• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner! 1991 Red/Black (NYC)

Thanks me too! Hopefully next month for the wheels. No taillights, I decided to splurge on nsxR black headliner conversion instead.

Cool, Lets hope the bear mountain meet happens after you get all this stuff put on.

Have been keeping myself busy these past few weekends with the NSX. Trying to spend as much time together before the tires no longer agree with the new season.

September 2015:
Based on recommendations here on Prime and with the added help of prime member @jazzmann I installed a set of Morimoto Elite HID kit from Theretrofitsource. I opted for the 35W, 5500K output set and could not be happier! It reminds me of the output from my S2000. The install was a little tricky since the kit has changed slightly throughout the year. Would definitely recommend this kit to anyone interested in upgrading to HID. This was a simple mock-up to ensure everything was working properly. Everything is nice, tucked and secured now.

I'm happy with the cutoff given the stock projectors and glass housing:

71D93E46-6803-48ED-8E80-0DE0D526EEC3.jpg

Last but not least, I had a good friend give her the much needed attention that she deserved. Learned quite a bit about detailing and got my hands dirty as well lol. I still can't believe in how great a shape the paint is after 24 years!

October 2015:
After spending some quality time in the cockpit of the NSX, I've fallen in love with everything about it EXCEPT the lack of a double-din. Seeing peoples retro fit double-din into the OEM housing just didn't look right and could tell that sun-glare is an obvious problem. Primers to the rescue, yet again! I wanted a simple plug-n-play option that would allow me to retain my factory console and go for that "OEM +" look. Thanks to @clean_green for posting his solution. I opted for the 2013 Nexus 7 32GB tablet. My plan was to use my old wireless charging pod and bluetooth cassette tape to have everything sync up and not mess with any splicing of wires. I am extremely happy with how everything came up. I still need to play around with some of the settings so things stay on/off when they need to. Would recommend this to all:

Ran a single USB cable behind the radio to then plug in directly to my USB plug:

Finished product:

DAD1896E-2C15-4454-8D02-891D17E17175.jpg

Random shots a good friend took over the weekend:

Last edited:
I like that setup! Makes me want to try this NavPod setup once again! Fernando, we need to talk. I need details of how you set this up. And of course the Groupon for the Samsung wireless charging pad for $24.99 is over!! GRRRRRR!)

I like that setup! Makes me want to try this NavPod setup once again! Fernando, we need to talk. I need details of how you set this up. And of course the Groupon for the Samsung wireless charging pad for $24.99 is over!! GRRRRRR!)

Thanks. I'm loving the setup. I scored the pod for free when I pre-ordered my galaxy s6 lol. The best part about it is that it's so simple and plug-n-play. I still need to play around with some of the settings to get it to power up when it gets power. For now, I simply use the "magnet trick" which wakes the tablet up when I pass a small magnet across the screen. I did make one additional update to the rear set up. I decided to add a small block to help provide more support when pressing on the bottom portion of the screen. Used velcro to add the bar, so that screen is not going anywhere!

Night-time shots:

- - - Updated - - -

Looks awesome, I can't wait to see this car in person

Thanks! I'm looking forward to our Fall Bear Run!! I'm wondering if I should just make a build thread in the sub-forum :confused:

In any event, got off of work early this week so decided to make the most of the time so installed my NSX-R headliner. Many thanks to Adnan from A.S. Motorsports for sourcing me one straight from Honda! Unfortunately there were no driver-side A-pillar's in-stock so they are apparently being manufactured. Once available, I will be in that first batch.

Onto the pics to keep everyone engaged lol. OEM packaged goodies. Almost a sin having to rip through the plastic :eek:

Out with the dirty, dirty old:

Random NSX selfie:

Things coming apart:

Comparison shots Old vs New:

Coming together:

These are the only "finished" pictures I have so far:

236BBDF5-98F2-48F6-A570-19D12E9CD707.jpg

Next on the list is my wheel set-up. I already have the rubber sitting in the garage and wheels should be arriving by next week. I've always loved the concave look on all my cars, so went with a "fender-friendly" setup of:
Advan AD08R's in F:215/40/17, R:265/35/18
Volk CE28's Gunmetal Black in F:17x8+33, R: 18x9.5+22

Should be able to install by next weekend. I'm really excited!! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Looks great. We knew you wouldn't let us down. When are your wheels coming? That will be the biggest difference maker in the way the car looks.

Looks great. We knew you wouldn't let us down. When are your wheels coming? That will be the biggest difference maker in the way the car looks.

Agreed, I can't wait! They were shipped out today so I should have them by next week; definitely in time for the Fall Bear Run.

Luckily caught this shot on my way into work....bonus shot of Charlotte trying to set up her web in my cluster

I had CE's on my first NSX, but in 18/19's. Bitch to clean but very classy

Congrats on the pick up. Seen Nawshin posted a bunch of pictures of your journey. Keep it up ��

Last edited:
^Thanks guys for checking out my thread.

I finally got the wheels installed and needless to say, I'm in LOVE with the car even more! This offset and tire size is perfect in my eyes! I do need to adjust height and add some camber due to the crappy NYC roads. I'm currently rubbing on all four corners but only on big dips. I'm able to turn full-lock and no rubbing, so that's a plus! Here are some pictures of the install - I also included a short video immediately after putting them on.

Video:

I had a great time this past weekend with the NE Crew cruising around Bear Mountain! Amazing roads, beautiful backdrop and the sweet, sweet tune of NSX's! Lamchop168(Frankie) got some great footage of me as we carved through some fun roads:

Also picked up some LED action to help modernize the interior/exterior. I would definitely recommend this kit to anyone who hasn't already:

Last edited:
Fernando, it was very nice meeting you. The car look great! Yeah, I got you covered on the video. Hope to see you soon.

Frankie

Back