all new model is awhile off maybe in 2004, but a dramatically face-lifted version (code name ZS) should make its appearance sometime next year. If anyone has additional info about the ZS model please post.

Originally posted by AndrewB93:
August 2000 Road and Track states that an all new model is awhile off maybe in 2004, but a dramatically face-lifted version (code name ZS) should make its appearance sometime next year. If anyone has additional info about the ZS model please post.

They're not going to bother face-lifting a model that's selling a few hundred cars a year.

nsxtacy,

NSX only sells a few hundred in "America". The numbers are much greater in Japan. I'm willing to believe they could justify a new facia and quarter panels for that market alone. The aftermarket for the NSX is huge there, hence the apetite is there. Check out Hyper Rev for the aftermarket range. It's immense. Small changes like that stir renewed interest. look at the ZR1 rear facia on the C4 Vettes.

NSX only sells a few hundred in "America". The numbers are much greater in Japan.

I don't think so. Can you tell me exactly how many?

Originally posted by Flying Low:
NSX only sells a few hundred in "America". The numbers are much greater in Japan

Nope.

The most recent available figures for the United States show 245 cars sold for model year 1998. (Add roughly another 10 percent if you want to include Canada.)

78 cars were sold in Japan for model year 1999.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
78 cars were sold in Japan for model year 1999.

If you can get sales numbers for some other countries for all years I'd love to add the numbers to the FAQ.

In the past I've been told that US sales are roughly the same number as the sales in all other countries combined.

In that case I stand corrected. Time will tell re: a facelift. Personally I think she's beatiful as is.

Foreign sales numbers would be great for the FAQ!

Marc

"....Yet more info about the NSX. Because the next Skyline GT-R will be expected to put out an astounding, 911-Turbo-killing 450-ps, Honda is fully upgrading its engine program. Following Nissan's lead, both manufacturers will ignore, for the first time, the domestic market power restriction of 280-ps. This unwritten law has been criticized for stifling the competitiveness of Japanese sports cars, and contributed, to a degree, their demise on the worldwide market outside of Japan.

A 3.5-litre V8 "base" engine will produce at least 400-ps, while a higher-spec model will have a 3.6-litre V8 producing at least 420-ps (and maybe even more, to battle the next GT-R). A 4-litre ultra-supercar is also under consideration (expect up to 500ps!)

Honda has learnt from its mistakes with the first NSX and the S2000 (JDM sales of the S2000 has continuously fallen to new lows as customers shy away from it. It is too peaky to drive in say, Tokyo, where traffic jams are the norm). Low-down torque will be more than ample this time around, and NSX will have class-leading performances in all areas. A steel body will keep costs down and will be less complicated to repair and insure. Honda has finally realized that just high-end power is not enough to satisfy buyers, it must also be easy to drive fast without having to rev to 9,000 rpm all the time. It cannot fail in the market for the second time...."

Source...
http://www.busybeetoys.com/SCOOP/scoop-2000-08-05.htm

-Jim

------------------
1991 NSX Blk/Blk
1974 Vette 454 4 spd
Wht/Blk

Maybe the 20 hp difference will be like the current difference for the auto/manual transmissions.

I doubt we'll see two engines here in the USA anyway.

This is not a car like the Corvette. I'm hoping that the rest of the news is true. Anything near 400 with enhanced low-end torque sounds like a good thing to me.

-Jim

------------------
1991 NSX Blk/Blk
1974 Vette 454 4 spd
Wht/Blk

Back